NEurope
Julius

Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon

4 minutes ago, Julius said:

Urgh, don’t get me started on Sylveon...I’m still miffed that we don’t yet have a Dragon-type Eeveelution, which we really should have got in Gen VI alongside Sylveon ::shrug:

Let's face it, Sylveon was only introduced because Gen 6 needed to introduce as many fairy types as possible to catch up with all the rest.

Just seen this on Era.

tHeFq3C.jpg

In Hong Kong, a new event has begun. This event gives various hat Pikachu and can be obtained on American, European and Japanese 3DS games including Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon. This runs from today until December 1st. The codes are as follows

Hoenn Cap - LETSGOPIKACHU06
Sinnoh Cap - LETSGOPIKACHU09
Unova Cap - 13LETSGOPIKACHU
Kalos Cap - LETS17GOPIKACHU
Alola Cap - LETSGO19PIKACHU

Good for those who missed out last time.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Around 1999?

250px-196Espeon.png

Aw man, you made me look more stupid than Sylveon!

Edited by markderoos
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Just seen this on Era.

Good for those who missed out last time.

Worked. Thanks.

Umbreon is best Eeveelution, design wise.

I put a little more time into the game this morning and have completed a few more trials. Some of the battles have offered a more challenging experience that I'm used to. Due to the Eevee's low defense stats I'm finding I'm having to try and end battles quickly which isn't easy as their attack stats aren't exactly high either. Still, it's nothing a little level grinding can't take care of. :D 

• Like 1

After putting some more time into the game this week I finally seen this credits roll this afternoon.

Spoiler

D6TBXwGW0AAN5mX.jpg

D6TBt2vWkAEM8h6.jpg

My final team levels were...

D6TBtqhW0AE7oB1.jpgD6TBZu2XsAAKjVA.jpgD6TBZvFW4AETBuy.jpgD6TBZu7XkAA7jgh.jpgD6TBtz7WsAozM-i.jpgD6TBtuoW4AAAIXm.jpg

I was listening to the Days Gone spoiler cast over on Sacred Symbols ( stay with me it is relevant ) and the guys on there were saying how the game constantly gets in the way of itself and the players. I think this is one of those games. The amount of stopping and starting, cutscenes and hand holding that goes on in Ultra Moon is ridiculous. With this being a sort or retelling of the original game I thought they may have fixed some of these issues from the base game but sadly that wasn't the case. The game would be much better if it just left the player alone to do their own thing but it's constantly hindering your progress. 

Yeah, characters in the game make me want to put my fist through the 3DS screen and punch them in the face, and the story is still pretty meh, but I did get some enjoyment out of the game. This is the first time i've played a Pokemon game where I limited myself to certain set of Pokemon. Only using 6 of the Eevee evolutions did provide a bit of challenge. Even when they were higher levels than my opponents Pokemon they still couldn't really take many hits, especially if the enemy powered themselves up. Sadly, I didn't make it all the way through the game without swapping another Pokemon into my team.

When it came to fighting Ultra Necromza I just couldn't defeat it. The thing was a lot higher level than any other enemy I had come across, it had a stat boost at the start of the fight and it's speed was higher than all of my team which meant it always went first and one shotted every single one of my Pokemon. I tried a few times to beat it but the result was the same. I was going to try and grind my levels a lot higher but there's no real decent place to do so until after you finish the game and with the Eevee evolution stats being so low, I honestly don't think it would have made much of a difference.

I took to Google and had a look if others had being having trouble with the beastie and sure enough it did appear that this was a sticking point for a lot of players, especially those who were limiting themselves to using certain Pokemon. Luckily, I read about the Mimikyu strategy and I set out to catch one of those. It only took a few minutes for one to pop up ( must have been lucky as the spawn rate is apparently only 5% ) and I caught it and gave it the move it needed (Toxic). This setup allowed me to take down Necromza straight away without doing anything other than using Toxic and then just waiting the battle out. Win. :D  After that I swapped Mimikyu out again and continued with my Eevee team.

The Elite 4 and champion battles weren't that difficult. I had a healthy amount of cash to blow on various healing items and revives and even through my Eevee team wasn't that strong, playing the types/weakness game allowed me to get the victory and see the credits.

I'm still not a huge fan of both Sun/Moon and Ultra Sun/Moon. It's taken me a fair few months of playing on and off again to actually get through the game purely because for the most part I found the game pretty boring and tedious. I played through both Pokemon Black and Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu last year and both of these game were far better, more streamlined and really held my attention. Both were far more enjoyable adventures than what was on offer with both this game and the base game. I want to believe that Game Freak will sort out some of the issues I have with the newer games in Sword and Shield but I really don't see it happening. Still, i'm a sucker and will be buying them anyway but it doesn't stop me from hoping that certain things will be changed in the next entries.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1