NEurope
The Mole

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe League 2017

Well that was a pretty bad night for me. Doesn't help when you're doing well and then all of a sudden you get totally destroyed by items again and again sending you from 2nd to 8th time and time again.

Here are the results.

GP1

DPWfMyzUIAAmV6d.jpg

GP2

DPWfUv8UEAA_mOG.jpg:large

GP3

DPWfckHV4AEf2wn.jpg:large

Table and theme will be up soon.

tenor.gif

Especially the theme

In the meantime, here are mine and @Dcubed's highlights. He's on the left, I'm on the right. @viceview51 and @punio75 also have an unfortunate moment here.

Spoiler

Highlights involving both screens

Highlight focusing on Dcubed (Left Screen)

Highlights focusing on me (Right Screen)

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

5xigJ6c.png

No major changes, but an awful lot of drops and rises in averages. As @Nicktendo noted, he finally got a second placing! Imagine ending the year with that gap!? Close call.

We're getting to the home stretch now, and it might seem like the results are all but decided, so in a possible catastrophic move, I present to you.

Glen-i's Disastrous December Death Themes!

I hope you're ready for completely unnecessary, gimmick-y themes that no-one will ever like. Because I sure am! And we're doing them all month. This first theme is based on an idea from @Dcubed

Next League Night: 30th November 8pm

a8205N2.png

Room 1 @BowserBasher is host

@Glen-i

@BowserBasher

@martinist

@punio75

@viceview51

As you no doubt must have noticed, this week's gimmick no-one asked for is Smart Steering. This is completely mandatory and must be used. Don't think I won't notice, because I will check all of the replays for that antenna and if I see someone not playing ball, they'll come last for that race.

And just to cover my bases, here's how you turn on Smart Steering.

Alternate Parts

P-Wing - Use the Circuit Special

Cyber Slick - Use the slick tyres

Wario Wing - Use the Plane Glider

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 24/11/2017 at 4:22 PM, Glen-i said:

As you no doubt must have noticed, this week's gimmick no-one asked for is Smart Steering.

:laughing: Should be interesting as I've not used Smart Steering at all. Gonna ruin the 0% stat on my profile but what the hell, it sounds like a laugh! So count me...

kTOei6t.gif

Fresh Prince x Mario Kart totally needs to happen for real. :grin:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, RedShell said:

:laughing: Should be interesting as I've not used Smart Steering at all. Gonna ruin the 0% stat on my profile but what the hell, it sounds like a laugh! So count me...

kTOei6t.gif

Isn't it possible to use a different profile, while having the parts unlocked?

9 minutes ago, viceview51 said:

Not sure, don’t think so though.

Sounds like an interesting theme. Nearly thought I wasn’t going to make it this week as our modem blew last Friday and we’ve only just got the new one today. 

But im in and hosting as usual. 

• Like 1

Next League Night: Tonight 8pm

a8205N2.png

Room 1: @BowserBasher is host

@Glen-i

@BowserBasher

@martinist

@punio75

@viceview51

@S.C.G

@RedShell

Still to declare

@Nicktendo

@Blade

@Vileplume2000

Alternate Parts

P-Wing - Use the Circuit Special

Cyber Slick - Use the slick tyres

Wario Wing - Use the Plane Glider

On 11/27/2017 at 6:19 PM, viceview51 said:

On 11/27/2017 at 6:30 PM, RedShell said:

Not sure, don’t think so though.

No, you can't. Unless you're the second player joining a room. So for example, when I play with @Dcubed, I use my profile, but I have access to his parts... that I mostly unlocked. Cool little thing, the coins I collect playing as his guest get added to my file.

Anyway, just a small, tiny, subtle reminder.

SMART STEERING IS MANDATORY!

I will check MKTV for anyone who is not using it. If I find anyone is not using it, they will come last for that race. You've been warned.

Smart steering is pretty much going to kill all shortcuts, right. Or can mushrooms overcome the power of smart steering?

Even with mushrooms smart steering will stop you from going over all non-track objects I think.

Be warned, this night is going to mess with you so much. I’ve been playing some GP’s with this on and it just messes you up. Every route you know in each track is going to be messed with. Those little places that you could hop over a corner, well the steering assist says ‘NO’. Shortcuts, you better activate that mushroom at the precise moment or tat assist is going to kick in and ruin it. 200cc didn’t even feel that fast as it seems to break a lot for you. 

3 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Be warned, this night is going to mess with you so much. I’ve been playing some GP’s with this on and it just messes you up. Every route you know in each track is going to be messed with. Those little places that you could hop over a corner, well the steering assist says ‘NO’. Shortcuts, you better activate that mushroom at the precise moment or tat assist is going to kick in and ruin it. 200cc didn’t even feel that fast as it seems to break a lot for you. 

That's the beauty of it. It's going to feel VERY different.

3 minutes ago, Clownferret said:

Was in until I saw 200cc.

I'm free Thursdays now so will get back into this.

With steering assist on its not like a normal 200cc race, you should join. 

Looks great fun but I'm out tonight! Been feeling feverish all week so I avoid watching to much screens in the evening to save some headaches. Enjoy!

On 27/11/2017 at 5:05 PM, RedShell said:

kTOei6t.gif

OUTSTANDING GIF! :D 

Bravo! :bowdown:

• Thanks 1