NEurope
Ronnie

Nintendo Spotlight: E3 2017

Capcom can go fcuk themselves. No MH XX localisation.

I said last night this MH world announcement was a worry as Capcom may feel like they don't need another game in the West.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - not a fan of the series, but tempted to give this one a go.

Kirby - Slightly disappointed they're still making these "Wii U" type games, but hey, he has his fans.

Yoshi - Not my thing, but the graphics look amazing. Very imaginative.

Metroid Prime 4 - Brilliant! Got goosebumps as the Samus symbol formed.

Fire Emblem Warriors - Probably won't buy it, but it's piqued my interest for a true Fire Emblem on Switch.

Super Mario Odyssey - Nice and cheesy. Looks great, but I wonder if they've tried to fit in too many ideas...?

Overall, the assurance of Metroid Prime 4 made it for me. Could have done with an extra game (Kid Icarus, F-Zero or Animal Crossing), but it was a good show.

8.8 Great!

As much as I love Kirby and Yoshi, I've had my fill of them. Saying that, they aren't due until next year so it's not that bad.

Metroid 4 was a cheap tease. Show some footage at least.

Where the hell was Retro Studios? Are they making Metroid?

Still no solid date for Xenoblade 2 doesn't exactly fill me with confidence for a release this year.

No VC announcement.

Mario saved the show. Game looks absolutely amazing and that theme tune is outstanding.

Pretty disappointing show. No real surprises for this year and a pretty meh showing for next.

Completely agree with this. Seems that Metroid hasn't been in development for very long which is shocking considering Retro hasn't been doing much since Tropical Freeze (assuming that Retro are developing)

Where were the third parties?

Where were the other games that are in development. No VC?

Can't believe no VC news. Again like with the Wii U and 3DS it's a waiting game.

Where have Retro been? I think k losing all their core staff members and becoming a shell of their former selves is the answer to that one, I'd be more surprised if they are developing Prime 4.

Could have done with one big megaton announcement releasing this year but overall that was very solid, pushing itself as the local console of choice which is seeing a renaissance.

Odyssey looking great while I type this as well!

Where have Retro been? I think k losing all their core staff members and becoming a shell of their former selves is the answer to that one, I'd be more surprised if they are developing Prime 4.

Could have done with one big megaton announcement releasing this year but overall that was very solid, pushing itself as the local console of choice which is seeing a renaissance.

Odyssey looking great while I type this as well!

To be fair, their line-up this year is fucking packed

So, uh.

Congratulations to Nintendo for having the best show at E3 this year.

Also, to those saying [inserted desired Switch game/service here] hasn't been shown yet, we already know that they're going to be showing other games during the Treehouse, with more news and game reveals. Just be patient. Nintendo did the right thing and focused on their own IP primarily in the Spotlight.

Edited by Julius Caesar

So, uh.

Really?

I think they're tied with Ubisoft and Sony. All three had great conferences but nothing spectacular.

But that's just me.

Is metroid the retro game they have been working on for years?

I would of thought if so they would of had something to show.

Is metroid the retro game they have been working on for years?

I would of thought if so they would of had something to show.

I mentioned this in the other thread but apparently Prime 4 is being developed internally at Nintendo. Who knows what the hell Retro have been doing all this time.::shrug:

So, uh.

Also, to those saying [inserted desired Switch game/service here] hasn't been shown yet, we already know that they're going to be showing other games during the Treehouse, with more news and game reveals. Just be patient. Nintendo did the right thing and focused on their own IP primarily in the Spotlight.

You really think MH XX is gonna be show at the treehouse? It's worrying sign we had no announcement

So happy about side scrolling Metroid being announced. I've completely 180'd from my previous opinion of Nintendo's E3 2017.

Yes it's not sprite based, but that was never ever going to happen, and to moan about it would be just poking at something for the sake of it.

Mario looks amazing.

Xenoblade 2 looks good.

Great that Metroid Prime 4 was announced, totally deflated that it was just a "now being developed".

Don't like Rocket League but very good that it's cross-platform!

Everything else is just rehashing WiiU games... so pretty fooking awful really.

The lack of Waverace, F-Zero, 1080, Battalion Wars or any new IP is disgusting. Lazy going from Nintendo overall, very, very lazy!

Hopefully there are a couple more surprises to come but what we've got for the rest of 2017 is more than satisfactory :smile:

As for the Spotlight, the moment that got me the most was Xenoblade Chronicles 2.. completely unexpectedly :eek: I'm not hugely into JRPGs and I can't even be bothered to start into Xenoblade Chronicles X but the music in the trailer today evoked wonderful memories of the first game thanks to being so similar to my favourite track in that game :love:

It gave me goosebumps.. and I didn't even know I was interested in it!

Really?

I think they're tied with Ubisoft and Sony. All three had great conferences but nothing spectacular.

But that's just me.

Nintendo's was worst out of the lot for me.

Nintendo's was worst out of the lot for me.

Uh oh, beware of the backlash :p

Uh oh, beware of the backlash :p

Lol, that was why I added "for me".

I've just never liked Kirby games and haven't liked Yoshi since the SNES. I was looking forward to Xenoblade a bit but then that trailer put me off it. Metroid Prime 4 will hopefully be cool but who knows when we'll see that.

Mario looked good and definitely out there. I'm still not a massive 3D Mario guy though so while I'm sure I'll get it, I have no idea if I'll like it lol.

The Kirby and Yoshi announcements though did feel like "oh look, more of those two games".

Is there a schedule for the Treehouse stream? They show way too much of the games for me to be able to watch it without feeling like it's ruining the actual game for me.

Right, Reggie, you've given us the pay off with Metroid this year, as you hinted.

Now how about Mother 3?

Lol, that was why I added "for me".

I've just never liked Kirby games and haven't liked Yoshi since the SNES. I was looking forward to Xenoblade a bit but then that trailer put me off it. Metroid Prime 4 will hopefully be cool but who knows when we'll see that.

Mario looked good and definitely out there. I'm still not a massive 3D Mario guy though so while I'm sure I'll get it, I have no idea if I'll like it lol.

The Kirby and Yoshi announcements though did feel like "oh look, more of those two games".

The Kirby and Yoshi games looked like "well bugger me, people have actually bought the console, we actually have to make more games for it!"

Yoshi looked like Woolly World tagged onto some different levels, proper last minute job.

Prime 4 has Kensuke Tanabe as producer but an all new fresh internal team working on it says Bill Trinen. After Splatoon went so well can't wait to see what a young team with fresh ideas bring to the game!

Are they playing through the whole game during the stream?

Edit: Oh my god...more amiibo?

It's amazing Metroid prime is coming, but a little underwhelming reveal of it.... Better if they saved it for the very very end after Mario for me... Or at least a moment of gameplay/cinematic!

Mario looks like it could be the greatest game of all time, and I"m more than happy about what's coming, but it wasn't mega mega exciting.

And finally - those Zelda amiibo, those Mario amiibo - oh yes :D Now give me all ten Arms characters!!