NEurope

Surely the other versions will come. Why go the effort of putting in ultimate team and then not cash in with the £80 Icon version. EA don't usually miss a chance extract money from is.

One thing I will say I've become increasingly bored by the frostbite engine for FIFA if this is built on a different engine that's also not ignite I could be interested as off TV play is cool.

On 2017-6-19 at 3:50 PM, flameboy said:

One thing I will say I've become increasingly bored by the frostbite engine for FIFA if this is built on a different engine that's also not ignite I could be interested as off TV play is cool.

It's still Ignite but a customised version

4 hours ago, Clownferret said:

Can you transfer coins between versions of fifa with the same EA account  

No points you can but not coins...one of the ways they clamp down on coin fraud (kinda a battle they have lost to be fair)

I grabbed my brother's copy of FIFA 15 on PS3 the other day to try it out the other day as it'll probably be closer to the Switch version than what I've been playing of FIFA 17 on PS4.

To be honest, once I got past the less fluid player animations (a sensation that always rears it's head with FIFA when you go back to a previous generation) there was a competent football game to play and I'm sure FIFA 18 on Switch will play just fine :smile:

I haven't played Fifa 17 so I don't know if any of these issues have been fixed, but as much as I love 16 it has HUGE flaws that I really hope have been rectified for 18.

I don't know if there is a secret button that I don't know about, but the amount of times I am clear through on goal in the box the opposing defender shoves me in the back and knocks me over without a penalty being given is ridiculous. The flipside of that is when you are defending and jockeying the striker and without even making a tackle the ref gives a penalty. This also happens a hell of a lot.

The chemistry system in UT is stupid. Why would a player who plays in the same league have chemistry. I have played against teams with mostly red lines and yet they still have 100% chemistry. You only seem to need about 4 green lines.

The penalty system is horrible. All you can really do is put it high either side of the keeper. The PES system was much better.

Being able to intercept goal kicks and free kicks is another big flaw. The couple of seconds it takes to charge up the kick allows the opposing team to run to an open player. I do this a lot but it feels like cheating.

By far the biggest issue is the "handicapping" in UT. At first I thought it  was EA being clever and putting in a system where teams go on runs, much like in real life, so you win a couple, confidence gets high and suddenly everything seems to click. Likewise lose a couple and opposite happens. Even if this was the case it's far too overpowered. There are games when you simply can't win and also games where you just have to shoot and it will fly in the top corner. I noticed a while ago having been relegated for 4 straight seasons that I hadn't bought any new players for some time. My squad was pretty much maxed out and I was just saving up for an in form replacement. I started doing some business in the transfer market and suddenly 4 straight promotions! This is a big concern to me as it appears EA have put in a system where they force you to lose to make you buy players and reward you when you do. If that is the case then it makes the whole game a complete waste of time.

Anyway, the reason I logged on was to ask a question. Are Icons a different mode of gameplay or are they just players you can buy in UT?

Rant over.

Penalties seem to have changed every year the past few years, so it's different to 16. I actually think 17 is better.

All the UT stuff, don't care, never touch it.

As for the through on goal and all that stuff, no idea what you're talking about to be honest, never had a problem, maybe you're just not very good :D

Penalties seem like such an easy thing to get right but I haven't enjoyed penalties in any game in well over a decade. Why has taking or saving a penalty become so complicated? ::shrug:

At the moment, it always feels like a battle with the controls rather than mind games with your opponent!

It's time to take it back to basics!

Keep looking for info on FIFA Switch but not really getting anywhere.

Is Switch definitely just getting the basic version of the Game (no Ronaldo or Icon editions) I don't want to pre-order until I know what my options are.

What version of FIFA on PS4 will this be comparable to? Someone mentioned it's still the ignite engine albeit customised.

New trailer for PS4-version

Can't remember if it makes sense to bring this trailer to a Nintendo-forum. But here you are anyways.

On 16/08/2017 at 3:37 PM, Clownferret said:

Keep looking for info on FIFA Switch but not really getting anywhere.

Is Switch definitely just getting the basic version of the Game (no Ronaldo or Icon editions) I don't want to pre-order until I know what my options are.

What version of FIFA on PS4 will this be comparable to? Someone mentioned it's still the ignite engine albeit customised.

I check YouTube every so often to see if there's any new (and better) footage of the game but it's been worryingly quiet on that front!

I suspect they don't want the masses thinking the Switch footage is the next PS4/X1 version.

EA will be keen to make are it's the better version that is seen in all the marketing.

I'm surprised they're not doing something with it to promote it as a handheld game though. Possibly Nintendo wouldn't like this approach though as it's counter to their argument that Switch is a home console first and handheld second.

They're showcasing it on Thursday, the switch version, so here's hoping it's looking good. Can't wait for it personally.

