NEurope
Serebii

Mario & Rabbids Kingdom Battle

I think it wouldn't really work with a "serious" franchise like Fire Emblem or Zelda. I think they'll stick to Mario, or otherwise Kirby + Rabbids would work!

I think Zelda can have a silly side (Wind Waker, the cartoon) but yeah, it would be a bit different. 

On 21/12/2018 at 8:20 AM, MindFreak said:

It could very well be that a sequal would not have Mario characters in it. That probably wouldn't really provide a new experience. A Zelda + Rabbids would be fun to see, perhaps a Fire Emblem + Rabbids? Or well.. StarFox + Rabbids! Or.. even F-Zero + Rabbids!

You think Ubisoft are gonna wanna touch StarFox ever again?

And F-Zero is a way to make it bomb harder than Starling!

4 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Star Fox wasn't the problem with Star Link!

Starfox was probably the reason the game got any sales at all!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, markderoos said:

Rick, Wart + Rabbids

Sounds more like a medical condition.

• Haha 2
  • Weird 1

37 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

Waluigi + Rabbid? 

Is the lack of a plural on purpose?

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

Is the lack of a plural on purpose?

No, unless it makes it more funny. 

4 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

No, unless it makes it more funny. 

It kinda does, yeah.

• Like 1

Been playing this and really loving it. More games should make tactics-style spin offs.

• Like 2

Picked this up for Christmas during the sale and really enjoying it. My only dislike so far is that you must have a rabbid on your team at all times. I kinda wanted to play as Mario, Peach and Luigi at least for one match. But other then that minor thing, I think the game is excellent and if I am still enjoying it after the games complete, I'll probably get the dlc.

• Like 1

For the first time the DLC is on sale in the eShop. Normally they only discounted the Gold Edition which is bad if you already have the main game. Now however the Season Pass and Donkey Kong DLC are 40% off. Picked up the latter as I don't give too much about the Ultra Challenges. Can't wait to start it!

8 minutes ago, Vileplume2000 said:

For the first time the DLC is on sale in the eShop. Normally they only discounted the Gold Edition which is bad if you already have the main game. Now however the Season Pass and Donkey Kong DLC are 40% off. Picked up the latter as I don't give too much about the Ultra Challenges. Can't wait to start it!

Yeah, I was overjoyed to hear that the DLC finally went on sale. I'll be picking it up but it's landed at the worst possible time so I've no idea when I'll get around to actually playing it. 

The base game is still one of the best Switch games out there, IMO. I haven't played it since finishing it when it was first released so it will be nice to hop back into the wacky world of Mario & Rabbids.

Same here, loved the main game. I haven't started the DLC yet, but did boot up the game for the first time since finishing it and spend an hour picking up chests I missed and doing some challenges. Feels good to be back at it again.

I was really disappointed there was no sequel announcement at that Tom Clancy Ubisoft conference this year. Have to imagine it's coming though, and if it's shown off next year a 3 year dev cycle should mean it's a meaty sequel.

8 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

The base game is still one of the best Switch games out there, IMO

Definitely agree with this. A real gem.

Edited by Ronnie

The sequel is definitely coming at some point. Ubisoft were running focus groups about the first game in February, if I remember correctly. I’m surprised it’s taking so long though.

So, Kingdom Battle has now sold 10 million copies:

Nuts that all those frowned upon leaked slides all those years ago turned out this way! 

• Like 1

It really was one of the biggest surprises of the early days. Didn't think much upon reveal but heard good things and not long after it was out I was going to a friend's so picked it up on a whim and I'm glad I did

• Like 1