NEurope
Ronnie

Nintendo Spotlight: E3 2017

I'm pretty happy with these announcements.

Xenoblade 2 - Trailer was mediocre, but I'm getting it regardless.

Kirby & Yoshi - Fun looking platformers, I'm especially getting nostalgic for Kirby, but I'm likely to get both.

Pokémon - I'm not the biggest Pokémon fan, but after 20 years of playing my first and only Pokémon game I'm due for another ;).

Pokken tournement - I like fighters, and this one doesn't look bad, but I prefer other games. I'm crap at them anyway, so I think I'll skip this one.

Metroid 4 - I don't need to say anything about this.

Fire Emblem Warriors - I don't care for the Warrior games in general. If they implement enough strategy stuff, I might be swayed, but I don't think that's likely.

Rocket League - When I saw the football, I was hoping for Mario Football :(. Have no interest in this myself, but it's a good addition nonetheless. Love the crossplay.

Mario Odyssey - Looks absolutely fantastic.

Edited by Sméagol

Really?

I think they're tied with Ubisoft and Sony. All three had great conferences but nothing spectacular.

But that's just me.

For me, sure.

Ubisoft's, I agree, was great. I had few expectations and was blown away; I was a bit let down by the way Sony decided to handle their showing, and I think the pace was a bit off (seemed top-heavy leading with the massive newly announced titles to end with a demo of a game we saw last year).

Nintendo's I loved as, very simply, it revealed release dates and confirmed titles in development, and I have a desire to play more of those games than those shown off at PlayStation. And there are still more announcements to be made, from the sound of things.

Wow the pop-in is really bad on Fire Emblem Warriors. Actually seems more distracting that Hyrule Warriors. Is that just because it's been a while since I played it now though?

Not surprised one bit about Kirby. Kirby has consistently sold well on DS and then 3DS.

Great show Nintendo.

Multiplayer sizzle reel - Nice way to start the show, Rocket League is a great get for the Switch

Xenoblade 2 - Not a fan of the series, but impressed it's still down as coming 2017. They just revealed the box-art for it too. Another big single player game for the series fans to enjoy

Pokemon on Switch - Smart to mention it's coming after the backlash a couple of weeks ago. "a year away at least" I suspect means Q4 2018 when most other Pokemon games come out.

Zelda DLC - DLC pack 1 looks fine, I like how expansive the trials of the sword challenge is. Shame they didn't show much of pack 2, but the hype teaser gave me goosebumps. Playable Champions?

Mario + Rabbids - Pleasantly surprised. Also looks gorgeous. I'm in.

Yoshi - looked full of charm and nice visuals/gameplay. Will definitely pick this up.

Kirby - I'll probably get it but I felt this was the one mis-step of the show. Swap this out for a new Pilotwings or Animal Crossing and it would have been an incredible show.

Metroid Prime 4 - Huge hype moment but disappointing no footage. Surprising to learn it's a new team working on it.

Metroid Samus Returns - Definitely will make me pick up my 3DS again.

Fire Emblem Warriors - Another game in an already packed 2017, but looks and feels identical to Hyrule Warriors.

Mario Odyssey - Amazing. So creative and oozes fun and charm. The gameplay footage on IGN shortly after really showed off the gameplay much better than the trailer.

Retro's Game - ????????

A good mix of games coming out in the next few months (Xenoblade, Rabbids, Mario, FE Warriors), and a few teases for next year. Plus more importantly, REVEALS! Loads of them and more than I was expecting.

Also worth remembering we get Directs every 2-3 months so plenty more reveals in store I'm sure.

Waiting to get into the main booth

[tweet]874703482099425280[/tweet]

Edited by Ike
You can't resist, can you?

Nintendo should have put all these reveals in the Direct. I understand the focus is the Switch now but still, it would have been nice to see all these games.

Nintendo should have put all these reveals in the Direct. I understand the focus is the Switch now but still, it would have been nice to see all these games.

I've been saying this for a couple of years now. Keeping stuff for the Treehouse lessens the Direct/Spotlight and it's not as if their events are long either. Sony done the same yesterday with their pre-conference show. Just bung everything in one show, then I don't have to keep an eye out for the next couple of days and listen to Audrey harp on.

I'm not sure what's up with Audray but she looks and talks completely different to normal.

Has there been anything on VC or the online system, yet?

