NEurope

51 minutes ago, nekunando said:

It's a little bit of a shame that I'm not seeing much activity from the rest of you at the moment!

I had no intention of playing the online modes of the game. I bought it mainly for the offline stuff and a UT. The game has now been shelved seeing as I reached my skill limit in the 5th division. 

Plus, there are games both on Switch and other platforms that are far more worthy of my attention at the moment.

I play it a lot, but off line mainly and a bit of seasons (but the defending puts me off greatly). No online with friends is a huge killer for this game, still can’t believe EA haven’t mentioned it, it ain’t getting patched is it... What do these cunts expects really?

54 minutes ago, dazzybee said:

I play it a lot, but off line mainly and a bit of seasons (but the defending puts me off greatly). No online with friends is a huge killer for this game, still can’t believe EA haven’t mentioned it, it ain’t getting patched is it... What do these cunts expects really?

I'm not sure who would need to patch it, Nintendo or EA but either way surely it will happen sooner rather than later. It is bloody annoying when you get the notification that a friend is playing Fifa and there is absolutely bugger all you can do about it. What's the issue with the defending?

4 hours ago, Clownferret said:

I'm not sure who would need to patch it, Nintendo or EA but either way surely it will happen sooner rather than later. It is bloody annoying when you get the notification that a friend is playing Fifa and there is absolutely bugger all you can do about it. What's the issue with the defending?

I just hate tactical defending and the game forces it online with randoms. Puts me off. 

4 hours ago, Clownferret said:

I don't think they'll add the ability to play with friends online. If they release FIFA 19, they'll include it as a reason for you to buy the game next year while they keep the gameplay, graphics and everything else identical..

11 hours ago, dazzybee said:

I just hate tactical defending and the game forces it online with randoms. Puts me off. 

What is tactical defending?

At the moment I'm finding scoring a breeze, albeit in Div 9/10. I'd spent a good year in and around Div 4 on PS4 so maybe it's just the drop in class.

has anybody else noticed that there seems to be a "muscle" injury in just about every game you play.

51 minutes ago, Clownferret said:

has anybody else noticed that there seems to be a "muscle" injury in just about every game you play.

Hmm.. Certainly not every game but it has happened at a couple of critical moments in games that has left me very frustrated!

Speaking of frustration, I was feeling increasingly unfortunate last night online where games I more than deserved to win were being lost with some ludicrous and messy goals being conceded in addition to inexplicable misses at the other end. It seemed like everything was against me and I was left with 7 points from 6 games in Division 3 and staring at potential relegation for the first time :hmm:

The aim this morning was to win the first game to give myself some room for error in the remaining fixtures and try again next season.. but the wins kept coming and I was punching the air with each goal :hehe: There's little that can match the satisfaction of scoring at crucial times, especially with promotion and relegation on the line!

I needed to win all 4 games to sneak promotion to Division 2 and managed to do just that, exactly as I had done a few seasons earlier :yay:

I'm not sure how the rankings work but that now has me as Rank 99 in the world league table.. and that's oddly satisfying :smile:

The aim is obviously to win the Division 1 trophy, which I never felt I'd achieve, but the closer I get and the margin of many of my victories leaves me feeling that I might just make it!

17 hours ago, nekunando said:

Hmm.. Certainly not every game but it has happened at a couple of critical moments in games that has left me very frustrated!

Speaking of frustration, I was feeling increasingly unfortunate last night online where games I more than deserved to win were being lost with some ludicrous and messy goals being conceded in addition to inexplicable misses at the other end. It seemed like everything was against me and I was left with 7 points from 6 games in Division 3 and staring at potential relegation for the first time :hmm:

The aim this morning was to win the first game to give myself some room for error in the remaining fixtures and try again next season.. but the wins kept coming and I was punching the air with each goal :hehe: There's little that can match the satisfaction of scoring at crucial times, especially with promotion and relegation on the line!

I needed to win all 4 games to sneak promotion to Division 2 and managed to do just that, exactly as I had done a few seasons earlier :yay:

I'm not sure how the rankings work but that now has me as Rank 99 in the world league table.. and that's oddly satisfying :smile:

The aim is obviously to win the Division 1 trophy, which I never felt I'd achieve, but the closer I get and the margin of many of my victories leaves me feeling that I might just make it!

What's your friend code? I know we can't play each other! The inexplicable defeats have always been an issue on ultimate team and they tend to come in runs. I think I only made Div 2 once on The PlayStation but a small part of me is hoping it might be easier on Switch due to the younger players. On PS4 UT was the only mode I played but on this version I'm trying everything so I'm only into my 3rd season. Luckily I packed a OTW card which I sold for £130k which has enabled me to have a strong squad.

48 minutes ago, Clownferret said:

What's your friend code? I know we can't play each other! The inexplicable defeats have always been an issue on ultimate team and they tend to come in runs. I think I only made Div 2 once on The PlayStation but a small part of me is hoping it might be easier on Switch due to the younger players. On PS4 UT was the only mode I played but on this version I'm trying everything so I'm only into my 3rd season. Luckily I packed a OTW card which I sold for £130k which has enabled me to have a strong squad.

I think you're already on my friend list but I'll check later :smile:

I'm playing regular Seasons rather than Ultimate Team but I'm into Division 2. I won my first 3 games, so that was a good start, but after putting it to sleep I decided to pick it up and play one more game before bed. Unfortunately, the other player's connection was awful and I couldn't deal with the stuttering mess so my 7 game winning streak came to an end :sad:

3 more wins out of 6 will secure promotion so hopefully I can do it after such a promising start!

On 17/10/2017 at 8:56 AM, nekunando said:

I think you're already on my friend list but I'll check later :smile:

I'm playing regular Seasons rather than Ultimate Team but I'm into Division 2. I won my first 3 games, so that was a good start, but after putting it to sleep I decided to pick it up and play one more game before bed. Unfortunately, the other player's connection was awful and I couldn't deal with the stuttering mess so my 7 game winning streak came to an end :sad:

3 more wins out of 6 will secure promotion so hopefully I can do it after such a promising start!

I've absolutely come crashing down after the high point of 3 wins from 3 in Division 2 by only winning 1 of my next 10 games, losing 9! It's been horrible :cry:

I put my losing streak to an end with a 3-1 win but that's only my first points of the season after 5 games so I need 9 more points from the next 5 just to stay up. I threw away a 2-0 lead in the previous game to lose 3-2 :blank: The tension has risen considerably and it feels a lot more than a game right now.. It's really stressing me out!

Perhaps I was particularly lucky with the matchmaking up until recently or maybe I'm really unlucky right now but I guess I'm not quite as decent as I was starting to believe..

I just reached the lofty heights of Division 1 :hehe: A change of formation and approach seems to have paid off!

As for the cup games at the weekend, it seems almost impossible to find a game in the Premier Cup against a similar level of team in your round. There's only around 500 people (worldwide..? ::shrug: ) that qualify by being in either Division 1 or 2 so to get matched up takes a massive amount of fortune :hmm: I managed to get a first round match and comfortably progressed but it doesn't seem like I'll be able to get any further due to a lack of players.. which is a shame :sad: