NEurope
Serebii

Mario & Rabbids Kingdom Battle

4 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Nice little interview from Eurogamer with 'don't cry Ubisoft man' Davide Soliano

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-06-19-what-ubisoft-crying-man-did-next

Seems to suggest towards the end that his team are going to make a sequel. No surprise really but very welcome news. 

I did briefly look at where they were located when I was in Milan on Monday but was kind of on the outskirts unfortunately. They were looking for narrative folks not too long ago.

• Like 1

On 21/09/2017 at 4:37 PM, MindFreak said:

with the game. It is great fun. Definitely buy it!

The Donkey Kong DLC is out on Monday, in case anyone is unaware.

Isn't it Monday for season pass owners and Tuesday for the plebs?

8 hours ago, Ashley said:

Isn't it Monday for season pass owners and Tuesday for the plebs?

Quite possibly, yes, Non-pleb here :bouncy:

I might get the season pass. Don't care about the other things, but it's only a few quid more.

I'm really enjoying the Donkey Kong Adventure DLC. After finishing the main game very recently, it's nice to go back to some easier battles again! The pre-requisite for starting this DLC is to have completed World 1 of the main game. Five battles down and I haven't had any trouble progressing...yet. You get to play as Donkey Kong, Rabbid Peach and Rabbit Cranky Kong in your team, and it doesn't seem you can switch characters at all, which I kind of like. Can do without the hassle of that.

6 hours ago, Rob3008 said:

Are you able to use the new characters in the main game?

No. The DLC is a separate save file. And you start from scratch building Rabbid Peach.

So it's essentially a cheap (and I mean that in a good way) spinoff?

7 hours ago, Ashley said:

So it's essentially a cheap (and I mean that in a good way) spinoff?

You can say that, yes. I haven't played ituch but I doubt that it integrates with the main story at all.

The ultra challenges that unlock after clearing the 12 ordinary challenges are just no fun at all because it's impossible to get a clear overview of the entire field. Its really sad that they didn't add a better camera to the game.

Other than that, almost done. I still need to find 4 puzzle pieces, though. Spent 7.5 hours on the story to get Perfect on all and then a couple of hours on the challenges that unlocked. I think that's great value for the money and can really recommend this for fans of the main game.

• Like 1

Finally got round to downloading the DLC yesterday and playing a bit.  I want powerful weapons again :p

But nah, it's fun!

• Like 1

Got a 10 hour return train trip to France coming next month so this'll be a great way to pass the time.

Has anyone else encountered any errors with the post-game DLC? There's a challenge called Jungle 2 where you had to defeat 2 mid-bosses and some other enemies but the game keeps crashing and throwing me out.

Edited by Rob3008

47 minutes ago, Rob3008 said:

Has anyone else encountered any errors with the post-game DLC? There's a challenge called Jungle 2 where you had to defeat 2 mid-bosses and some other enemies but the game keeps crashing and throwing me out.

Yeah, I've encountered several crashes but never the same place twice.

I had a weird thing once where DK had used his weapon and the gameplay flow never went back to him, it just stuck on the zoomed out camera.

Just finished the main story for the DLC.  I think Eurogamers "it's more of the same, for better and worse" is an accurate description.  It's still a fun challenge and has some great writing, but there are still frustrations such as the block pushing (as the game progresses it feels more and more like an attempt to expand the game time).  It's a shame you can't use the DLC characters in the main game, although I'd understand DK would be nerfed as the levels wouldn't be built around his moveset.

Spoiler

What's with some weapons being unlocked after you've finished?  Maybe the same in the main game and I forgot, but even so.

Also, was the last level supposed to be lacking in music?  It may have meant to be atmospheric, but just ended up feeling like the game was glitching.

I finished the DLC over the weekend (aside from getting all the jigsaw pieces) and it's a HUGELY generous portion of content as there's a lot of extra challenges, even after the main story element.

Now to go back and try to complete even one of the Ultimate challenges which keep whopping my ass :cry:

Edited by Rob3008
  • Like 1

On holiday atm so of course brought my Switch and thought I'd (finally) give the Donkey Kong Adventure a go. As reported and predicted, it's fantastic. I also get the impression they've made the cutscenes a LOT better, they seem to be of a higher quality than the original game.

What a delightful game this is, a real gem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So this game is on sale at £15 right now on the eShop, until 7th Jan. Or £12.79 if you buy it from the Russian eShop. I smell a bargain! I'll be getting this for sure.

• Like 1

They actually have a community competition of sort, spanning a year? It started this month.

I'd be amazed if we don't see a sequel revealed at E3. Actually I'm a little surprised it hasn't leaked yet, because Ubisoft :laughing:

3 hours ago, Ronnie said:

I'd be amazed if we don't see a sequel revealed at E3. Actually I'm a little surprised it hasn't leaked yet, because Ubisoft :laughing:

I think a sequel is coming next year as well. Revealed at E3, released in the summer.

If we did get a sequel I wonder if they'd expand it out a bit. Maybe have a crossover with Zelda as well.

It could very well be that a sequal would not have Mario characters in it. That probably wouldn't really provide a new experience. A Zelda + Rabbids would be fun to see, perhaps a Fire Emblem + Rabbids? Or well.. StarFox + Rabbids! Or.. even F-Zero + Rabbids!