No, but please this week on VC, that'd be the perfect thing for the switch this year for a pretty much perfect first year on the market and fill the gaps in!!

How many amiibo have they showed today? 2 for Mario & Luigi, 4 for Zelda, 3 for Mario Odyssey, 2 for Fire Emblem, 2 for Metroid...it's getting a bit ridiculous now.

How many amiibo have they showed today? 2 for Mario & Luigi, 4 for Zelda, 3 for Mario Odyssey, 2 for Fire Emblem, 2 for Metroid...it's getting a bit ridiculous now.

It was getting ridiculous years ago!

You don't have to buy amiibos and as far as collectible figurines go they're well priced and nicely detailed.

They're better than those Pop figures that are everywhere these days.

Edited by V. Amoleo

No, but please this week on VC, that'd be the perfect thing for the switch this year for a pretty much perfect first year on the market and fill the gaps in!!

Well, I mean, still no news on this or Reggie's hint of Mother 3.

Imagine if they revealed Virtual Console at the end of E3 with Mother 3. Two birds one stone. Hoo boy.

You don't have to buy amiibos and as far as collectible figurines go they're well priced and nicely detailed.

They're better than those Pop figures that are everywhere these days.

If only it was that simple. :D

My mate has well over 100 of those POP figures. His house is full of them.

Just wanna say that I absolutely love Treehouse Live. Best thing they've done with E3 over the last decade for sure!

This E3 has been pretty freaking rad so far! Some great announcements and everything they've shown looks great (even Mario Rabbids looks good!)

Still, where the hell are Retro!? What the hell is going on with them!?

As much as I love Kirby and Yoshi, I've had my fill of them. Saying that, they aren't due until next year so it's not that bad.

Metroid 4 was a cheap tease. Show some footage at least.

Where the hell was Retro Studios? Are they making Metroid?

Still no solid date for Xenoblade 2 doesn't exactly fill me with confidence for a release this year.

No VC announcement.

Mario saved the show. Game looks absolutely amazing and that theme tune is outstanding.

Pretty disappointing show. No real surprises for this year and a pretty meh showing for next.

Pretty much this tbh. Also where was animal crossing :(

The Mario trailer my god I'm so happy with that!!!

It's currently being played on Nintendo tree house.

Yeah I'm not watching the Mario gameplay.

I have watched the gameplay of games I'm not interested in or if they didn't seem to show many spoilers.

Watching Fire Emblem Warriors confirmed for me this is not going to be the game that will make me go out and try a Warriors game. It's just not for me, no amount of FE fan service and awesome animations will change that.

Somehow Nintendo managed to have a better spotlight in 25 minutes than Microsoft and Sony managed in an hour each (imo).

This effectively quells the "Switch has no games" argument, as far as I'm concerned Rocket League, FIFA 18, Xenoblade 2, Mario Odyssey are all games that are going into my Switch game collection with Metroid Prime 4 coming later on. Also going to get the Metroid II remake, I did play the original on 3DS Virtual Console but given how different Zero Mission was from the original Metroid this game looks to be worth the look.

That was an amazing first day. Super Mario Odyssey looks (and sounds - especially that song!!) absolutely brilliant, Fire Emblem Warriors seems like a definite must-buy, the Splatoon 2 tournament was tons of fun... I'm even interested in Mario + Rabbids now! :heh:

And all the new amiibo... I need them... aaall of themmm...

I almost can't believe I finally kinda got my wish of a waifu amiibo! :love:

(And no I don't mean Wedding Dress Peach.)

I almost can't believe I finally kinda got my wish of a waifu amiibo! :love:

(And no I don't mean Wedding Dress Peach.)

The squishy Metroid??? :woops:

Just wanna say that I absolutely love Treehouse Live. Best thing they've done with E3 over the last decade for sure!

This E3 has been pretty freaking rad so far! Some great announcements and everything they've shown looks great (even Mario Rabbids looks good!)

Still, where the hell are Retro!? What the hell is going on with them!?

Agreed. This has been Nintendo's best E3 in so many years.

I'm hoping they showcase some indie stuff today or tomorrow. There are a lot of quality titles on the way and i'd like to see some release dates for them. *points at Stardew Valley*

That was a really good showing from Nintendo - 2017 is packed full of first party released and they teased some momentum for 2018 too.

I just want to see more on the system now - OS updates, voice chat app, VC etc.