NEurope
Julius

Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon

This thingy reminds me of Platinum’s Distortion World, which was a pretty cool addition to Gen 4.

From what I gather, these areas were implied or referenced in the original S/M but were never actually accessible right?

3 hours ago, Serebii said:

We have reason to be hyped now. Where are you all?

Playing SNES Mini and 8-player Smash.

I mean, it's nice they're pulling a Distortion World, but me? I want more Battle Facilities. I like playing Battle Tower, but when you expect it to be the only thing available, it's hard to get excited. The new Ultra Beasts are ranging from OK to eh. Adhesive doesn't really feel strange, alien and weird like the other Ultra Beasts. Feels like a normal Pokemon, which is kinda missing the point of UB's to begin with.

None of them are as great as Buzzwole though.

I'd also be more excited if we got some more non Gen 1 Alolan Pokemon.

1 hour ago, Dcubed said:

This thingy reminds me of Platinum’s Distortion World, which was a pretty cool addition to Gen 4.

From what I gather, these areas were implied or referenced in the original S/M but were never actually accessible right?

They were implied, yeah

4 minutes ago, Serebii said:

They were implied, yeah

Such an incredible, blatant tease. All that build up, and it ended up as just a corridor with a trainer fight at the end. It was FF13, basically.

One of the many disappointments I had with S/M.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Such an incredible, blatant tease. All that build up, and it ended up as just a corridor with a trainer fight at the end.

One of the many disappointments I had with S/M.

Now we have bigger and more corridors in Ultra Space :)

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, markderoos said:

@Serebii what are you most hyped about?

I've Ultra Moon on preorder but not fully hyped yet.

The changes to the story are really big, more than any enhanced version yet

New Trailer.

Why do they keep buffing legendaries when there are plenty of weaker Pokemon that could use the help?

Mega Kecleon should have been a thing in ORAS and I will forever be upset about that.

Still, there's this...

p09_04_EN.jpg

O-Powers (That awesome feature Gen 6 nicked from Gen 5) seem to be back. Which is great, because grinding to Lv 100 in S/M is excruciating! I should know, I trained well over 70 Pokemon in that game from Lv 1.

33 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

That was...extremely cinematic, to say the least. 

I'm still on the fence and will probably be playing Battlefront II the week that this drops, but I might end up getting it. 

The way that I've interpreted it so far is that the main story will be slightly altered and not too different to that of SM, but then this game will follow through with some great post-game content. I hope.

Just need a trailer like that great SM one we got last year at this point to get me over the fence.

There have been some details in Famitsu recently that might shed some light on the the differences from SM:

Junichi Masuda in in charge of fully supervising the game.

Game Freak was greatly relieved to learn that Z-Moves were well-received by fans.

For Sun & Moon, Game Freak worked on balancing bosses by making them beatable if players use proper strategies or suffer if they go in recklessly.

After completing work on Sun & Moon, the staff felt that there was still more they could do in the Alola region.

The reason they’re releasing Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon is to offer players some variety before the current image they get stuck with the same image of Alola.

The story isn’t a “sequel.” It’s a “story that has a little divergence” from Sun and Moon.

Characters from the “Ultra Expedition Team” make an appearance, and that’s where the story changes. They appear at the opening of the game, so you’ll be able to start the game with excitement.

On top of a different main story from Sun & Moon, there’s an additional new episode after entering the Hall of Fame. Game Freak teases that those who are looking at it as what Platinum was to Diamond and Pearl, can expect an even more ultra huge change coming.

The Ultra Expedition Team arrived from another world through an Ultra Wormhole. A new element is being prepared that will have the protagonist and company dive into the Ultra Wormhole and visit all kinds of different worlds.

Pokémon will be much easier to collect and train compared to Sun and Moon.

Using the “Ultra Warp Ride” to travel to other worlds, you’ll even get to visit a world with Legendary Pokémon. For example, you can meet and catch Mewtwo. That’s all Game Freak has to say about that for now and they’ll leave it to your imagination whether we’ll get to meet other Legendary Pokémon.

If we put it simply as far as story volume goes, the addition of Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon should about double the current story volume for the Sun & Moon generation.

Source: http://nintendoeverything.com/new-pokemon-ultra-sunultra-moon-details-postgame-episode-visit-a-world-with-legendary-pokemon-more/ 

Edited by MindFreak
  • Like 1

Are they really gonna do the whole "Catch almost every legendary Pokemon" thing that ORAS did again? Huh... As long as it's more interesting than just "Fly to random spot" Some actual caves, etc.

On 10/17/2017 at 5:44 PM, MindFreak said:

Game Freak teases that those who are looking at it as what Platinum was to Diamond and Pearl, can expect an even more ultra huge change coming.

That Ultra huge change is going to be no Battle Frontier, isn't it?

On 10/17/2017 at 5:44 PM, MindFreak said:

If we put it simply as far as story volume goes, the addition of Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon should about double the current story volume for the Sun & Moon generation.

XAxaV.gif

Yeah, I'm calling bull on that. No way in hell is the Post-Game gonna be that substantial, not even Black 2/White 2's post game is that long.

• Haha 1

Nicked from @Serebii's post on Gaf.

So this cropped up earlier. The back of the USUM download cards in Japan showcase Team Rocket with a rainbow background and a building with Team Rocket's logo, but coloured as a Rainbow

DM5EgWQWkAEtHkR.jpg

DM5EgXrWsAASIbD.jpg

More Gen 1 goodness, @Glen-i. :D 

GROAN!

We already have a new bunch of villains, why we gotta go and dredge up the second lamest villains in the series?

It's really sad that I have to rely on Mystery Dungeon to get some damn generation variety from Pokemon. Save us, ChunSoft!

I've just preordered Ultra Moon. I hope there are enoigj changes or advancements to be worthwhile!

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Dat music. :heart:

By bringing back all of the evil team leaders, this feels as close a conclusion as we can get for the last 21 years of core series Pokémon being exclusively on handheld before it makes the move to Switch in a year or two.

Probably won’t be picking this up for a while now because there’s just too much going on with gaming and other things in the lead up to Christmas, but I hope that I can jump in by Easter at the latest and give the franchise one last whirl on a purely handheld console before, I hope, we see some slightly major and minor changes when it comes to Switch when the time comes. 

Can’t wait to see what they do with the evil team leaders’ music too, if anything; I loved what the SM OST did with some of the older themes which were reintroduced in the game. Kind of hoping that they go orchestral when they make the Switch....

Edited by Julius Caesar

4 hours ago, Julius Caesar said:

By bringing back all of the evil team leaders, this feels as close a conclusion as we can get for the last 21 years of core series Pokémon being exclusively on handheld before it makes the move to Switch in a year or two.

Can't say I agree. Black 2/White 2 did this with the PWT. Which had all the Gym Leaders and Champions available to battle.

4 hours ago, Julius Caesar said:

Can’t wait to see what they do with the evil team leaders’ music too, if anything; I loved what the SM OST did with some of the older themes which were reintroduced in the game. Kind of hoping that they go orchestral when they make the Switch....

Eh? They reused pretty much all of the tracks though? The only one that got remixed was Red's Theme from G/S.

All that said, we've got another Battle facility! It's about damn time. Battle Factory makes a wonderful comeback and I could not be happier.

Now if Team Rainbow Rocket is another one, (Hard to tell at this point) then we've got half an actual Battle Frontier! It's progress.

And kudos for Game Freak realising, "Hey, we've had quite a handful of villains throughout all the games,, we should capitalise on that"

• Thanks 1