NEurope

So, I'm an extreme newbie to FIFA (last time was on the N64, FIFA '98 I think) and I've just bought the game.

So I've started FUT and I'm immediately overwhelmed with features and menu's. What should I do now?

The game chooses a random team, logo, selection and manager it seems? It's a lot of Argentinian players but what if I'd prefer a more Dutch oriented team for example? 

Any tips and tricks are welcome as I'm very confused at the moment :)

3 hours ago, markderoos said:

So, I'm an extreme newbie to FIFA (last time was on the N64, FIFA '98 I think) and I've just bought the game.

So I've started FUT and I'm immediately overwhelmed with features and menu's. What should I do now?

The game chooses a random team, logo, selection and manager it seems? It's a lot of Argentinian players but what if I'd prefer a more Dutch oriented team for example? 

Any tips and tricks are welcome as I'm very confused at the moment :)

To start play in offline mode and do the starter cup and bronze cup. That will earn you some loot and get you used to to the menus etc. Also do the the skill challenges and manager tasks. Come back after that for tips on the transfer market and squad building if you need it.

Good luck.

1 hour ago, Clownferret said:

To start play in offline mode and do the starter cup and bronze cup. That will earn you some loot and get you used to to the menus etc. Also do the the skill challenges and manager tasks. Come back after that for tips on the transfer market and squad building if you need it.

Good luck.

Great, thanks! Where can I find the offline mode with the starter and bronze cup? I find the menu's very unwelcoming to new players...

once you're in Ultimate Team it's the "single player" tab. The same tournaments are also available online but will obviously be against humans.

You can't really lose the starter cup and bronze cup in single player mode and will give you a better idea how UT works. I too found it very daunting the first time I played it.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, markderoos said:

Great, thanks! Where can I find the offline mode with the starter and bronze cup? I find the menu's very unwelcoming to new players...

also make sure you do the team of the week challenges, another great way to earn coins

• Thanks 1

Media Create sales figures for last week are out and FIFA sold 55,000 on PS4 to 12,000 on Switch. That seems pretty good to me to sell a fifth of what the PS4 version sold, definitely better than the initial sales for the UK. Will be interesting to see what next week's sales are like.

2 hours ago, killthenet said:

Media Create sales figures for last week are out and FIFA sold 55,000 on PS4 to 12,000 on Switch. That seems pretty good to me to sell a fifth of what the PS4 version sold, definitely better than the initial sales for the UK. Will be interesting to see what next week's sales are like.

Download sales will be interesting. Still 3rd in the Eshop chart.

2 hours ago, killthenet said:

And remember this is how bad FIFA 13 sold on Wii U

[WIU] FIFA 13 <SPT> (Electronic Arts) {2012.12.08} (¥7.300) - 1.510

I think the PS4 version of FIFA 15 did about 16,000 in first week.

its all about growing a new audience on the switch.

Edited by khilafah
Spelling

14 hours ago, killthenet said:

In terms of "market share" that must be at neck and neck with PS4 or better considering the ratio of console sales. Hopefully this will be the game that shows 3rd parties they can have success on Switch if they release a proper port.

15 hours ago, khilafah said:

And remember this is how bad FIFA 13 sold on Wii U

[WIU] FIFA 13 <SPT> (Electronic Arts) {2012.12.08} (¥7.300) - 1.510

I think the PS4 version of FIFA 15 did about 16,000 in first week.

its all about growing a new audience on the switch.

Exactly. This has to be treated as complete new audience. Things like FUT are totally new to switch players of fifa and it will take time to grow. 

Does not exactly fill me with confidence about them patching it, thought it was going to be more of an apologetic response!

Ah, the typical EA attitude. I don't know why we expected anything else.

Ive come back from my week away and found this waiting for me on the door map.

Looks like there are lots of things to try and do. I don't know where to start.

Anyway I had a quick game as Sheffield United against Wednesday. Won 1-0 with a screamer winning it at the 89 min:grin:

• Like 1

Tactical defending is the worst thing to ever happen to Fifa. Probably the worst thing to be implanted into any game I’ve ever played. And it’s an absolute abomination it makes you use it online. EA are the biggest cunts in the industry for many many reasons. This being the biggest. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, dazzybee said:

Tactical defending is the worst thing to ever happen to Fifa. Probably the worst thing to be implanted into any game I’ve ever played. And it’s an absolute abomination it makes you use it online. EA are the biggest cunts in the industry for many many reasons. This being the biggest. 

To be fair. Legacy defending is pretty much Garbage. From what i remember of playing FIFA before I gave up on the series. Legacy defending online was full of pressure spammers. Every time you got the ball you had 3 players like a cannonball all over you.

What EA should do is hard code semi-assisted controls at a bare minimum. Playing online against people who use full on assisted controls is unfair. 

Then trying to find games with people who use semi-assisted or Manual controls is like gold dust.

Edited by khilafah

In Player Career mode do people tend to just control their player or the whole team?

Shall I also start a Manager Career aswell? I was unsure which of the two to choose from at the start

Ive yet to try Ultimate Team.

It looks like things have moved on from Fifa 98.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, dazzybee said:

Have to agree....there has been one year where they got it working ok. On PS4 and Xbox this year it is horrendous...makes ultimate team a nightmare as they've noticably made star players over powered.

anyone managed to get the Mane for loan using the Squad Builder? I've got it to 81 rating, but just can't make the 82. Thinking buying Sturridge might just push me over the line. really liking the squad building tasks, although some of them are brutal.

Is this a new fad I've not heard about? Talking in quotes?

• Like 2

I just won a match 26-0 online.. :blank:

It was 0-0 at half time after complete domination and I thought it was going to be one of those games..

Salah scored early in the second half and when Henderson added another around 70 minutes, my opponent just gave up and kept kicking off straight back to his keeper to score OG after OG.

I'll take it :heh:

Just started Division 5 in Online Seasons with my most frustrating game yet..

I was 2-0 up and cruising, created several chances to go 3-0 up but all of a sudden it was 2-2. I had more chances towards the end of the game and was denied a clear penalty so it ended in a draw :sad:

Thankfully, I followed it up with a satisfying 4-2 win against Juventus.. though, at 3-2, I hit the woodwork 3 times and thought 'here we go again' :blank:

I can definitely feel an increase in the quality of opposition the further I progress.. which is to be expected! Satisfaction is increasing with each victory but I fear it becoming too difficult for me to compete :eek:

Edited by nekunando

For the first time last night I lost 2 successive games (however tight they may have been :cry:) leaving myself with 7 points from 6 games.

I was confident I'd avoid relegation when I returned this morning but I needed to win 3 of my 4 remaining games to earn promotion or all 4 to win the division.. which seemed unlikely!

Needless to say, I'm feeling highly satisfied with myself as I'm now up into Division 4 with the Division 5 trophy :grin:

The higher you go, the more joyous each goal and hard fought victory becomes :yay:

It's a little bit of a shame that I'm not seeing much activity from the rest of you at the moment!

I'm just getting going. I skipped Fifa 17 so the Squad Builder is new to me and I'm totally hooked. I've just done the Atletico vs Barca challenge and got some great stuff in the resulting pack. I've just won the title in my first division in UT and have played one game in seasons. Plus I'm half way through a FUT draft.