NEurope
Julius

Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon

14 hours ago, Ike said:

I thought it was a bold move when Ash lost the Kanto league, I think they would have written themselves in a corner if he had won since they obviously intended for him to goto Johto early on. Normally in anime/similar cartoons the hero tends to win.

However he should have won in XYZ, especially since they intended to reboot the series.

Anyway, I like Dusk Lycanroc's design, hope its stats are better. :p

I was hoping that, since there was no league in Alola, they would have had Ash win the league and go to Alola to help set up a league there, exploring Alola and doing the Trials to prove to the locals that he had what it takes.

Love the concept of Dusk Form alot however the design is not that great tbh.  I kinda want it to be more like halfway transforms into Midnight (Werewolf) from Midday (wolf) rather than re-use the Midday design and slapped midnight mane on it! 

Small detail on Dusk Lycanroc.

Seems that any old Rockruff won't evolve into it. You have to use a special distributed Rockruff. You'll be able to get that in US/UM from November to January. Sorta like Lame-Greninja, so don't expect to be able to breed it and get more of them.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1

Well, it's got Accelerock, which means it's got a chance not to be an utter piece of crap. Poor Midnight Form. It deserved better.

Edited by Glen-i

Website got updated as well with the following:

Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon have been powered up with new additions to the story and features of Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon! These titles are coming to the Nintendo 3DS family of systems on November 17, 2017.

Just as was true for 2016’s Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon, these titles will also allow players to enjoy playing in one of nine languages: English, Japanese, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Korean, Simplified Chinese, and Traditional Chinese.

Ominous dark clouds are spreading in the sky above the Alola region, the setting of Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon. New buildings and landscapes appear that were not previously seen in Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon.

Necrozma’s New Tale

In Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon, a story unfolds on a grand scale, with the Legendary Pokémon Solgaleo, Lunala, and Necrozma at its center. Secrets about Necrozma and the Alola region—undisclosed in the previous games—will come to light.

New Look for a New Adventure

The look of the main characters’ outfits has changed from the first trip through the Alola region—just in time for them to begin a new adventure! Choose the Pokémon that will become your partner, and set out on a journey through the world of Alola!

New Features

New Z-Moves!

In Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon, the main character wears a Z-Ring in order to use Z-Moves. In Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon, the main character will put on a Z-Power Ring, which can use even more varieties of Z-Moves than the Z-Ring! And the games also feature new Z-Moves for certain Pokémon!

What’s a Z-Move?

Z-Moves are moves of tremendous power—so powerful that they can only be used once per battle. When a Trainer and their Pokémon combine the force of their wills, the full strength of their effort bursts forth in an epic Z-Move! All Pokémon can use Z-Moves. To use a Z-Move, you must have two key items: a Z-Power Ring and a Z-Crystal.

So basically a "new" story and some more Z-moves. I surely hope they bring more new to the table than this.

I think I'll just wait for Pokémon Switch instead.

Hmmm... That sounds more Pokemon Crystal, less Pokemon Black 2/White 2. Which is a bit of a shame, considering the open-ended ending. They could still elaborate on what happens after but...

Yeah, this sounds more like a 3rd version and less of a sequel like B2/W2.  I reckon I may have been right to skip out on S/M after all :)

Looks like a trip to the Kanto region could be on the cards. Gaf, NintendoLife and a host of others have pointed out that in the recent trailer you can see what looks to be Lt. Surge's gym.

original.jpg

original.jpg

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Looks like a trip to the Kanto region could be on the cards. Gaf, NintendoLife and a host of others have pointed out that in the recent trailer you can see what looks to be Lt. Surge's gym.

original.jpg

original.jpg

This would pique my interest...

3 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

original.jpg

original.jpg

If this does turn out to be the case - and judging by the images it very well could be, though I've yet to watch the trailer myself (due to sketchy connections whilst on holiday) - then I could certainly foresee many fans, potentially myself included, being upset with TPCI on this occasion.

Not only is the story of SM being somewhat retconned with what seems to be an alternative story (outlined in the descriptions and the earlier trailer) in USUM, as opposed to a much more anticipated potential sequel, it could potentially be taking us back to Kanto (and with an alternative story, it's possibly that Lillie doesn't even leave for Kanto in the end), a move which would have made much more sense in SM which were celebrating the 20th Anniversary of the franchise, perhaps especially so considering the circumstances presented at the end of the games, and it's a move which could be seen as a cash grab by many.

This is something I've personally been screaming for since we found out about Sun and Moon last February - in my opinion, as I mentioned before, it made a lot of sense to revisit the region given it was an anniversary year for the franchise, and the Gen I rereleases, I argued, only played into a potential return, making us familiar once again with the region in its classic form before a potential return some 10+ in-universe years later - and something I know that many more seasoned fans than myself have argued against the logic of, considering the limitations of the 3DS (and perhaps this makes even less sense considering some performance issues with SM).

The truth is, this potential news has totally got me back on board, but it annoys and confuses me to no end that, if a return to Kanto is indeed in the cards, this will be the only real "pull" for me to play USUM. An alternative to the subjectively great story and characters of the objectively well-critiqued SM didn't grab my interest at all, to the point where I was planning on skipping these games entirely, but now that a return to Kanto could be on the cards?

