NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Cookyman

Friday the 13th

Just bought this on a whim. Yes it's glitchy and cheesy but looks like a whole load of fun. Anybody else getting this?

I've been watching people play it on Twitch, it looks like it would be really fun with a group of friends.

Edited by Helmsly

I've been watching people play it on Twitch, it looks like it would be really fun with a group of friends.

With a group from here could be hilarious!

Nice gesture!

HaHa

Edited by Cookyman

Has nobody else got this on here?  

tumblr_oj0jj7ttFT1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

Edited by Cookyman
  • Like 1

Look how much fun you could all be having  - n-europe vs Jason - whats not to like?

Love this vid - great choice of music!

Image result for jason voorhees gif funny

Edited by Cookyman
  • Like 1

PlayStation Store: June’s Top Downloads

Friday the 13th: The Game lurched to the top of the PS4 download chart this month. Read on for the full list.

topsellers-lead-755x424.jpg

June was not a great month to be a camp counselor… Friday the 13th: The Game racked up more downloads on PS4 than anything else for the month, followed by the celebrated return of Crash Bandicoot in the N. Sane Trilogy.

Diablo III: Rise of the Necromancer and Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood made strong debuts on the PS4 Add-ons chart (but not quite strong enough to take down Call of Duty Zombies Chronicles), and Arizona Sunshine rocketed straight to the top of the PlayStation VR list.

You've got to love online play!  Playing today and find the gas, as Jason is hanging around the car I decide to refuel the boat.  On my way there another player (who I assume fitted the propeller) turns up and we get ready to escape.  Suddenly this wanker turns up shoots me and takes my place (BASTARD!).

What you didn't see in the video however was they didn't get away as Jason killed them both, Karma is a bitch!

• Like 2

The game looks stupid but fun, and I could definitely see myself having a good time with it after watching some of those videos above. Buuut, that price killed me. Would've been tempted if it were in the £10-17 bracket, but I don't see how there's enough there to justify it being £30+.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

The game looks stupid but fun, and I could definitely see myself having a good time with it after watching some of those videos above. Buuut, that price killed me. Would've been tempted if it were in the £10-17 bracket, but I don't see how there's enough there to justify it being £30+.

The other day I was looking for the physical version only to find it didn't exist... if it had been available one disc for £30 then I would have picked it up once it has the single player stuff added.

Indeed that might actually happen, I gather... so disc version with all the latest content at £30 and I'll be there. :)

On 7/12/2017 at 8:45 PM, S.C.G said:

The other day I was looking for the physical version only to find it didn't exist... if it had been available one disc for £30 then I would have picked it up once it has the single player stuff added.

Indeed that might actually happen, I gather... so disc version with all the latest content at £30 and I'll be there. :)

See you soon then!

Also it's good to see they are investing money on adding more content to the game including even more kills!

"Our number one priority right now is stability and squashing bugs," Keltner says. "That's what all of our engineers are focusing on. We've also nearly doubled our team size to help with this issue. But our content/art teams are free to work on new content, and that's what we've been doing. Players can expect new maps, characters, Easter eggs and other great updates in the near future. I think fans are really going to enjoy what we have planned, as some of this content comes directly from player feedback/requests, while some others are surprises we've had up our sleeves for several months now."

Edited by Cookyman
  • Like 1

That's what I'm talking about! :D

Pre-ordering that, well... just as soon as it's available on ShopTo anyway. :)

• Like 1

Coming soon.....

New Playable Jason

More information on this Jason will be available once announced. Come back soon for more details!

Available: TBD

Two New counselors

Two new counselors added to the roster. Fresh meat for our mask wearing friend. Will these be totally new counselors, walking the trails of Crystal Lake for the first time? Or we will be welcoming back some familiar faces to Camp Blood? Hang around here and our social feeds for the announcement.

Spring Break 1984 Clothing Pack Info

Regular Price: $3.99 Limited Time 50% Off Price: $1.99

Available: SOON

New Clothing Pack

Ah, come on…Everyone likes a secret! Right?

*(content and timeline subject to change) *

New Playable Map

Did you guys really think we weren’t working on new maps? The previously announced smaller maps were just the start. We have new maps already in production, with this one coming sooner than you might think. This playable map is ripped straight from the films. Stay tuned to see the reveal of this new map.

Price: FREE!

Spoiler

THIS PATCH HAS NOT BEEN RELEASED YET.

We wanted to give you an early preview of what the next patch will have in it.

Stability

Overall stability should be drastically improved due to a number of crash fixes and a major memory leak fix.

Parties/Invites/Matchmaking

Disallowing party leaders to join game session invites to sessions that do not advertise (private matches). This is due to not being able to search for sessions that do not advertise, which prevents party members from following their leader into them.

Party leaders can now follow public game invites, bringing members with them.

Steam Matchmaking tries harder to find lower-pinging matches. PS4 matchmaking up to 6x more efficient with tighter ping requirements.

Fixed XB1 matchmaking bugs.

Fixed a number of issues with how the game handles Party Invites and Matchmaking; there are still a few issues out there that are rare but it is much improved.

Fixed a number of issues on how canceling matchmaking was handled that could leave players in a state they could no longer matchmake.

Party members now see their party leader’s matchmaking status and time.\

Various improvements to error messaging.

Maps

Added Small Maps for the existing maps; Packanack Small, Higgins Haven Small, and Camp Crystal Lake Small.

Increased the density of Kill locations on all maps.

Adjusted collision on Maps to prevent people from standing on water.

Adjusted collision on piers to prevent cars from driving on them .

Added a Map Icon to Campfire Kills.

Fixed a number of kill spots that were not functioning.

Fixed an issue with not being able to fix boat propellers based on boat positioning on the dock.

Placed collision under piers to prevent people from swimming under them.

Fixed a number of areas that the player could get out of the map.

Fixed a number of areas that Counselors could get to that Jason could not.

Added better collision around Boat Exits to prevent Jason from getting to areas he shouldn’t be in.

Gameplay

Team Killing changes.

Team Killing is no longer possible in Public Matches.

Cars can still cause damage to the players if they are hit.

Traps can still hurt and/or kill the player but there is no longer an XP penalty for the person that placed the trap in Public Matches.

Private Matches have not changed.

Fixed an issue where the Counselors breath wouldn’t start to recharge if the user continued to hold the button after breath was depleted.

Fixed an issue with Fear being canceled if pulled out of a car.

Fixed an issue with the Police Objective happening when it shouldn’t be.

Fixed a number of issues regarding objects falling through the ground.

Fixed an issue where Damage and Stun chance were only being calculated on the first attack.

Jason can no longer block through traps, firecrackers, flare guns, shotguns, and the Police.

Fixed reliability of perks that spawn items at the start of the match.

Misc Fixes

Increased texture resolution on the XB1.

Fixed the PhD for Murder Achievement/Trophy.

Improved intro and outro cinematics.

Fixed player muted states sometimes getting “lost” after level change.

Can now unready in Private Match even when the countdown is low.

Fixed a hitch caused by the video settings savegame after signing in or changing those settings.

Edited by Cookyman
  • Like 1

Available to pre-order at ShopTo (and all other retailers) now. :)

Large.png

I've pre-ordered, see you all online in October hopefully. :peace:

• Like 1

Looks like I got this game just in time then! :D

I'm just about to install my physical copy now and get all the free stuff that's presumably available by now. :)

@Cookyman I'm coming after you! :blank:

(so when are you typically online these days?)

*this is the part where Cookyman, after years of trying to get people from N-E to play games online - quite reasonably too - decides to tell us all that it was one big troll and that he's given up gaming* :laughing:

No but seriously, don't do that... I will definitely play a game (or thirteen) of Friday the 13th with you. :peace:

• Haha 1

m7ibq.jpg

Just give me a shout when you see me online.  The new map is excellent and it's double XP all weekend.

• Haha 1

Sign in to follow this