NEurope
Serebii

Mario & Rabbids Kingdom Battle

I'm actually really happy with this game, despite it being turn based. I'm going to buy the Season Pass

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Serebii said:

You basically have to lure the enemies to attack you, causing you to bounce across and land in the zone. There's multiple like this :)

Yeah and I seemed to have cheesed my way through them all. :D However, I have come across one in the final world that looks like i'll have to do properly.

7 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

How did you beat that challenge? I honestly couldn't figure out how to do it so I just put all my skill points into increasing Luigi's movement, used his special so he could walk farther and then just walked to the finish line. :D I'm interested to hear how it is done properly. I guess it has something to do with bouncing off of the enemies but my characters were too far away from each other to initiate the jumping process.

Yeah, @Serebii gave the general anwser (it may be considered a spoiler to puzzle fans, you may want to edit your post).

Spoiler

I was considering going the extra movement route, but didn't have enough skillpoints at that point (I believe). Didn't take long too figure out what I was supposed to do, but took some attempts to get the right steps. I recognized it as a puzzle, so I figured those enemies were there for a reason, eventhough I actually forgot you bounced off of them. First I was thinking I had to get one of my people bounced to Luigi's side, for a teamjump, but I couldn't get one of them across. You do have to lure the enemies so they're in range, so I had to equip my basic weapons again so they wouldn't turn to stone or something. I forgot the steps at this point, but I believe I bounced Luigi to the other side acually, where he could get in the perfect spot to be bounced right into the goal.

Also funny was how I completed one of the first main stages. It was one where you simply had to reach the goal. I was on my way to completing it, but Rabbid Luigi couldn't quite reach it yet, and needed one more turn. There were enemies about though, and I still had my main attack left, and I had a fire elemental weapon equipped. I attacked a nearby enemy, the enemy caught fire, ran towards Rabbid Luigi, he caught fire, and he ran towards the goal, one turn earlier than expected, haha.

Edited by Sméagol
  • Like 1

Mine didn’t show up today either after ordering with game collection :( After all the great reviews I want to play it even more!!

15 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

How did you beat that challenge?

Since I said I forgot the exact steps.. I went back and tried to remember. Took some tries again, but got it, again :D. Took some screenshots if you want to see exactly how it's done.

Completely cleared world 1 now, so moved on to world 2. Made a habit of restarting stages if someone died, in order to get a perfect score, so I won't have to revisit the stages later. Massacred the midbosses (:p), so that's where I left off. Just got the other Mario.

Edit: Oh, and if someone didn't get a code for the Pixel pack, I guess you can have mine. Tried to enter it, but said I already had it because of the season pass.

Edited by Sméagol

6 hours ago, Sméagol said:

Edit: Oh, and if someone didn't get a code for the Pixel pack, I guess you can have mine. Tried to enter it, but said I already had it because of the season pass.

If you still have it, I would be very thankful to get it from you :)

Mine's mysteriously missing even though I followed the exact steps with my preorder...

7 hours ago, Sméagol said:

Since I said I forgot the exact steps.. I went back and tried to remember. Took some tries again, but got it, again :D. Took some screenshots if you want to see exactly how it's done.

Thanks for the offer but I figured it out after what you told me earlier. There are a few more challenge stages like that later on and I put into practice what you said about letting the enemies hit you.

I've just got 6 more challenges left to do. 4 of them are the Ultimate difficulty ones, another is one that requires me to take out a crazy amount of enemies in a set amount of moves and the final one is one of the puzzle type ones. You have to get your team to 3 separate points on the map but only in a single move. 

• Like 1

A day late but I've finally got it!

Very weird to see a game with Mario in it and no Nintendo logos on the box. Beyond the Nintendo Switch branding and Nintendo Seal of Quality.

• Like 2

And finished. What a blast this game has been. Now to mine it for all the secrets

2 hours ago, V. Amoleo said:

A day late but I've finally got it!

Very weird to see a game with Mario in it and no Nintendo logos on the box. Beyond the Nintendo Switch branding and Nintendo Seal of Quality.

Yeah, pretty sure this is the first time that a Mario game has been published by someone other than Nintendo (outside of the Mario & Sonic series in Japan, which was published by SEGA there).  It's so weird!

• Like 1

Wow, I was sooo sceptical when I first saw the leaks and original gameplay. I haven't even bothered to watch any gameplay since it was revealed at all. Now, seeing all these amazing reviews I really understand this is the one Switch game to get next.

The great thing about this is that Ubisoft is gonna have a massive spike in sales numbers for the Switch, and that is hopefully gonna boost their commitment to supporting the console with more titles in the future. Good job Ubisoft, looks like you've earned my money!

Ubisoft have always been really good to Nintendo, supporting them far more than other big Western publishers. As an aside I thought their E3 conference was by far the best one.

Just completed World 1. This game is excellent.  If you have a Switch, and don't hate turn bas d games, this is the game to get.

The attention to detail throughout is top notch. And all the little animations are well thought through.

Spoiler

I love how the Rabbids are still zipping around in their combo Washing/Time Machine.

Well done Ubisoft.

8 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Thanks for the offer but I figured it out after what you told me earlier. There are a few more challenge stages like that later on and I put into practice what you said about letting the enemies hit you.

I've just got 6 more challenges left to do. 4 of them are the Ultimate difficulty ones, another is one that requires me to take out a crazy amount of enemies in a set amount of moves and the final one is one of the puzzle type ones. You have to get your team to 3 separate points on the map but only in a single move. 

I think I'm on the same one as the final one. Can't for the life of me figure it out.

47 minutes ago, Serebii said:

I think I'm on the same one as the final one. Can't for the life of me figure it out.

It's challenge 9 on the fourth world. It's called Uphill Battle. It's the far area I can't reach. I assume you have to use the tornado and enemy fire but I can't figure out the positioning.

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

It's challenge 9 on the fourth world. It's called Uphill Battle. It's the far area I can't reach. I assume you have to use the tornado and enemy fire but I can't figure out the positioning.

Oh. Mine is the other similar challenge in the fourth world. No tornado.

1 minute ago, Serebii said:

Oh. Mine is the other similar challenge in the fourth world. No tornado.

No Pain, No Gain?

8 minutes ago, Serebii said:

Think that's the one

Give all your team shoddy weapons. Start off by using Luigi's special so that you can move more spaces. Fire with Mario at the closest enemy. Direct Rabbid Peach to the left hand side area and Luigi to the right. Bounce Mario off Luigi and land just above the nearest enemy.

Heres a pic. Sorry, I don't how to embed Twitter pics on my phone.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Hero_of_Time_UK/status/902929598488354816/photo/1

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Give all your team shoddy weapons. Start off by using Luigi's special so that you can move more spaces. Fire with Mario at the closest enemy. Direct Rabbid Peach to the left hand side area and Luigi to the right. Bounce Mario off Luigi and land just above the nearest enemy.

Heres a pic. Sorry, I don't how to embed Twitter pics on my phone.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Hero_of_Time_UK/status/902929598488354816/photo/1

I really should consider using Luigi for these more haha. Thanks

Edited by Serebii

1 minute ago, Serebii said:

I really should consider using Luigi for these more haha

To be fair, I just redone it now and didn't need to use Luigi's special. You should be fine with whatever team you've been using.

Mine hasn’t turned up again :( Never ordering from game collection ever again.!