NEurope
The Mole

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe League 2017

6 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Wow. What was going on in you head @Glen-i when you thought up this one. 😋 Also can we confirm that going backwards for that amount of time won’t make the game disconnect you. I’m sure I’ve been disconnected from online races before for standing still for too long. 

You kinda have to be at least a bit mental to be an artist. So, you know. That helps.

I'm pretty sure that happens when you don't input any action for a certain amount of time. So it should be fine, seeing as everyone will be actively going backwards at all times.

If you or anyone else is up for helping me with a test reverse run (I suggest Baby Park) some time tonight, that'd be helpful. Just to make sure.

Edited by Glen-i

Can't make it tonight unfortunately. Shame because this theme is the best one I've seen. I'll be waiting for the highlights 😁

@Glen-i I will open the room up at around 19:30 so we can have a test run to make sure there’s no issues. Anyone else who can make it that early are welcome to join. 

Next League Night: Tonight 8pm

57d8Oxy.png

Group 1 @BowserBasher is host

@BowserBasher

@martinist

@punio75

@viceview51

@RedShell

@S.C.G

Due to an unfortunate last-minute snafu, Glen-i cannot participate tonight (meaning that I get a full screen to myself! HUZZAH! :yay:)

Are you guys ready for the craziliest, ridiculousliest, most utterly stupid night in MK League history?  I know I am! :D 

I will open the room up at around 19:30 so we can have a test run to make sure there’s no issues. Anyone else who can make it that early are welcome to join. 

@BowserBasher I will take Glen-i's place here and do the test with you at 19:30 :) (Make sure you select the four courses me and Glen-i chose for tonight's GP)

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1

Bugger! The game won’t let us do it :( Looks like we’re gonna have to change plans and make it a pure player’s choice night...

Let’s do another test race to rule out connection issues anyway.

Edited by Dcubed

Yeah, it’s definitely something built into the game that stops you doing it sadly...

Sigh... Players Choice it is then... Hang on a tick...

Edited by Dcubed

Lol! It kicks you out even if you’re the only person doing it! I’m now forced to spectate you two!

Ahh well, it was a fun dream while it lasted.

Due to the game deciding to be an arse, we sadly have to drop the Backwards Racing theme for tonight.  It turns out that the game automatically disconnects you if you try it, just as if you don't press anything.

I know, I know, I'm as absolutely livid about it as you too :( 

Next League Night: Tonight 8pm

2016%20PC_zpsfsuyodr8.jpg

Group 1 @BowserBasher is host

@BowserBasher

@martinist

@punio75

@viceview51

@RedShell

@S.C.G

So we're going with the good ol' End of Month tradition!

See you all at 20:00!

Edited by Dcubed

Well, it was a shame we couldn’t do the reverse racing idea, but that was an entertaining final league night regardless. It’s been great playing with you lot again and I hope it will continue next year! We definitely need to do another “Smart Steering” GP at some point too. ;)

Cheers everyone!

:peace:

• Thanks 1

THE RESULTS!!

GP1: DRmQ_6dU8AA1Crm.jpg

GP2: DRmRFRmVQAAtcyq.jpg

GP3: DRmRKTeU8AA5yMW.jpg

It’s a shame that we couldn’t get Backwards Racing working tonight, but I had a fun time regardless!

It’s not often that we get a 3 way tie for 1st place, but we got it tonight!

As for me? I had a strange mix of beautiful skill and beautiful fail (you’ll see why when I post my highlights later on).

It’s been a great League guys! Here’s hoping I see you all again next year here too! :peace:

@Glen-i will post the results over the weekend.  I can’t wait to see how things get shaken up!

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 2

Great little end to the league. Had a pretty mediocre night with some screwy finishes. One of the Baby Park races I was first going into the last corner and finished third. 

If if anyone is up for a round or two next Thursday, I’ll have the room open as normal. 

Here're my highlights!

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

A fun night to be sure! :peace:

• Haha 4

Shame about the "No Fun Allowed" police stepping in there, but apart from that, things seem to have gone smoothly.

That magic Boomerang just might be one of the jammiest things I've seen in Mario Kart lately.

But here we are, the end of the Mini League. What have we learned from this utter shambles?

• Some people are such Teacher's Pets, that they will happily lower their average in order to keep that perfect attendance.
  • Inward drift is far too advanced for you nonces.
  • Driving backwards is somehow against the rules.
  • It will take years to exhaust the internet's supply of Fresh Prince GIF's (Assuming a certain someone doesn't just make more)
  • I've done more accounting in 3 months than I've ever done in my life.
  • Smart Steering is named ironically. Because everyone here becomes on average 43% dumber with it on.
  • If @RedShell fires something backwards at the finish line, there's an 80% chance it'll hit me.
  • @Nicktendo and I make such an impression that no-one votes for us.
  • Mushrooms Only races work surprisingly well.

But most importantly...

Spoiler

3rd Place

avatar2544_13.thumb.gif.a2b73ca65ac82d54

@Nicktendo takes third place. With an average score of 38.8 and an attendance of exactly 50%. Despite his placing, he managed to claim the highest win percentage (Well, along with another player)

2nd Place

HNI_0036.thumb.JPG.485220abee1db393900ec

It's meeeee! Average score of 39.7 and the highest sheer amount of points (1669). I'm one of only two people in the league actually using motion controls.

1st Place

b884.thumb.gif.15ab79120e68ed8bca6b292a2

But @RedShell is the ultimate winner of grace and glory. He certainly hadn't lost his touch after his hiatus from the league. His average score of 40.8 and with the same win percentage as Nicktendo (38%) kept him just above me and I am certainly not upset and I'm certainly not planning on him having an "Accident" next year. Best known for using items at the end of the race purely for funnies. Which is the best reason to use items. Well done and all that!

Here's the table for the final results. People with an attendance of lower than 33% were discounted.

hu4XPav.png

But wait! It's time for a whole bunch of special awards! Because who needs to be amazing at Mario Kart?

Spoiler

giphy.gif

This honour goes to the person who got the most 2nd places in GP's. Because who wants to get hit by that blue missile anyway?

This year's 2nd place wonder is me! Which probably isn't that surprising really.

Spoiler

Ia2fcQs.png

This award is for the goody two-shoes who attended every single GP. Even when they got disconnected, they soldiered on regardless, damn the averages.

@S.C.G and @punio75 are the winners this time. @martinist gets a honourable mention for getting over 90% attendance.

Spoiler

DyAcuk0.gif

This award goes to the two people who had the smallest difference in their averages. Who would win out of these two was anyone's guess.

@BowserBasher and @viceview51 are the two winners of this award, with a minuscule 0.3 point difference. Dayum!

I want to thank everyone who took part, the league would be pretty damn boring if you lot didn't take part. And let's face it, you put up with some really stupid ideas without much complaining.

I especially want to thank @BowserBasher for hosting the rooms each week, suggesting a few themes and dealing with my more demanding themes. You made my life a lot easier.

I should also give special thanks to @Dcubed, for letting me use his Switch and copy of MK8D in the first place. As well as inspiring a few ideas for theme nights.

And finally, thanks to previous League Boss @The Mole for giving me all the files and stuff I needed to take over this league.

As for next year, 25th January is when the 2018 League will start. I will open a new thread around a week before it starts. I hope to see you all there.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Epic post @Glen-i, great stuff. And thanks to you, @BowserBasher and everyone that takes part for keeping this fantastic N-E tradition going. :bowdown:

Pretty sure everyone knows I’m only IN! for the funnies (as you so perfectly put it :hehe:) but having said that, it is nice to finally win one of these. :D Very much looking forward to even more N-E MK League shenanigans next year!

:peace:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2