NEurope

On 02/09/2017 at 0:02 PM, Hero-of-Time said:

Not at all. I dunno who's been saying it's at PS4 levels but they are clearly off their trolley. All reports/hands on from Gamescom have it pegged as a souped up PS3/360 game in terms of visuals. Hell, it's on a completely different engine. The game is running at 60fps on less powerful hardware, so it's hardly going have the same level of visuals as the One/PS4.

The video above looks more like the Xbox 360 than Xbox One graphics. Quite disappointing. I would LOVE to get this if I could transfer seasons data from Xbox to Switch and just carry on my season on each console as I see fit but I think that's incredibly unlikely unfortunately. 

As it stands I'll be buying it once on the Xbox so I can play online with friends who also will get it on the Xbox. 

WHo's getting this on the switch then? I can't wait for it, hope we can get a team going on it! If they allow it

I've had mine preorded for ages. I doubt I'll be playing it online, though. As I mentioned earlier, it doesn't look like Pro Clubs is in this version and even if it was the lack of voice chat would make the mode an absolute nightmare. 

I'll definitely be getting it but probably not until Xmas. Would be up for playing online with guys from here when I get it though. I played FIFA 13 on Wii U online to death despite how poor the connectivity was. 

• Like 1

I may get it later. I think I mentioned it before. I prefer arcade sports titles, I'd really love (and instantly buy) a new Mario Football game (which, since there wasn't one on WiiU, I actually kind of expect one for next year, or 2019). But.. A "normal" football game would make a decent addition to my multiplayer collection. I haven't played one in a long time though.. I'm pretty sure the last one was ISS 64.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I've had mine preorded for ages. I doubt I'll be playing it online, though. As I mentioned earlier, it doesn't look like Pro Clubs is in this version and even if it was the lack of voice chat would make the mode an absolute nightmare. 

Not even some friendly vs games?

hate the fact other games aren’t using this app. Every onmine game should use it!!

33 minutes ago, dazzybee said:

hate the fact other games aren’t using this app. Every onmine game should use it!!

At this rate, it might just be us going head to head :heh:

Unless the game is a complete disaster, I can see me putting an unhealthy amount of time into it!

Edited by nekunando

8 hours ago, dazzybee said:

Nah. No desire to play head to head. I never done it on the PS4 either.

Even if the game did use the app I still wouldn't use it. Locking me out of using my phone just to use voice chat isn't worth the trade off.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Day 1 for me. Think I'm on my 75th season on Fifa 16 Ultimate Team and that's just with evenings and weekends. The Switch will be coming to work with me so I'll be doing a season every  few days.

Genuinely concerned at how much money I'll be spending on Ultimate Team, especially in the early days when I have crap Bronze players. I already pretty much know the formation and players I want. EA should really give this game away for free for people who spend a certain amount on Ultimate Team.

I'm sure @dazzybee is in a similar position to me in that  he can play during the day. Looking forward to "dazzybee is online" notifications

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Charlie said:

Why do you need to spend any money on FUT? You can play the game just fine without it.

Because, while you and I have incredible willpower, opening boosters (of any kind) is like crack to some people, so it's simply a great business model from EA's perspective.

36 minutes ago, Clownferret said:

Is Switch getting the Fifa demo?

I doubt it.. but I wouldn't mind checking it out even though I'm pretty much certain to purchase the game anyway :grin:

We got a demo on Wii U for FIFA 13 so it's possible. When does it come out on other platforms?

Day 1 for me here. Will most likely get it on PS4 too for OMP. On the go, single player (and local MP) shall be awesome via the Switch - high hopes indeed. 

Would love to have OMP on the go but the Switch's shoddy Wifi puts an end to that. 

Switch is not getting the demo!

Even though EA are giving us a fully fledged FIFA they still find little ways of shafting us Nintendo owners.

I'm withholding judgement until the Nintendo Direct on Wednesday night, hopefully they're just holding the announcement of the demo back for that. 

Reviews for the PS4/One versions are starting to surface but there's nothing on the Switch version yet. I wonder if the review embargo is different?

Kat Bailey of US Gamer mentioned on Twitter that Switch review codes are not being given out until release day

That's a bit pants. All the other versions have been sent out and reviewed now. Hopefully EA holding back the reviews isn't because the game is rough. 

I've still got my preorder down and looking forward to some portable FIFA.

39 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

That's a bit pants. All the other versions have been sent out and reviewed now. Hopefully EA holding back the reviews isn't because the game is rough. 

I've still got my preorder down and looking forward to some portable FIFA.

I was just about to ask if anyone was worried about there not being any reviews or further impressions of the Switch version..?

I'm sure it'll be fine, and I'm certainly still getting it (as is my brother) but it would have been nice to at least get some detailed information.

That's a shame because although I do want this and imagine I will get it...was hoping to see some reviews just to make sure it isn't complete guff/NBA2K18 levels of muck.

Still, in EA we trust, eh?...

I played Fifa yesterday and saw it on a huge screen, looks and plays great. Better than expected and I can't wait!! Played it with just a joy con too, obviously not ideal and you lose access to some controls, but for what it was, it worked really well. Roll on next Sunday!!! Hope we can create a team, and looking forward to getting some head to heads too (@Hero-of-Time I think you should stop get on it, win or lose it's fun surely>!)

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, dazzybee said:

I played Fifa yesterday and saw it on a huge screen, looks and plays great. Better than expected and I can't wait!! Played it with just a joy con too, obviously not ideal and you lose access to some controls, but for what it was, it worked really well. Roll on next Sunday!!! Hope we can create a team, and looking forward to getting some head to heads too (@Hero-of-Time I think you should stop get on it, win or lose it's fun surely>!)

Great news I was starting to get a little bit concerned at the lack of reviews, but it's Fifa so I guess we pretty much know what we are getting. This is start of a great period for the Switch.