It will be interesting to see how much more Kanto we potentially see in marketing for the games leading up to November, but I feel this potential news would have landed much better had these games been sequels.

Edited by Julius Caesar
  • Like 2

On 10/08/2017 at 5:11 PM, Glen-i said:

Small detail on Dusk Lycanroc.

Seems that any old Rockruff won't evolve into it. You have to use a special distributed Rockruff. You'll be able to get that in US/UM from November to January. Sorta like Lame-Greninja, so don't expect to be able to breed it and get more of them.

Oh, well there goes my interest. Not that I really planned on using one.

I actually don't get why so many fans want to return to Kanto, it's been done before. Or maybe I'm just turning in @Glen-i:heh:

Not that I wouldn't be interested in seeing an updated Kanto, especially if it means new Gen 1 music remixes.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Ike said:

Oh, well there goes my interest. Not that I really planned on using one.

I actually don't get why so many fans want to return to Kanto, it's been done before. Or maybe I'm just turning in @Glen-i:heh:

Not that I wouldn't be interested in seeing an updated Kanto, especially if it means new Gen 1 music remixes.

Going back to Kanto would be such a lame surprise. You're right, it's been done before. The fact that it's possible to go to Kanto on 4 seperate games is bordering on a bit much. Doesn't help that Kanto is one of the more dull regions in both aesthetic and content.

You want a real surprise? You bust out Sinnoh or Unova. You want to blindside fans. You have a return to Orre. No-one would see that coming. Or just bring back Battle Frontier. Make the post-game meaningful again.

If we're in for a 5th trip to Kanto, I'm at risk of going blind from too much eye rollage.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Mandalore said:

I never played Sun or Moon, am I missing out if I skip them and play the new ones?

Probably not. These seem like traditional "Third Version" games. Same basic plot and setting with a few extra scenes and modifications to the story. You might have to trade with some people with Sun and Moon to get certain Pokemon though. But that's about it.

• Like 1

So how big do you guys think chances are that Marshadow will be an US&UM exclusive?

It's been awfully quiet on that front... Or was he going to be released alongside a new Pokemon movie?

2 hours ago, markderoos said:

So how big do you guys think chances are that Marshadow will be an US&UM exclusive?

It's been awfully quiet on that front... Or was he going to be released alongside a new Pokemon movie?

It's out in Japan so nope

• Like 1

23 hours ago, markderoos said:

It's being distributed in October in the US via GameStop for Sun and Moon. I imagine we will also get it around the same time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

It's being distributed in October in the US via GameStop for Sun and Moon. I imagine we will also get it around the same time.

Yep, just listed as "participating retailers". To me that sounds like Smyths :/

From the Direct last week featuring the new UBs (not too keen on their designs to be honest with you guys):

The following image of USUM's Alola came a few weeks beforehand and, so someone who's into the lore moreso than the competitive side of battling, it was especially intriguing to see what looks like a familiar formation of dark/purple clouds...

Alola in USUM

PokC_mon_Ultra_Sun_Ultra_Moon_Map.jpg

You know, like the ones we saw in DPPt and ORAS when Dialga, Palkia and Giratina showed up?

Sinnoh in Platinum

Sinnoh-from-above-sinnoh-starters-and-evHoenn in ORAS

Pok%C3%A9mon-Omega-Ruby-Alpha-Sapphire-H

And, finally, a special poster was revealed earlier today. Including what you might ask?

DJ-6hBPXkAAUr4L?format=jpg

First things first: it's a great looking poster. Not too sure how I feel about NPCs having virtually the same outfit designs as SM, but alas, it won't make or break the game.

However, what about those shadowy figures obscuring our view of that familiar looking cloud?

Upon first viewing, and a lot of zooming in, the one on the left seems to share a lot of similarities with some Pokémon, in the way that it's torso generally falls and it having a pretty weird arm and all. But the left one? Yep...that definitely looks like a person, who's body is facing the left side of the image, and seemingly has their arms crossed and is seemingly wearing a backpack of sorts. Zooming into the facial area shrouded in cloud reveal two faniliar Sugimori-styled eyes. Another look at the left one and that arm still looks dodgy, but a male face seems evident, as well as what looks to be some sort of eyewear, pretty short hair, and what seems to be a beard. Mechanic parts are seemingly evident down the sides of his torso.

But, okay, who is it? 

Well...Lysandre did have a bit of an accident at the end of XY, so that could explain the extremely strange and seemingly cyborg-like design. However, could it also be Cyrus returning from the Distortion World? Well...it's possible.

The general aesthetic down the side of the right figure's torso looks extremely familiar to the aesthetic found on many of Team Galactic's costumes, as shown here:

250px-Diamond_Pearl_Team_Galactic_Grunts

But, likewise, the studs on the "female"'s elbows and the buttons on the "male"'s chest area look similar to those found on Aether's costumes:

782e04564586a72c61d6df9c4a4790f8a6762b12

Whatever is going on...colour me intrigued. I'm absolutely ready to dive into this based on the possibilities this poster boasts alone!