NEurope
Serebii

Mario & Rabbids Kingdom Battle

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

I beg to differ. :p

Where are you getting stuck at? I may be able to offer some advice/tactics.

The bit when suddenly 20 enemies spawn around you. I think it's a bit of a third of the way in

4 minutes ago, Serebii said:

The bit when suddenly 20 enemies spawn around you. I think it's a bit of a third of the way in

Is that where there's a ledge on the left, a couple of shotgun guys and Rabbids who shield their team mates crop up? This is just after a bunch of enemies that slam you with giant slabs have been eliminated, yes?

2 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Is that where there's a ledge on the left, a couple of shotgun guys and Rabbids who shield their team mates crop up? This is just after a bunch of enemies that slam you with giant slabs have been eliminated, yes?

Yeah

2 minutes ago, Serebii said:

Yeah

Honestly, out of the whole level that is the part I found the hardest.

What I done was to leave Toad next to the pipe on the left. I sent him back through there and kept him there until I had wiped everyone out in that area.

I sent Rabbid Mario around to the right and used his scream to draw enemies in. I them used his skid attack and then used a shotgun blast or hammer attack on them all.

Rabbid Luigi was used to just inflict Vamp in as many enemies as possible, just to keep everyone alive.

Mario I kept a bit further back and made sure he had his oversight ability ready for when the enemies first spawn.

Once you get past that part make sure you get one or two characters up high in the next large area. A bunch of enemies will spawn up there and you can get the drop on them if one or two of your team are already up there.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Honestly, out of the whole level that is the part I found the hardest.

What I done was to leave Toad next to the pipe on the left. I sent him back through there and kept him there until I had wiped everyone out in that area.

I sent Rabbid Mario around to the right and used his scream to draw enemies in. I them used his skid attack and then used a shotgun blast or hammer attack on them all.

Rabbid Luigi was used to just inflict Vamp in as many enemies as possible, just to keep everyone alive.

Mario I kept a bit further back and made sure he had his oversight ability ready for when the enemies first spawn.

Once you get past that part make sure you get one or two characters up high in the next large area. A bunch of enemies will spawn up there and you can get the drop on them if one or two of your team are already up there.

Thanks. Shall give it a go tomorrow :)

Well that's done. Now to find all the chests so I have 100%. Just wish it was easier to pinpoint where they were. I must have gone through Ancient Gardens 4 times and I'm still missing one...

Finished the second world (area?) earlier.  I should probably start using people other than the initial three!  Might go back through these two to test out the newbies.

Waiting for that sweet sweet Yoshi though.

giphy.gif

Okay just started the challenges.  How are you supposed to do challenge 1-3?  Boost up everyone's movement just for that challenge?

2 hours ago, Ashley said:

Okay just started the challenges.  How are you supposed to do challenge 1-3?  Boost up everyone's movement just for that challenge?

I just tried that, too. And, I agree, without boosted movement length, it's not happening, one for the archives.

The soundtrack is now on Google Music. I haven't played a game, but the music is great.

2 hours ago, Cube said:

The soundtrack is now on Google Music. I haven't played a game, but the music is great.

Also available on Spotify:

Edit: Wow I like how that autoembedded!

Edited by V. Amoleo

Hah are the last three songs on that soundtrack an intentional riff on the Nolan Batman trilogy?

• Like 1

The final chest was only right by the bloody start of World 4. Jesus

DJcBeieU8AAPQ5R.jpg

All done though

• Like 5

EDGE gave this a 9:  "if Odyssey is to be Mario's best game this year, it has a pretty high bar to clear. Now there's something we never imagined writing"

Been playing this for just on a week now and am really enjoying it. I think if it weren't for the characters I probably wouldn't. I'm not much for turn based strategy games like this. But it just has a charm to it that makes it a joy to play. Finite world one and went through getting stuff I missed first time through. And started on world two. 

On 13/09/2017 at 1:33 AM, Ronnie said:

EDGE gave this a 9:  "if Odyssey is to be Mario's best game this year, it has a pretty high bar to clear. Now there's something we never imagined writing"

And reading that review it said you can't recall the skills orbs spend and redistribute them.  I didn't know that!? Not had a chance to test it out yet, but I've been assuming once you've bought something that's it.

