NEurope
Julius

Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon

13 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Yup. Will make up for us inevitably getting it a week later, I suppose.

They've already confirmed it's a worldwide release of November 17th :p though, with this being a worldwide release (at least in major territories), I think we might have seen our last Pokémon main series non-worldwide launch last year with Sun and Moon, what with the Switch being region free and all.

5 minutes ago, Julius Caesar said:

They've already confirmed it's a worldwide release of November 17th :p though, with this being a worldwide release (at least in major territories), I think we might have seen our last Pokémon main series non-worldwide launch last year with Sun and Moon, what with the Switch being region free and all.

That's what they said about Sun and Moon...

And OR/AS

And X/Y

I'll believe it when I see it.

Edited by Glen-i

11 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

And X/Y

I'll believe it when I see it.

Uh...XY were released simultaneously worldwide (October 12th 2013). So do you believe it yet? :p 

As for SM and ORAS, I don't recall them saying 'worldwide release' at any point in the build-up; I'm pretty sure we just got a time period (Holiday 2016 for SM, for instance) given in a few trailers before we found out that it wouldn't be a simultaneous worldwide release. 

It still confuses me greatly, though, as to why we got a week/few days delay for ORAS and SM here in Europe, and it's worrying that I don't recall them coming out to attempt to clear that up with fans (and some chains/sole traders breaking street date and localisation isn't a sufficient excuse, in my opinion).

Edited by Julius Caesar

6 minutes ago, Julius Caesar said:

Uh...XY were released simultaneously worldwide (October 12th 2013). So do you believe it yet? :p 

As for SM and ORAS, I don't recall them saying 'worldwide release' at any point in the build-up; I'm pretty sure we just got a time period (Holiday 2016 for SM, for instance) given in a few trailers before we found out that it wouldn't be a simultaneous worldwide release. 

It still confuses me greatly, though, as to why we got a week/few days delay for ORAS and SM here in Europe, and it's worrying that I don't recall them coming out to attempt to clear that up with fans.

Guess I misremembered about X/Y.

Oh wait, the European release started this whole mess in the first place. You see, a lot of retailers (Italy being the most notorious) sold X/Y quite a while before the release date. Since then, Europe has been getting punished for it. It was quite a big thing.

Guess it was their way of countering early release leakage.

Edited by Glen-i

Now I'm not sure which to get to go with the Sun Moon steelbooks that I have, if I even get chance to get any considering how limited stock has been for Nintendo things recently.

4 minutes ago, V. Amoleo said:

Now I'm not sure which to get to go with the Sun Moon steelbooks that I have, if I even get chance to get any considering how limited stock has been for Nintendo things recently.

My general rule of thumb is go for the cover Pokemon you like better. So Solgaleo for me.

9 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Guess I misremembered about X/Y.

Oh wait, the European release started this whole mess in the first place. You see, a lot of retailers (Italy being the most notorious) sold X/Y quite a while before the release date. Since then, Europe has been getting punished for it. It was quite a big thing.

Guess it was their way of countering early release leakage.

I dont think that's a sufficient excuse, given that it was in Italy, Spain and also Canada that the street date for XY was broken by roughly the same period of time (1-2 weeks before launch). Where's that NA delay?

I don't know, i struggle to buy into that personally, but there's also not much else that could have caused the delay over here; it's just barmy to me that we have to sit and guess in the first place, given how much Pokémon is dependent on nostalgia (and therefore it's fanbase), and especially seeing as, if the delay is due to the street date being broken here, the delay would seem unfair and unjust seeing as it was broken elsewhere too, and millions of fans would be punished not even for the actions of other fans, but of retailers.

29 minutes ago, Serebii said:

It's times like these when I wish I was an unplugged vending machine in the middle of a park.

Edited by Julius Caesar
Context
  • Like 1

Editions up at GAME now.

Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon Dual Edition £90

Pokemon Ultra Sun Fan Edition £50 (@Glen-i)

Pokemon Ultra Moon Fan Edition £50

Pricey but they don't seem to be exclusive to GAME so we can hope they'll be available cheaper elsewhere.

Just going to take this opportunity to remind you that the games by themselves are available at Base for £32 each.

Pokemon Ultra Sun £32

Pokemon Ultra Moon £32

Edited by V. Amoleo
  • Like 1

Yeah, the steelbook ain't worth the extra 18 quid for me. Like I said before, it's not as nice as the OR one.

A new form for Lycanroc was announced, Dusk Lycanroc.

duskform1.jpg

That angle makes it look like a palette swap...

dusk-form-lycanroc-anime-screenshot.jpg

It was revealed prior to Ash getting one in the Japanese anime next week. So just like Ash Greninja, that makes this form automatically the worst one.

Remember kids, Ash's Pokemon are never cool.

Seriously though, it's meant to be a kind of middle ground between the two, but I think it looks way more like Midday Form than Midnight Form. I prefer Midnight still, awful stats and all.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

A new form for Lycanroc was announced, Dusk Lycanroc.

duskform1.jpg

That angle makes it look like a palette swap...

dusk-form-lycanroc-anime-screenshot.jpg

It was revealed prior to Ash getting one in the Japanese anime next week. So just like Ash Greninja, that makes this form automatically the worst one.

Remember kids, Ash's Pokemon are never cool.

Seriously though, it's meant to be a kind of middle ground between the two, but I think it looks way more like Midday Form than Midnight Form. I prefer Midnight still, awful stats and all.

To be fair, it's not Ash-Lycanroc.

Just now, Serebii said:

To be fair, it's not Ash-Lycanroc.

It's associated with him though. And let's not forget the golden rule...

94965636f3af671db8296175eea9d124--pokemo

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

It's associated with him though. And let's not forget the golden rule...

94965636f3af671db8296175eea9d124--pokemo

Ash has gone further in a league than Gary ever did

Just now, Serebii said:

Ash has gone further in a league than Gary ever did

Gary_badges.png&hash=e9357da91fbc

Gary and his 10 Kanto badges beg to differ...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

Gary_badges.png&hash=e9357da91fbc

Gary and his 10 Kanto badges beg to differ...

Ash has 52 badges and 4 Z-Crystals...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Serebii said:

Ash has 52 badges and 4 Z-Crystals...

And he still can't win anything meaningful! :D

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

And he still can't win anything meaningful! :D

He's teaching kids that it's alright to lose, in an age where kids have to feel like they've won something or they riot.

I'm ok with that :p

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Serebii said:

He's teaching kids that it's alright to lose, in an age where kids have to feel like they've won something or they riot.

I'm ok with that :p

Or that no matter hard long you keep at it or how hard you try, in the end you're gonna fail. :D

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Or that no matter hard long you keep at it or how hard you try, in the end you're gonna fail. :D

Another important life lesson :p

• Like 1

I thought it was a bold move when Ash lost the Kanto league, I think they would have written themselves in a corner if he had won since they obviously intended for him to goto Johto early on. Normally in anime/similar cartoons the hero tends to win.

However he should have won in XYZ, especially since they intended to reboot the series.

Anyway, I like Dusk Lycanroc's design, hope its stats are better. :p

Orange puppy is alright. Still prefer the other two (especially Midday), though.

6 hours ago, Ike said:

However he should have won in XYZ, especially since they intended to reboot the series.

I'm probably slightly biased, but as far as the Kalos League is concerned, I think Ash losing was so much better for the story and character development than him winning would've been (though I was rooting for Ash all the way up to halfway through the final battle lol).

Spoiler

Giving Alain that momentary bit of happiness just before his entire world came crashing down was so great (not to mention horribly cruel...), and Ash's conversation with Alain at the lab after everything was over was perfect.

Besides, Alain deserved to win that battle just as much as Ash did - it wasn't like the Sinnoh League where some broken trainer randomly showed up just to make Ash lose. :heh: