NEurope
Serebii

Mario & Rabbids Kingdom Battle

I think I must be one of the few who actually find the Rabbids kind of funny.

Sure, it's a different kind of humour, but it still makes me laugh.

We've seen your posts. This is not a surprise.

I think I must be one of the few who actually finds Ashley kind of funny.

Sure, it's a different kind of humour, but it still makes me laugh.

Watching a little of this on the Treehouse stream now and Mario still doesn't sound right to me.

I just think this looks terrific fun; I can't quite work out if I like the look of it so much because I thought it was going to be terrible and it turns out it isn't, or if it really does look that good!

Probably a mixture :p

The visuals look lovely, I'd like to see more of the puzzle solving/story elements though.

Yves Guillemot saying there will be post launch content support on a round table with Miyamoto, smashing news!

Yves Guillemot saying there will be post launch content support on a round table with Miyamoto, smashing news!

Did he say whether the content will be free or is it paid DLC?

Did he say whether the content will be free or is it paid DLC?

The quote from the article on Nintendo life was thus:

"And there will be some extra content coming along after... It's already a long-term partnership on this one."

So nothing concrete sadly, I bet it's paid but you never know, I'd be inclined to pay for some more if it turns out as fun as it looks!

This.. seems to be sold out on Uboisofts own store? Perhaps it's just the Dutch allocation.

Anyway, does anyone here know how to get the 20% discount? I've logged in, but I don't see any connection being made with my Uplay account (I have one). It asks me to log in again, but I get "login errors!" (which is different from an invalid password. It's not quite clear to me if a Ubisoft account and a Uplay account, or a Club Ubisoft account are separate things or the same thing.

This.. seems to be sold out on Uboisofts own store? Perhaps it's just the Dutch allocation.

Anyway, does anyone here know how to get the 20% discount? I've logged in, but I don't see any connection being made with my Uplay account (I have one). It asks me to log in again, but I get "login errors!" (which is different from an invalid password. It's not quite clear to me if a Ubisoft account and a Uplay account, or a Club Ubisoft account are separate things or the same thing.

I think Ubisoft, UPlay and Club Ubisoft are all the same account.

Yeah, I think it does make the connection, but I don't see a discount. I think the login errors are simply the result of me being logged in already. I've also asked on a Dutch forum, I'll report when I've succesfully pre-ordered the game for € 40,-

This looks wonderful. If this turns out to be a Strategy version of what M&L and Paper Mario were, I'm considering it a good reason to get a Switch.

For all the odd hate the Rabbids get, I'm really glad the game's being well received. I'm even more glad to see Nintendo working with western developers in the first place (and European ones, to boot).

This looks wonderful. If this turns out to be a Strategy version of what M&L and Paper Mario were, I'm considering it a good reason to get a Switch.

For all the odd hate the Rabbids get, I'm really glad the game's being well received. I'm even more glad to see Nintendo working with western developers in the first place (and European ones, to boot).

Like it's mentioned before, the gameplay, at least the battles, really resembles the basic gameplay of Xcom (with added Mario moves). If you want a taste of that, you can wait for the Steam sale, and pick up Xcom enemy unknown for cheap. I'm expecting Mario + Rabbids to be more forgiving than Xcom though.. Permadeath would be a bit out of place. Probably. Nah fuck it I want an Iron man mode in Mario + Rabbids.

Loads of previews of the game are starting to trickle out from various gaming sites and all of them seem to speak highly of the game.

Ubisoft also released this trailer.

• Like 4

When is the embargo lifted on the reviews? I want to read something about the game before placing a pre-order.

Just had a look, it lifts on August 28th so only a day before release. I wouldn't take that as any indication about the quality of the game though, embargos seem to be lifting later and later these days.

• Like 1

DLC confirmed:

Ubisoft announced post-launch plans for Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle today. New weapons, solo challenges, co-op maps and brand new story content are on the way.

Players will be able to purchase a season pass next week. It’ll include the following DLC:

– 8 unique steampunk weapons will be available at the launch of the game, each one with its own statistics. These items will be exclusive for season pass owners.
– This autumn, players will be able to test their skills with new solo challenges, or with a friend, through additional co-op maps.
– In 2018, players will be able to play through brand new story content.

Ubisoft will begin distributing the season pass for Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle on August 29.

18 minutes ago, dazzybee said:

Sounds great! Hope it's a reasonable price. 

It's $19.99 so what, £15?

• Like 1

Any ideas how much this will cost on the eShop?  Trying to decide if I should go digital with it or not.

Currently our eShop doesn't have a price associated with it.

2 hours ago, V. Amoleo said:

Any ideas how much this will cost on the eShop?  Trying to decide if I should go digital with it or not.

Currently our eShop doesn't have a price associated with it.

It's a full priced game so probably £49.99.

I was hoping for dlc. Though I wonder if this (or any future dlc) will include new characters / classes. Donkey Kong should be a given, given the fact his rabbid version is already in the game, and he already has experience with guns.

b8f3eed503549bfb234936d8510857fd868f3cdc

Anyway, seeing as I only payed 40 euros for the game, I'll get the dlc asap for support, just like Zelda. I actually got an e-mail today (well, yesterday at this point), saying they're aiming to have the game delivered on release day.

18 hours ago, killthenet said:

It's a full priced game so probably £49.99.

The page has updated today.  It is £49.99.  My worry was that it'd be like Zelda and have an extra tenner added to it.

• Like 1