Picked this up in town today and looked at the box for a while trying to convince myself to buy it. 

I just don't know if I will like the style of game. I've watched YouTube videos of gameplay and some bits I like the look of and others it doesn't look like my cup of tea. 

I think I just really wish I could buy it and like it because of all of the high praise! 

53 minutes ago, Ashley said:

And reading that review it said you can't recall the skills orbs spend and redistribute them.  I didn't know that!? Not had a chance to test it out yet, but I've been assuming once you've bought something that's it.

I'm confused, your assumption seems to match the quote from the Edge review?

You can't redistribute skill points I don't think, though that's the case in most games with skill trees I believe?

3 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

Picked this up in town today and looked at the box for a while trying to convince myself to buy it. 

I just don't know if I will like the style of game. I've watched YouTube videos of gameplay and some bits I like the look of and others it doesn't look like my cup of tea. 

I think I just really wish I could buy it and like it because of all of the high praise! 

It's not something I would normally play, but I'm really enjoying it.  The weakest part for me is the meandering between levels and endless box-pushing, but its such a small part.  The actual turn-based stuff is surprisingly engaging.

2 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I'm confused, your assumption seems to match the quote from the Edge review?

You can't redistribute skill points I don't think, though that's the case in most games with skill trees I believe?

I wasn't talking about the quote you posted, just mentioning the Edge review reminded me.  From that review "The ability to reset each character's skill tree, meanwhile, allows you to better tailor your loadout according to your objective.  If a stage simply asks you to reach the exit, for example, you can max out Luigi's Itchy Feet special that expands movement distances for all characters, while boosting the exit range from pipes."

29 minutes ago, Ashley said:

It's not something I would normally play, but I'm really enjoying it.  The weakest part for me is the meandering between levels and endless box-pushing, but its such a small part.  The actual turn-based stuff is surprisingly engaging.

I wasn't talking about the quote you posted, just mentioning the Edge review reminded me.  From that review "The ability to reset each character's skill tree, meanwhile, allows you to better tailor your loadout according to your objective.  If a stage simply asks you to reach the exit, for example, you can max out Luigi's Itchy Feet special that expands movement distances for all characters, while boosting the exit range from pipes."

I know you didn't mean the part I quoted. 

You said "Edge says you can't remap" then said "I've been assuming all this time you can't remap" ?

I reached the final boss yesterday (well, World 4-9), having done all challenges in World 1-3 and got Perfect on each ordinary level. World 3 was quite easy in general but World 4 was more challenging. My Switch had no more power when I got to the final boss so couldn't take it on but it looks tough.

Absolutely adoring this game, even as someone who would never have touched a turn based strategy game like this before. I've 100%'d both of the first two worlds, onto the third tonight...

• Like 1

Killed the final boss in my second attempt the other day but spent 15 turns to do so. Definitely room for improvement. However, now that is the only regular level without a "Perfect" next to it. Now I'm doing the challenges of World 4 - they aren't really "Supa Hard", are they? I mean, sure, my team is strong with the best available weapons and almost fully upgraded but still, I most of the time win in my first attempt. Honestly, I think some of the medium challenges in the earlier worlds were harder - at least for now. I'm up to challenge 4 on world 4 now.

All levels are Perfect now, all ordinary challenges are done. Now for the Ultimate Challenges.

I must say, World 3 and World 4 were a bit too easy. It's alright that the levels themselves are not overly hard but I almost always got Perfect first try (or after a couple of restarts) so I expected the Challenges to be harder. But nope, my team was too good and smashed them quite easily. Even clearing the final boss within 7 turns was quite easy (even did it in 6!). So I expect the Ultimate Challenges to really test my patience.

Still, it's a very good game, I've enjoyed every minute of it. Getting to this point took me at most 35 hours (can't be bothered to count all entries in the Parental App) so quite a decent length as well.

Minor complaints are camera angles at times and not having an undo-button to ordinary movement - it happened several times that accidentally put my character next to another one when I wanted to jump or dash the other one. Just an immediate "undo" before starting the movement would be alright - you see the mistake instantly anyway. Another minor criticism is that I sometimes noticed the enemy being able to shoot through walls where I couldn't. That bothered me but it never cost me a victory. Other than that, I can't think of anything really wrong with the game. It is great fun. Definitely buy it!