NEurope
Jimbob

GAME UK launches 'elite' loyalty scheme

Link here

Basically, for a small fee of £36 a year (£33 if you join now, get 1 month free), you get more.

So, that's 10% extra points for all physical games, merchandise and accessories. You also get 4% extra for consoles, VR, phones and tablets and an additional 2% extra on digital purchases and pre-owned.

Also on top of that, you get exclusive offers on games, products etc.

So to summerise, all these "offers" for £36 a year (with a first month for free). Not exactly bargain of the century, considering hardly anything "new" comes in at the "savings" you make. Think they need to extract said heads from said rear ends, last ditch attempt to save their skins from a close to inevitable fate. Rather save the £36 and get something new from Shopto or similar.

Nice try GAME, but seriously. Whomever thought of this idea needs their giblets extracted and fed to them with a glass of milk.

Edit: Did see this comment and laughed

So we're now at the point where we need a season pass for buying games.

I guess it's true with this abysmal decision/offer.

Edited by Jimbob

Link here

Basically, for a small fee of £36 a year (£33 if you join now, get 1 month free), you get more.

So, that's 10% extra points for all physical games, merchandise and accessories. You also get 4% extra for consoles, VR, phones and tablets and an additional 2% extra on digital purchases and pre-owned.

Also on top of that, you get exclusive offers on games, products etc.

Help me out here Jimbob, I'm getting scared, where's the bit of at the end of your post ripping this scheme to shreds and calling forth a plague of locusts to carry away GAME upper management?

I hardly ever buy anything from GAME anymore. I'm either getting it online or from the Game Center down the street, they're always atleast 10% cheaper.

Help me out here Jimbob, I'm getting scared, where's the bit of at the end of your post ripping this scheme to shreds and calling forth a plague of locusts to carry away GAME upper management?

Damn, i knew i forgot something. Edited it in for amusement.

Sorry, it's been a long week.

I'm sure you will have to buy like 10 full priced games from GAME for this to be even worth it.

A bit of a rip off in my view and certainly something I won't be buying.

So, instead of saving 20% by shopping elsewhere, I can pay a yearly subscription and get 10% back in credit that I can only spend at GAME?

How the average trip to Game goes for me:

Walk in.

Look for any figures or miscellaneous crap for impulse buys.

Find nothing worth buying.

Look at games in case of any bargains.

Walk out disappointed.

Go to CEX.

Literally every time. I honestly can't remember the last time I bought anything from Game. Their prices are ridiculous and they offer nothing that I can't get online.

Their new shops with the cyber cafe style computers, tournaments and stuff seems like it could be a good idea, but again, it personally still gives me very little motive to go.

Does anybody who works higher up at Game actually have an active interest in video games? They seem completely tone deaf to what the consumer actually wants and rather than trying the expand their consumer base they just try their hardest to fleece the increasingly limited number of customers that actually spend money there.