NEurope

1 minute ago, liger05 said:

It does indeed. EA can't be accused of not putting the work in on the Switch version. 

I still don't care for how they have treated this version in terms of getting the news out to the public. No demo, no screenshots on the eShop page and no reviews before launch screams like they want this to fail. From the hands on and early impressions the game is looking and playing great, yet EA look to want to keep the thing secret.

• Thanks 1

Yeah, I don't get the secrecy.  The port actually looks really good! (Especially when you consider that the resolution and frame rate is a match for the PS4/Xbone versions!)

7 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Yeah, I don't get the secrecy.  The port actually looks really good! (Especially when you consider that the resolution and frame rate is a match for the PS4/Xbone versions!)

It looks like it may have been under shipped, as well. I've read certain places aren't getting enough copies in and some have even sold out before release. It seriously is like they want this version to fail.

9 hours ago, liger05 said:

Looking at reviews it's the same old problems. Not enough indivuality. Players feeling the same, AI teams playing the same. 

I want to play against the CPU where playing west Brom you come up against a physical side who's direct but you play City and they press you high and keep the ball, play Liverpool and they play on they break with devastating pace. 

What I find with fifa is every team can just pass the ball like Barcelona and every player has a 1st touch like Messi. 

If you want to play against a variety of styles you need to go online. For me that's one of the best features of Ultimate Team. The first 5-10 minutes of the game feeling out your opponent, working out their style. Apart from when the game completely mugs you off, which sadly happens far too often, you generally know within the first 10 minutes if you're going to win or lose.

53 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

It looks like it may have been under shipped, as well. I've read certain places aren't getting enough copies in and some have even sold out before release. It seriously is like they want this version to fail.

Yeah Amazon were out of stock last week which I thought was strange. Amazon Germany also sold out. 

23 minutes ago, Clownferret said:

If you want to play against a variety of styles you need to go online. For me that's one of the best features of Ultimate Team. The first 5-10 minutes of the game feeling out your opponent, working out their style. Apart from when the game completely mugs you off, which sadly happens far too often, you generally know within the first 10 minutes if you're going to win or lose.

Games only last 12 minutes so yeah I think after 10 minutes you do know the outcome.

How does the game completely mug you off? Those rumours that EA have code in the game to pretty much decide which team will play best have in no way been confirmed.

I saw footage of a Premier League game between Arsenal and Tottenham this morning but none of the Premier League overlay or transitions was present. It's not a big deal, really, but is the Switch version missing this?

Perhaps it will come in an update, though, as I recall FIFA 17 requiring an update on PS4 when I played last Christmas!

Still no post today!

I meant 10 mins out of the 90 mins not real time.

I don't know the reasoning, but there is no doubt that you go on streaks (FIFA 16) Either relegated or promoted 3 seasons straight where you either can't win or lose.

When you're on a losing streak you'll hit the post 3-4 times, opposition keeper will have a 9.8+ rating (saves everything) and you'll lose 1-0 to the only shot against you in the game. In a one off match that's annoying, when it happens for three seasons, it's rage inducing. On the flip-side when you're on the winning streak you'll be 3-0 within 15 minutes and seem to score from anywhere. It's the only thing that ruins Ultimate team for me.

Anyway... anybody got their copy yet, first impressions??????

8 minutes ago, Clownferret said:

Impressions from Gaf.

- Runs really well. Seems to hold the framerate consistently. Seems like they half it for replays and close up cutscenes though. The loading times are incredibly faster. Even faster than on my PC. I can't even attempt one of the mini games the game is already done loading.

- It seems slightly faster than the other versions. Defending is slightly easier and so far I would say the keepers are actually better. I am so far less likely to score from far away for example. Overall I think I actually prefer the way this version plats. Oh the players also feel like they react quicker to the inputs. Similar to PES, which might be because the animation system from the other versions isn't here.

- I do miss the quick substitutions. That as been a great addition in the other versions.

- FUT is slightly gimped it seems. The big exclusion are definitely the Squad Battles. A real shame those aren't here. I also don't see daily challenges. Otherwise it seems like everything is intact.

9 minutes ago, Clownferret said:

I meant 10 mins out of the 90 mins not real time.

I don't know the reasoning, but there is no doubt that you go on streaks (FIFA 16) Either relegated or promoted 3 seasons straight where you either can't win or lose.

When you're on a losing streak you'll hit the post 3-4 times, opposition keeper will have a 9.8+ rating (saves everything) and you'll lose 1-0 to the only shot against you in the game. In a one off match that's annoying, when it happens for three seasons, it's rage inducing. On the flip-side when you're on the winning streak you'll be 3-0 within 15 minutes and seem to score from anywhere. It's the only thing that ruins Ultimate team for me.

No post for me this morning, sadly! I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow night..

I have to laugh at any comments mocking the graphics of the Switch version in comparison to what's on the other platforms.. but this was always going to be the case :indeed:

When I'm sitting in my living room playing on the TV or in the comfort of my bed in handheld mode, I'm not going to have someone sitting beside me playing a graphically superior version attempting to make me feel somehow inadequate :heh: It honestly looks great and about as good, or even better, than I would have expected!

Looking forward to having it in my hands tomorrow :hehe:

6 hours ago, nekunando said:

I have to laugh at any comments mocking the graphics of the Switch version in comparison to what's on the other platforms.. but this was always going to be the case :indeed:

When I'm sitting in my living room playing on the TV or in the comfort of my bed in handheld mode, I'm not going to have someone sitting beside me playing a graphically superior version attempting to make me feel somehow inadequate :heh: It honestly looks great and about as good, or even better, than I would have expected!

Looking forward to having it in my hands tomorrow :hehe:

It's so dumb. It never seems to occurs to these people that the Switch is the size of a small tablet

Edited by liger05

5 hours ago, khilafah said:

Can't invite friends to play online. That's a big problem

Just reading about this now. It appears that the game only allows for players to play against random people. Yikes! This is gonna disappoint a few lads on here.

Apparently NBA 2K18 has the same issue. You can play online just not with your friends.

11 minutes ago, bob said:

Is that all versions or just the Switch one?

Just switch of course. You only get this on Nintendo hardware.

Oh my fucking god... Why?! Nothing to do with Nintendo, you could play against friends on wii u. You can play against friends on Indies like Playgrounds and FAST. This is 100% EA being cunts like always.

Why do this?! What is wrong with them?

1 hour ago, Kav said:

How do Nintendo gimp online so much in this day & age! Hahahaha

Forgive me if I'm missing something, but is it Ninty's fault this time?

Plenty of third party games allow you to open a room solely for people on your friends list.

You need an invite system that’s linked to the OS, like the other consoles have.

Otherwise the developer has to go out of their way setting up an entirely new invite system.

I don’t blame EA, they don’t want to spend the further development costs.

5 minutes ago, Kav said:

You need an invite system that’s linked to the OS, like the other consoles have.

Otherwise the developer has to go out of their way setting up an entirely new invite system.

I don’t blame EA, they don’t want to spend the further development costs.

If it's in the budget for NBA Playgrounds, it has to be in the budget for FIFA! 

Although I agree the lack of OS level feature is ridiculous, being shown up by Indie and smaller developers does whiff of lazy EA.