• Like 2

God that host is irritating. But the game is looking amazing. I can’t wait for this. Portable console quality Fifa. Perfect. 

13 hours ago, dazzybee said:

God that host is irritating. But the game is looking amazing. I can’t wait for this. Portable console quality Fifa. Perfect. 

Irritating is an understatement.. especially considering his goal celebration :blank:

The game looks really good, though, and the pace looked a little faster than FIFA 17 to me.. but that might just be me ::shrug:

I can see me playing this a lot online!

• Like 1

Leaked a month or so back but EA have finally confirmed real-time transfer and contract negotiations and more in-depth cutscenes interwoven throughout the manager career mode experience (such as a Ballon d'Or presentation for the year's best player or the media unveiling of a marquee signing in the news section of the menu), as well as a new transfer hub.

Seeing as this is the main mode for which I've played FIFA over the last few years, I'm happy to finally see some strong features added to the mode.

12 hours ago, Julius Caesar said:

Leaked a month or so back but EA have finally confirmed real-time transfer and contract negotiations and more in-depth cutscenes interwoven throughout the manager career mode experience (such as a Ballon d'Or presentation for the year's best player or the media unveiling of a marquee signing in the news section of the menu), as well as a new transfer hub.

Seeing as this is the main mode for which I've played FIFA over the last few years, I'm happy to finally see some strong features added to the mode.

Apparently the visuals/graphics are on par with Fifa 16 on PS4 which is what I'm playing so more than happy with that. Going to be very tough starting again on ultimate team as my current squad is pretty awesome. I can see myself spending some serious bucks in the first few weeks trying to get some decent players. I'm definitely going to try out the other modes this team and hope we can get a N-E squad together. Really can't wait for this.

1 hour ago, Clownferret said:

Apparently the visuals/graphics are on par with Fifa 16 on PS4 which is what I'm playing so more than happy with that. Going to be very tough starting again on ultimate team as my current squad is pretty awesome. I can see myself spending some serious bucks in the first few weeks trying to get some decent players. I'm definitely going to try out the other modes this team and hope we can get a N-E squad together. Really can't wait for this.

Is it meant to be that good really? Very surprising, I was expecting PS3 style graphics. Which wouldn't bother me. 

I can't wait for this either; handed play is going to be amazing! Fear how much time I'll put into it. 

1 hour ago, Clownferret said:

I totally forgot you could all play together in a team! I'm definitely down for that :hehe:

I've never bothered with Ultimate Team, though!

1 hour ago, dazzybee said:

Is it meant to be that good really? 

Not at all. I dunno who's been saying it's at PS4 levels but they are clearly off their trolley. All reports/hands on from Gamescom have it pegged as a souped up PS3/360 game in terms of visuals. Hell, it's on a completely different engine. The game is running at 60fps on less powerful hardware, so it's hardly going have the same level of visuals as the One/PS4.

Do you still listen to NVC? Last weeks episode was quite annoying to listen when Brian was crying on about how FIFA isn't a fair test. Dude was clearly upset just because he doesn't like football.

1 hour ago, nekunando said:

I totally forgot you could all play together in a team! I'm definitely down for that .

Im not sure Pro Clubs is even confirmed for this version. It would be a nightmare anyway if their no voice chat in the game. You would never be able to coordinate your passes, setup or runs.

Is there any point in pre ordering this. I can't see any of the bonuses of extra players and packs the other systems are getting.

The Switch engine is based on ignite which Fifa 16 used, so that's probably where the comparison came from. I can't find the article now. 

4 minutes ago, Clownferret said:

Is there any point in pre ordering this. I can't see any of the bonuses of extra players and packs the other systems are getting.

The Switch engine is based on ignite which Fifa 16 used, so that's probably where the comparison came from. I can't find the article now. 

There doesn't seem to be any preorder bonus with the Switch preorders.

Also, this little bit of information came out the other day in a Eurogamer review. I'm not sure what it really means as I haven't put much time into Ultimate Team in previous versions but it may mean something to you @Clownferret

2Every time we only have a year to do the game. You have to be very careful about the choices that we make and the features that we want to put in, because the date will not change. The date will not change in any way."

Be it a design decision, a sacrifice, or a bit of both, this time it's the FUT Champions and Squad Battles modes that don't make the cut. Is that because they expect Switch players to be more casual? "I see it as being more social," is perhaps the diplomatic way of saying 'yes' - but that's not necessarily a bad thing. While Lăzărescu stresses quite fairly that "casual represents different things to different people," the choice to drop those features is based on the type of audience they expect. "I look at them as two different games, two different worlds, that I think we should take for what they are, and keep in mind that we should not try to force people onto certain things just because it works on a certain platform."

I'm not sure if the EA rep is talking about all versions or just the Switch version. The interview itself was all about the Switch version so it may be that that is the only one that isn't getting these UT modes.