NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Assassin's Creed: Origins

A quick look at the E3 trailer was leaked yesterday. No doubt this was taken during the E3 judges week which happened recently.

Gamespot have also started stocking goods for the game.

f7JUU8H.jpg

Excited for a new Asssassin's Creed game.

Wonder if it will be just Egypt though, I can see a Greek City and Carthage be in the game as well.

Feel a little bad for Ubisoft and all their AC leaks though :p This is the third time in the row.

Wonder if it will be just Egypt though, I can see a Greek City and Carthage be in the game as well.

Feel a little bad for Ubisoft and all their AC leaks though :p This is the third time in the row.

Yup. It felt a little empty not having a new one to play last year.

Ubisoft have to be the worst in the business for keeping secrets. I suppose this is what happens when you have multiple studios all spread various locations across the globe. It makes it harder to keep a lid on things. Although I am baffled as to why they have sent out t-shirts and other goodies to game stores before even officially announcing the game.

Same here.

I skipped every AC game since Black Flag. Seems like a good time to jump back in, especially because I like the premise of the Egyptian setting.

The video is fake. It was made by a troll who used a clip of a recently Egyptian film. The shirt is legitimate though.

I got bored of the Assassin's Creed games after they started to downplay the current (slightly future?) day stuff. It was always fun running around in the past but the part of the story I was interested in was the Desmond bits.

I got bored of the Assassin's Creed games after they started to downplay the current (slightly future?) day stuff. It was always fun running around in the past but the part of the story I was interested in was the Desmond bits.

I'm the opposite. The story between the present day Templar and Assassins was intriguing at first but once they added aliens into the mix I completely checked out. :grin:

I'm the opposite. The story between the present day Templar and Assassins was intriguing at first but once they added aliens into the mix I completely checked out. :grin:

I literally must have skipped past the scene they added aliens. Which game was that?!

The present day stuff was always arse. I never understood it. Most people bought the game to do cool assassin stuff in a historic setting. Being pulled out of it to wander around offices was just dull. Maybe it added to the story, but apparently I wasn't paying attention to that anyway...

I literally must have skipped past the scene they added aliens. Which game was that?!

AC2 at least. It's in the ending of the game, when Ezio is in Rome. He talks to this ghost like alien named Miranda I think. Don't know about the first game.

Edited by Tales

Same here.

I skipped every AC game since Black Flag. Seems like a good time to jump back in, especially because I like the premise of the Egyptian setting.

Syndicate isn't that bad. Give it a go.

Have to disagree and side with @Hero\-of\-Time here. The Desmond stuff was just boring.

AC2 at least. It's in the ending of the game, when Ezio is in Rome. He talks to this ghost like alien named Miranda I think. Don't know about the first game.

Yeah, this was it. They were like some kind of aliens or gods. I think they were a few of them, as well. I'm sure they featured in a couple of the games.

I'm tempted to pick up the Ezio collection at some point. I've never played an AC game, despite owning Black Flag. @Eenuh played it and seemed to enjoy it.

What's the best course of action in my case? Do I just get in there and play Black Flag and disregard the rest of the story? Or do I get Ezio collection, play that and disregard one?

Man, it really pisses me off when games series' are split over multiple platforms. When they made the Ezio collection, why didn't they just throw in 1, too? It makes it quite complicated for the new fans who want to get into the series. Imagine starting the first two seasons of Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones on VHS and then carrying on the rest of the series on Netflix, without the first two seasons being available?

I'm tempted to pick up the Ezio collection at some point. I've never played an AC game, despite owning Black Flag. @Eenuh played it and seemed to enjoy it.

What's the best course of action in my case? Do I just get in there and play Black Flag and disregard the rest of the story? Or do I get Ezio collection, play that and disregard one?

Man, it really pisses me off when games series' are split over multiple platforms. When they made the Ezio collection, why didn't they just throw in 1, too? It makes it quite complicated for the new fans who want to get into the series. Imagine starting the first two seasons of Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones on VHS and then carrying on the rest of the series on Netflix, without the first two seasons being available?

1 is absolutely gash, if you want to get up to speed on its story, just Wikipedia it. AC2 was the peak of the series (at least in its time, not sure how it holds up now), and Ezio is by far and away the best main character the series ever had.

Part of those games' appeal was seeing ancient cities done in a really convincing graphical style, but again, considering we're 8 years on from AC2s release, I'm not sure that side of it will hold up.

The best straight up game in the series is Black Flag, for my money. The environments aren't quite as interesting as Renaissance Italy and Constantinople, but it totally makes up for it with the naval combat, and the fact that the series has had so many iterations to polish its playstyle.

I reckon if you want to go back to the legacy games, skip everything apart from Ezio + Black Flag (and even then, you only really need to play AC2 from the Ezio collection. AC Brotherhood was good, but Revelations was kind of pants.)

1 is absolutely gash, if you want to get up to speed on its story, just Wikipedia it. AC2 was the peak of the series (at least in its time, not sure how it holds up now), and Ezio is by far and away the best main character the series ever had.

Personally I think Brotherhood was the peak. It was still Ezio, a full wealth of content in the same time as 2, it introduced - but didn't overdo - the functionality of building a group of allies and a "creed" of your own. Rome was utterly incredible. It tightened up a lot of controls and movement, and it added that amazing multiplayer. At the time when I was getting sick of all the CoD games etc, it was such a refreshingly original online experience.

Kind of redundant because if I remember rightly, they didn't put multiplayer in the remake, but still had to sing Brotherhood's praises.

Personally I think Brotherhood was the peak. It was still Ezio, a full wealth of content in the same time as 2, it introduced - but didn't overdo - the functionality of building a group of allies and a "creed" of your own. Rome was utterly incredible. It tightened up a lot of controls and movement, and it added that amazing multiplayer. At the time when I was getting sick of all the CoD games etc, it was such a refreshingly original online experience.

Kind of redundant because if I remember rightly, they didn't put multiplayer in the remake, but still had to sing Brotherhood's praises.

I agree, Brotherhood was the pinnacle of the AC series. It also introduced multiplayer which was fantastic.

I agree, Brotherhood was the pinnacle of the AC series. It also introduced multiplayer which was fantastic.

That tank level though....

Who thought that was a good idea?

There are another leak but this time, it's a Preorder Card with a bonus mission in the First Pyramid.

Release date leaked as 27th October.

It is rumoured that Microsoft has a marketing deal for this game so there's a good chance that Scorpio launches on this date as well.

Man that combat looked rough. I know AC needs new ideas but ripping a bad version of Souls combat isn't the way to go.

Also very keen to see how they handle portraying a country with a deep sense of national identity but with very little known about its ethnic makeup in that era.

Man that combat looked rough. I know AC needs new ideas but ripping a bad version of Souls combat isn't the way to go.

Also very keen to see how they handle portraying a country with a deep sense of national identity but with very little known about its ethnic makeup in that era.

Beige people of course!

This looks good, but I'm going to wait until next year when it's cheaper like I did with Syndicate. Pretty much no point getting single player games at launch any more.

Sign in to follow this