NEurope

Amazon not in stock till Oct 9th.

Amazon Germany no stock. 

Amazon Spain no stock till Oct 5th. 

I'd like to know EA's expectations and the attach rate.
And also what the reason for the low shipping quantities is/was. If it's sold out everywhere and still 1% of total sales, that's obviously a sign that EA severely underestimated demand.

It would give a good insight in its success, rest is guess work

Edited by markderoos

3 minutes ago, markderoos said:

I'd like to know EA's expectations and the attach rate.
And also what the reason for the low shipping quantities is/was. If it's sold out everywhere and still 1% of total sales, that's obviously a sign that EA severely underestimated demand.

It would give a good insight in its success, rest is guess work

Maybe EA's expectations were really low. The stock issues suggest so. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, liger05 said:

Maybe EA's expectations were really low. The stock issues suggest so. 

Exactly what I think has happened yes.
If that's the case It'll be interesting to see what EA will be doing with future support. 

If it's literally sold out that has to be a success for EA's own estimations, surely?!

I know it's not that simple but if they stocked according to what they thought they'd sell, and they've sold out...well done everyone, eh!?

1 hour ago, Sheikah said:

That's a bit of a meaningless statement though, as the vast majority of people who bought PS3s/360s aren't playing them or buying games for them anymore. Overall it is a very poor percentage for the Switch, and I can see why third parties don't always treat the Switch the same as the other consoles.

How is it poor?

If PS4 has sold 50 million and Switch has sold 5 million then if they sold like for like copies Switch would equal 10% of the market share. Factor in XB1 and the legacy consoles and 1% is probably where you would expect it to be. Sure not everybody still plays PS3 & 360 but there are the best part of 200 million of them out there. It only takes 10% of that install base to buy FIFA to blow Switch sales out of the water.

Market share is pointless unless the install bases are the same.

I didn't get to play any FIFA 18 yesterday so missed out on competing for the cup at the weekend. I must remember to give it a go this Saturday!

I did, however, play a couple of games in Seasons this morning with a comfortable 2-0 win against Man United and a very uncomfortable 7-1 victory over Barcelona.. a very strange game :eek:

For the first 10 minutes of that game, I was completely trapped in my half with Suarez and Messi ripping me to pieces, exposing my lack of defensive skills. I was 1-0 down from a great Messi strike after only 4 minutes and I was already feeling that it was going to be a heavy defeat. I couldn't even complete a successful pass in this opening section!

I managed to get an incisive attack together shortly afterwards and just like that I was level. A few minutes later, Mane scored a cracker into the top corner and things were looking surprisingly good. The second half was a case of picking my opponent off as he went all out to get back into it but his offensive players were continuously causing panic and it was far too easy to get past me. A few last ditch tackles saved me at times and thankfully I was ruthless on the counter attack.

What was possibly my hardest challenge online so far somehow turned into my largest victory and secured promotion to Division 8. I expect to claim the title after work as I only need 3 points from 6 games :hehe:

Despite this morning's success, I still don't feel entirely comfortable with the game and am not sure everything flows quite as smoothly as I would like.

• Like 1

How easy is it to find matches online? It was a real struggle on Wii U, would take a while to find someone and half the time it failed before the match even kicked off. I don't think I ever played a cup match because of it.

2 hours ago, Clownferret said:

How is it poor?

If PS4 has sold 50 million and Switch has sold 5 million then if they sold like for like copies Switch would equal 10% of the market share. Factor in XB1 and the legacy consoles and 1% is probably where you would expect it to be. Sure not everybody still plays PS3 & 360 but there are the best part of 200 million of them out there. It only takes 10% of that install base to buy FIFA to blow Switch sales out of the water.

Market share is pointless unless the install bases are the same.

Well the "poor" part was when you talked about the high number of PS3 and 360 systems out there to justify the low Switch sales, because install base of those last-gen consoles doesn't matter anymore (360 has 84 million units sold for instance, but only a miniscule fraction of FIFA 18 copies will have been on 360). It doesn't work that way.

A better justification of Switch sales would be short supply, which seems to be an issue here.

Well the "poor" part was when you talked about the high number of PS3 and 360 systems out there to justify the low Switch sales, because install base of those last-gen consoles doesn't matter anymore (360 has 84 million units sold for instance, but only a miniscule fraction of FIFA 18 copies will have been on 360). It doesn't work that way.

A better justification of Switch sales would be short supply, which seems to be an issue here.

*Looks at sales figures.

*TFW more copies of Fifa were sold on XB360 than Switch.

ecc09c90f7374cc83e1c96ea77e2fff0.jpg

• Haha 2

I suspect half the PS4s out there were bought by casual gamers who only got it to play the likes of FIFA and COD each and every year. I'm not surprised by the 1% in the slightest, especially with the 10-20x install base and the software shortages for the Switch version, which is likely EA being over-cautious.

*Looks at sales figures.  *TFW more copies of Fifa were sold on XB360 than Switch.

ecc09c90f7374cc83e1c96ea77e2fff0.jpg

It's not really surprising, you can't even send a message to a friend on Switch, let alone form a party outside a game. A fair chunk of people with a Switch probably have a second console, and if they're remotely into FIFA that's probably where they'll buy the game.

Of course, some people will still double dip or be Nintendo only.

Hmm.. Can't sell more than it already has if it isn't available to purchase anywhere ::shrug:

As for finding matches, @killthenet, I haven't had any problems in Seasons so far but my two attempts to find a cup match near midnight on Saturday failed.

In response to @Sheikah, if I had PS+ I'd probably have gone for the PS4 version (in fact, I'd likely just have stuck with FIFA 17 :heh:) but given that the Switch online is currently free and something I will almost certainly pay for next year, this version was a lot more appealing despite noticeable sacrifices.

Edited by nekunando

Game now out of Stock

Let's hope we don't see this kind of low shipment situation with other third party games.

DLJaXqbWkAA_GhI.jpg:large

Edited by liger05

27 minutes ago, Sheikah said:

It's not really surprising, you can't even send a message to a friend on Switch, let alone form a party outside a game. A fair chunk of people with a Switch probably have a second console, and if they're remotely into FIFA that's probably where they'll buy the game.

Of course, some people will still double dip or be Nintendo only.

Can't blame its sales on that.  People didn't know anything about that before it came out... Or the other missing features...

That being said, the supply issues are probably partly responsible.

The missing features certainly won't help with its legs though.

Can't blame its sales on that.  People didn't know anything about that before it came out... Or the other missing features...

That being said, the supply issues are probably partly responsible.

The missing features certainly won't help with its legs though.

The things I was just talking about are at the OS level, which people already knew about.

2 minutes ago, Sheikah said:

The things I was just talking about are at the OS level, which people already knew about.

Nobody expected it to have absolutely zero means of playing with friends online though.  Even the Wii U FIFA had that!

Either way, I don't think you can pin the blame on that lacking feature for its sales.

Edited by Dcubed

2 minutes ago, Sheikah said:

People do know the OS, but because every single other multiplayer game has online, even tiny indie teams; so it's a bit of a shock that Fifa doesn't have it... From the biggest publisher in the world. Because they didn't tell us, and didn't let anyone review it in advance who could've then prewarned people... but yeah. Nintendo's fault!

Nobody expected it to have absolutely zero means of playing with friends online though.  Even the Wii U FIFA had that!

Either way, I don't think you can pin the blame on that lacking feature for its sales.

You're right, in this case it's probably due to extreme stock shortages.

That said, if stock weren't a limit, I still think it would sell far less than on the other consoles and that would very much be due to the online and feature set versus the full fat versions.

I'm surprised it being a handoff Fifa isn't more appealing though... I think if it was a fully featured version, with friends with online, some actual marketing and letting publications properly properly review it; it'd do decent. So basically Fifa 19 if we were talking about any respectable publisher.

Who are we blaming for stock shortages, EA or Nintendo? 😝

Seriously though to sell out...I'd love to know how many copies they shipped and some sort of statement from EA clarifying whether this is good news as they've sold how many they projected...or if they've done a whoopsie.

43 minutes ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

Who are we blaming for stock shortages, EA or Nintendo? 😝

Seriously though to sell out...I'd love to know how many copies they shipped and some sort of statement from EA clarifying whether this is good news as they've sold how many they projected...or if they've done a whoopsie.

EA surely. Nintendo can't be responsible for EA's supply chain 

Well it's still available digital. If the demand is there, people still have access to it.

Just had a few crazy games online :bouncy:

Played against Dortmund and was comfortably 4-0 up then a defensive mistake after 80 minutes left me frustrated I hadn't kept a clean sheet.. and then another goal came seconds later and I was on edge for the remaining few minutes in case I threw it all away.. but it finished 4-2 :smile:

Next came Barcelona who were crushing me 3-0 within about 25 minutes.. I just couldn't handle them. I took Matip off for Sturridge, went all out attack and sneaked a goal before half time. I managed to get level in the second half but decided to keep going for the winner! Unfortunately, I was exposed in stoppage time and lost 4-3. Thrilling game, though :hehe:

Man City came next and once again I was slow out of the gate. 2-0 down within 29 minutes and no positive signs. A fightback in the second half meant the match ended 2-2 but my defense was in bits for the last 5 minutes. Absolute chaos, in true Liverpool fashion :grin:

The match that followed was more straightforward 2-0 up at half time versus Espanyol who were down to 10 following my second goal. After an early goal in the second half to make it 3-0, I just went for the kill. Matip and Lovren both made way throughout the half for Sturridge and Chamberlain while I once again went all out attack. I was disappointed when it only finished 8-0 :eek:

Great stuff!

• Like 1

I hate playing online because I detest tactical defending... I justdon’t know how to do it.... Legacyall the way!!