NEurope
The Mole

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe League 2017

Bell subway was like driving with magnets on the cars and trains but when you try to put the same ends together. Just couldn’t hit the trains. 

I can easily say that was both the worst and best night of the league ever. So much craziness and unpredictable driving comes from having the assist on when you know the courses like the back of your hand and drive them a certain way. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

OK, I think I peaked too soon with my Death Themes. Didn't expect that to be so hilarious. Bloody hell!

Oh, and I lost my focus as soon as @Dcubed showed me that incredibly apt video. Laughed through half a race.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

From a really bad week to a really good week. two 3rd's and a 1st for once in a long while.

Bloody fantastic night! Couldn’t have wished for better/worse!

Couldn’t stop :laughing: all throughout!

Edited by Dcubed
  • Haha 6

I gonna trawl through a hell of a lot of MKTV footage, the highlight possibilities are endless.

But we already came across a pretty spectacular one.

• Haha 3

Boy, have I got some silliness for you! Far too many people to mention in this lot.

Spoiler

@S.C.G there, trick shotting himself.

Lag is a funny beast.

@RedShell, it's bad enough we perform symmetrical violence on Splatoon! Don't start bringing it to Mario Kart!

• Haha 3

Here are the results

GP1

DP8dM2UU8AEMTqU.jpg:large

GP2

DP8dUfoU8AAjX44.jpg:large

GP3

DP8dcJHUIAAbVRl.jpg:large

And here's the current table.

vtgyQUE.png

The top 3 racers all went down in average this week. Guess we're too dumb for Smart Steering. Or we're laughing too much. @S.C.G claims his first 2nd place, meaning that everyone who is over the minimum attendance requirement (33%) has placed second at least once. @BowserBasher becomes the 4th member of the "1000 point club" which has exactly the same amount of benefits, after you minus 1,000...

I feel like now is a good time to inform y'all that this Mini League will have it's last night on the 21st of December. I will continue running the league into 2018, assuming I don't get a vote of no confidence. This means there are 3 more league nights this year.

Here's next week's Disastrous December Death Theme. Just don't expect it to be as insane as this week. Not even I predicted that.

Next League Night: 7th December 8pm

plhl8FD.png

Room 1: @BowserBasher is host

@Glen-i

@BowserBasher

@martinist

@punio75

@viceview51

Still to declare

@S.C.G

@RedShell

@Blade

@Vileplume2000

@Nicktendo

This week's gimmick no-one asked for is Team Races.

Far too much competition going on here, I want to see some competitive co-operation this time. So for this night, you'll be split up into two teams. Here's the rundown on how this will go down...

1. Team members will be determined solely by my discretion. I will be aiming to split the two teams as balanced and fairly as possible going by the current placings on the table. (So for example, RedShell and I will not be on the same team)
  2. Points will still be earned depending on your placing. So coming 1st will still be the highest scoring method.
  3.  At the end of each GP, each member of the team with the most points will earn BONUpoints.
  4. In the case of an odd number of entrants, CPU's will fill in the blank spaces. The team with the lower amount of human racers will have the highest place CPU added to their Team's Total score.

For the sake of ease for @BowserBasher and me, I'd like you all to declare yourself in as soon as possible. I'll be posting the team members on this thread at around 7pm.

If you have any questions or don't understand something, just ask me.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 2

Oh, BTW! One more thing that @Dcubed may have come up with that's too perfect for this night.

In case it wasn't obvious, Four Swords is the inspiration for this night.

So for one week only, we're holding a vote. A vote for the...

SkIM3tf.png &Zi2T9Cc.png

In possibly the stupidest move ever conceived. Each team will hold a vote on which member was a total Team Player and which member was an Utter Jerk.

After the night, I will ask each racer to send me a PM stating which person on their team is worthy of the Hero of Light title and which one deserves to be shamed as the Hero of Darkness.

Let me hit you with the lowdown...

1. You will gain a few points for each "Hero of Light" vote you receieve.
  2. On the other hand, you will lose a few points for each "Hero of Darkness" vote you receieve.
  3. You will not be able to vote for people on the opposite team as you. So don't even bother, they're meant to be jerks to you!
  4. You can't vote for yourself.
  5. You can't vote for the same person twice. So no voting the same bloke as Hero of Light and Hero of Darkness.
  6. Refusal or failure to vote 3 days after this Thursday will result in a penalty to your score.
  7. And I can't really stop you from doing this, but don't just vote for the highest scoring players just because they're the highest scoring. That's mean and ruins the fun. Be honest with who was nice and who wasn't.

And that's that. Please declare yourself in as soon as possible.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, bob said:

Vote: Hero of Darkness = Glen-i

Sorry, you haven't registered to vote yet.

You can't just not do the paperwork! That's not how society functions!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

Once in a lifetime opportunity...going to tentatively put myself down as IN for next week!

Wahey! Great to see you get IN! on the fun at last! :peace:

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1

Awesome theme. @Glen-i Are you sure though that we can split the people in to teams like that in the game. I’m sure it’s all random. Or are we in teams but the races are still normal races but you will sort out team scores. 

Edited by BowserBasher

9 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

Awesome theme. @Glen-i Are you sure though that we can split the people in to teams like that in the game. I’m sure it’s all random. Or are we in teams but the races are still normal races but you will sort out team scores. 

You and I think alike, you basically have my backup plan all figured out.

I should check though, just to be ready.

EDIT: Heh, I forgot that I can't test a room when no-one else joins, even with 2 players.

But yeah, if it does choose teams at random, we'll just do normal races and I'll recalculate the scores as appropriate. As well as post the Team Layouts an hour before we start.

Edited by Glen-i

On ‎01‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 8:03 AM, Glen-i said:

Next League Night: Tonight 8pm

plhl8FD.png

Room 1: @BowserBasher is host

@Glen-i

@BowserBasher

@martinist

@punio75

@viceview51

@S.C.G

@RedShell

@Clownferret

@Kaepora_Gaebora (Maybe)

Still to declare

@Blade

@Vileplume2000

Yeah, I only have access to a tablet at the mo, so quoting myself out of necessity.

A few heads up, the game doesn't let you freely choose team members online, so BowserBasher, we'll have to do normal races and use our imaginations to visualise the team members. If we end up with an odd amount of players, than add Hard CPU's to the mix.

Kaepora Gaepora, I understand if you can't, but if you could confirm whether you'll be in before 7pm, that'd be swell.

Team members will be revealed at around 7pm, so keep an eye on this thread.