NEurope
The Mole

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe League 2017

1 minute ago, BowserBasher said:

Had a scare just now. Switch would come on but not show anything on screen apart from the menu when you press the home button. Even pressing and holding power wouldn’t let me restart the console. Luckily force shutting down by holding the power button for a longer time worked. 

I had this same issue a couple of times in the past 2 weeks! Was going to ask if more people had it but I forgot. I hope it is fixed with the update now. To me it happened after I installed Robonauts. I removed it now just in case and did not have the problem anymore. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RedShell said:

@Glen-i, are amiibo costumes cool for tonight's session?

Please say yes:

Wnn3w3w.jpg

:laughing:

See you lot at 8!

Yes, I'm allowing amiibo's, but there'll be exclusions.

The following Amiibo costumes will not be allowed.

• Captain Falcon
  • Rosalina
  • Samus
  • Splatoon

These cover the face in a meaningful way, which completely ruins the point of tonight. Sorry, @S.C.G

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Next Fly League Night: Tonight 8pm

tOdRBr1.png

Crew 1 @BowserBasher is Room Gangsta

@Glen-i as Ashley

@BowserBasher as Will

@martinist as Jazz

@punio75 as Carlton

@viceview51 as Jazz

@RedShell as Geoffrey

@Dcubed as Uncle Phil

@S.C.G as Will

@nekunando as Aunt Viv

@Vileplume2000 as Hilary

Still to claim turf

@Nicktendo

@Sméagol

With me bigging up Ashley, we officially have one of every Mii tonight! That's dope!

5ae11f5088281dec4b62995aaadb2bb6.gif

Public Safety Announcements

The Switch and MK8D recently got some meaningful updates. So allow some time to update your console and game.

Or you could just update both Mario Kart and your Switch now. Yeah, you should do that.

• Captain Falcon
  • Rosalina
  • Samus
  • Splatoon

Spoiler

Bounder - Available from the start

GLA Wheels - Standard Tires have the same stats

Peach Parasol - MKTV Parafoil has the same stats. If you don't have that either, use the Parafoil.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Yes, I'm allowing amiibo's, but there'll be exclusions.

• Captain Falcon
  • Rosalina
  • Samus
  • Splatoon

These cover the face in a meaningful way, which completely ruins the point of tonight. Sorry, @S.C.G

Oh... OK then. :(

*pretends to be gutted*

Nah, it's actually cool because I'll be rockin' a comletely different Mii outfit which is more in keeping with the era. :)

I had some other plans, but I'm too tired to go out. But I can't make a good Mii in 10 minutes it seems. Was going for new Viv like Nekunando, but can't find suitable hair. Oh well. have fun, don't forget to make videos!

We're still waiting for the other Jazz... I don't know which one though.

Edited by Glen-i

That was hilarious. Some great racing in the final GP. I have a few captures I’ll upload later. Anyone else find it hard to press the capture button though when racing so fast?

• Like 1

Here are your results y'all!

GP1

DMhotLyU8AAILgz.jpg:large

GP2

DMhox7ZUQAAHFT0.jpg:large

GP3

DMho3OXUEAAKCoL.jpg:large

Great night! Thanks to everyone for doing your bit! Table and Next Theme will be up sometime tomorrow.

Meanwhile, here you go @bob

DMho7wUVQAAFwBG.jpg:large

And you're damn right I got some choice moments recorded with the new Switch recording feature. Very slick! I'm on the right and @Dcubed is on the left.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

That was hilarious. Some great racing in the final GP. I have a few captures I’ll upload later. Anyone else find it hard to press the capture button though when racing so fast?

Not with motion controls and automatic acceleration, super easy when your thumb is always free. I love automatic acceleration!

45 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Yeah, absolutely brilliant. :)

It can be pretty tricky to find the capture button during gameplay (using traditional controls at least) especially at 200cc! :hehe: I managed to grab one particular clip mid-game though, where a Green Shell decided to act like a Red one. AKA major lag. :D Will post it later.

Anyway, cheers everyone. That was a great laugh! Good job recreating the Miis too.

:peace:

*EDIT*

Lag Shell :heh::

Geoffrey, Blue Shell dodging like a boss :cool::

*EDIT 2*

Wow. Switch captures do not look good at that size. :laughing:

Edited by RedShell
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

It may be compression.

Try uploading the original files to youtube, or even leave them as is. I heard the original files are "ok", though I haven't checked myself yet.

Lag Shell looks like a Photoshop job! It's not even spinning! Quality stuff!

BTW, @martinist or @viceview51, which one of you was the Jazz who took part?

Edited by Glen-i

Fuck! my attendance!

Set an alarm for 7:45pm but it didn't go off, got too caught up in fractured but whole. Was 10:30pm before I noticed

Fuck!

@Glen-i it was Viceview51

Edited by martinist
  • Thanks 1

On 19/10/2017 at 1:01 PM, BowserBasher said:

Had a scare just now. Switch would come on but not show anything on screen apart from the menu when you press the home button. Even pressing and holding power wouldn’t let me restart the console. Luckily force shutting down by holding the power button for a longer time worked. 

Remeber to to get your Switch and Game updated guys. I’ll be there Racing as Will in a Kirby suit. 

Same exact thing happened to me last week. Happened again when I turned my Switch on just now to update it.

Hopefully the update fixes it.

You know what? Whenever I say something is going to be up, just ignore me, OK? I got way into Mystic Quest last night.

Here's the current table. 

oWGgHHl.png

@Vileplume2000 makes a re-entry by increasing his average. @punio75 loses 6th place to @martinist, the past couple of weeks have been rough on him. @RedShell's lead has decreased a bit since last week. He still maintains his 100% Top 3 streak though.

With @martinist getting too into playing very rude and naughty games, only @S.C.G and @punio75 have a 100% attendance now. Who'll be first to crack? Or disconnect and decide not to keep their scores? Same thing.

We've had some pretty wacky themes lately, so I think it's time for a Player's Choice... with a @BowserBasher twist. It's time for...

r4HhqmT.png

Baby Monsters!

Nothing says immature quite like bloody Comic Sans! It's insulting to even type that!

So, a quick explanation. You're free to choose any vehicle you like, as long as it's a Quad. That choice will no doubt be very important, not to mention that the babies themselves also have different stats. It might be worth experimenting and finding a setup you're not dreadful with. Remember that you can press +/- on the vehicle selection screen to see stats.

So what vehicles are Quads I hear you cry?

100px-StandardATVBodyMK8.png 100px-WildWigglerBodyMK8.png100px-TeddyBuggyBodyMK8.png100px-MK8BoneRattler.png100px-MK8DX_Splat_Buggy.png100px-MK8DX_Inkstriker.png

From Left to right:

• Standard Quad
  • Wild Wiggler
  • Teddy Buggy
  • Bone Rattler
  • Splat Buggy
  • Inkstriker

Group 1 @BowserBasher is host

@Glen-i

@BowserBasher

@martinist

@punio75

@viceview51

• Like 3

IIIIINNNNN!!!IIIIINNNNN!!!IIIIINNNNN!!!IIIIINNNNN!!!IIIIINNNNN!!!IIIIINNNNN!!!IIIIINNNNN!!!IIIIINNNNN...

Edited by Dcubed
  • Haha 1