NEurope
Ronnie

Nintendo Spotlight: E3 2017

I'm taking the Michael Pachter approach with you now, so my expectations are now raised. :D

fry.PNG?1307468855

Agree word for word. Have two series - one for the powerful and developed online consoles and one for the portable.

Based on the rumour, it's different though. It's one aimed at western audiences, with different combat etc., and there's the traditional one

We'll see in a few hours :p

I suggest lowered expectations. They said the focus is on games this year and there's not really much room for many megatons this year, even if they spread to next

I'll be surprised if they don't, at the very least, tease some games with a montage or something towards the end to show what's coming next year if the majority of the Spotlight beforehand if focused on this year's releases. I think it depends on the balance of first, second and third party games during Spotlight, as I think small first/second party stuff (like Snipperclips, for example) and third party support is going to be exhibited mainly during the first hour of Treehouse news.

We still haven't heard/seen anything from Square Enix yet, despite their being scheduled to appear today and tomorrow on the YT@3 stream with two different new games. I would assume that one is Project Octopath Traveller for the Switch, and seeing as they haven't turned up anywhere else, the other game might turn up on Switch too (keeping my fingers crossed for a remake of something, whether it be Final Fantasy VI or Chrono Trigger; this console is ripe for Square's RPGs).

News on Virtual Console and whatever that Switch update was (VC being prepped? Finally allowing more customisation?) would be a great help too, and I expect to see Nintendo close out this E3 with possibly 'Game of the Show' in Odyssey and one of the better, if not the best, briefings.

They're in a very good position right now, so I hope that they're attempt to capitalise on this can materialise so that we see more great exclusive third party ventures like Mario+Rabbids Kingdom Battle at next year's E3.

I'm likely going to not be able to watch this live. Does anyone have a working link I can save down now to view later without spoilers?

Thinking about it, I bet we've got at least 10 minutes of Mario Odyssey on this, leaving 15 for the rest...expectations lowering as per @Serebii advice...

Thinking about it, I bet we've got at least 10 minutes of Mario Odyssey on this, leaving 15 for the rest...expectations lowering as per @Serebii advice...

If we go by the beloved Digital Event 2014 pace, we'd be just starting Game 3 when it finishes :p

Dat METROID!!!

Aaaaaaand the 29th Fire Emblem game announced in 2017.

Nintendo getting in on those early announcements. Hope people complain here as well :P

Yoshi looks great.

Kirby I'm not interested in.

Metroid Prime 4 is obviously great but probably far faaaar away.

Odyssey looks bloody brilliant.

Good show. But nothing incredible.

Wow, just nothing I want to play other than Mario and Metroid Prime 4. That showcase was terrible for me. Leaves me feeling pretty crappy about my Switch.

Overall a good presentation.

But seriously, after four years, all Retro have to show is a logo and info that MP4 is "in development"?

And wow, that piss poor third party support. I was hoping it would pick up during the coming year, but apparently not...

This was great!! Mario looks awesome indeed, Metroid Prime 4 is a reality and, what did they mean by the pokemon comment? Will it change the gameplay??

Wow, just nothing I want to play other than Mario and Metroid Prime 4. That showcase was terrible for me. Leaves me feeling pretty crappy about my Switch.

I feel the same, there just wasn't much i'd want, or was waaaaay off

If we exclude the Metroid and Pokemon announcements, because they're probably years away, we didn't get much out of that for 2017.

We had a few of the precious minutes advertising DLC for Zelda. Which, unfortunately, didn't look that great anyway.

As much as I love Kirby and Yoshi, I've had my fill of them. Saying that, they aren't due until next year so it's not that bad.

Metroid 4 was a cheap tease. Show some footage at least.

Where the hell was Retro Studios? Are they making Metroid?

Still no solid date for Xenoblade 2 doesn't exactly fill me with confidence for a release this year.

No VC announcement.

Mario saved the show. Game looks absolutely amazing and that theme tune is outstanding.

Pretty disappointing show. No real surprises for this year and a pretty meh showing for next.