NEurope
The Mole

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe League 2017

Well, I don't know about you lot but @Dcubed and I thoroughly enjoyed itemless coin runners. Where 73 points gets you in last place.

Results will be posted later on tonight. Or tomorrow. When I get the laptop to myself.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

So apparently there are coins in Luigi’s Mansion, not sure where though. :laughing: Apart from that, I thought no items coin running was pretty fun. I like the sound of the crown appearing and disappearing of my character’s head every single second too. :heh:

So glad to be taking part in this and racing with you guys again, nothing beats N-E MK for entertainment value. :cheeky:

:peace:

• Like 3

Well it wasn’t that bad. I’m just not used to any battle modes and having to constantly check the map to see where I should go was not the greatest thing for me. 

Right, here are the results and table. No screenshots because of a mixture of disconnects and Battle mode.

ndXGqpo.png                 J4rQODm.png                 5hum57z.png

8NDaaQi.png

@Vileplume2000 has been temporarily removed due to Gray's Anatomy binge. No, hang on. That can't be right... Oh right, 3 week absence.

The obvious change is @viceview51 and @punio75 switching places. An interesting tidbit. Everyone's (Those who took part) averages went up... Except for @BowserBasher and me. I tell you, they have no respect for the higher ups.

@RedShell continues his Top 3 streak for the 3rd week in a row.

BowserBasher has sent me a theme, but I may hold it off for a week if RedShell sends me certain things before Sunday. No rush, we could always do it the week after if you don't have the time.

Either way, the theme will be posted by Sunday.

• Thanks 1

And of course, my first, and most likely only victory, is in something as ridiculous as itemless coin runners.. :shakehead :indeed: :peace:

23 hours ago, Glen-i said:

BowserBasher has sent me a theme, but I may hold it off for a week if RedShell sends me certain things before Sunday. No rush, we could always do it the week after if you don't have the time.

Well, I made these Fresh Prince Miis on the Switch:

Zj0Nzlv.jpg

(it's not easy to make a good Will Mii without using the eyebrow "ears" trick, although you probably wouldn't see them in the MK helmet anyway :heh:)

But then realised that there's actually no way to get them off my Switch other than via amiibo or local wireless with another Switch... :indeed: In fact, there doesn't seem to be any way to get Miis on to a Switch other than those methods either! :eek: So yeah, kinda messes with the plan a bit.

Guess we could still do the theme, but everyone will have to acquire/create their own Miis for it. ::shrug:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

I think those shots should be good enough to recreate them on everyone's Switch.  It'll be a bit of a pain, but not too hard (and any small variation will probably be hard to notice during actual gameplay anyway).

Plus you only need to recreate the one you want to play as anyway (I bagsies Uncle Phil, he looks SPOT ON! :grin:)

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Well, I made these Fresh Prince Miis on the Switch:

But then realised that there's actually no way to get them off my Switch other than via amiibo or local wireless with another Switch... :indeed: In fact, there doesn't seem to be any way to get Miis on to a Switch other than those methods either! :eek: So yeah, kinda messes with the plan a bit.

Guess we could still do the theme, but everyone will have to acquire/create their own Miis for it. ::shrug:

Oh wow, I just assumed there was a QR code option. (I only just remembered that Switch doesn't have a camera, the things you take for granted...) But, yeah. No other way! Such a shame, because these look amazing!

Hmmm...

I guess the easiest way for people who don't want to recreate these is if you could make these on the WiiU/3DS and use the QR code feature there and use the amiibo method. But at that point, you might as well just recreate one of yours. It'd take less time. And you already put so much effort.

OK, time to get some mentions out.

@martinist, @Sméagol, @viceview51, @punio75, @BowserBasher, @S.C.G, @Nicktendo

Fxq3SVB.png

Your employer needs you to actually do some work! RedShell has made some great Miis, now it's your turn.

It shouldn't be hard to recreate one of those Mii's close enough for Mario Kart. So come on, put some damn effort in for once. I mean, what am I paying you for!?

Of course, don't bother if you're not actually going to take part this week. That's just silly.

If you're up for one hell of a 90's throwback, declare yourself IN! along with which member of the Banks Family (Or Will/Geoffrey) you want to represent. It'd be nice to try and get as many different Mii's in here, so I'll take whoever has the least. Do this ASAP! Then recreate the Mii on your Switch.

I'll be posting the theme shortly.

• Thanks 2

IN!

giphy.gif

BTW, when making Miis remember to keep the height/weight sliders at their default setting. That's what I did for all of those above (yes, even uncle Phil :grin:) as that way everyone obviously has the same racing stats.

• Thanks 3

r7XnUji.gif

I'm Uncle Phil, in case it wasn't obvious enough. Looking forward to seeing how the track selection turns out...

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Next Fly League Night: 19th October 8pm

tOdRBr1.png

Crew 1 @BowserBasher is Room Gangsta

@Glen-i

@BowserBasher (Will)

@martinist (Jazz)

@punio75 (Carlton)

@viceview51

@RedShell (Geoffrey)

@Dcubed (Uncle Phil)

@S.C.G (Will)

Still to claim turf

@Nicktendo

@Sméagol

So this is a story all about how, the League got flip turned upside down.
So I'd like to take a minute to do my part, and explain to you The Fresh Theme of Mario Kart.

This very thread's where the idea raised, Mario Kart was how we rolled on Thursdays. 
Chillin' out, maxin', relaxin' all cool, getting blue shell'd every minute by some fool.
Just posting the results, I'd gone down a place. And I decided to put a smile on your face.
I posted one little GIF and you all piled on, and now I've got a theme to fall back upon.

I whistled for some Mii's and RedShell made Eight, he did a bangin' job, yeah, they look pretty great.
I chose a vehicle setup which is pretty fair, it mixes 90's hiphop with the poshness of Bel-Air
The League Night starts at about 8, make sure you get your Mii's made before it's too late.
When you've done that, I'll see you all there, for the theme based solely on The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air!

Wasted an hour thinking that up...

This Theme requires a bit of an effort on your part, RedShell made some awesome Mii's up above. But there's no simple way to transfer them to your Switch, so here's what you do.

1. Declare yourself IN! and mention which Fresh Prince character you're going to play as. It's OK if you choose the same as someone else.
  2. Go to the Mii Maker on your Switch. (It's in the settings menu)
  3. Using RedShell's pictures as a reference, try your best to recreate your chosen Mii. Be sure to keep the weight and height sliders at their default position so everyone weighs the same on Mario Kart. 
  4. I can't remember if the Mii's name overwrites the user account in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, so just to be safe, incorporate your name into the Mii. For Example, "GeoffShell" or "UncleCubed" so I can tell who's who.

Shouldn't take more than 10 minutes. Just remember to use the position tabs in each facial feature to fine tune the Mii.

Edited by Glen-i
Changed the first track on GP3 to Royal Raceway, accidently posted 2 Toad's Turnpikes.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Glen-i said:

So this is a story all about how, the League got flip turned upside down.
So I'd like to take a minute to do my part, and explain to you The Fresh Theme of Mario Kart.

This very thread's where the idea raised, Mario Kart was how we rolled on Thursdays. 
Chillin' out, maxin', relaxin' all cool, getting blue shell'd every minute by some fool.
Just posting the results, I'd gone down a place. And I decided to put a smile on your face.
I posted one little GIF and you all piled on, and now I've got a theme to fall back upon.

I whistled for some Mii's and RedShell made Eight, he did a bangin' job, yeah, they look pretty great.
I chose a vehicle setup which is pretty fair, it mixes 90's hiphop with the poshness of Bel-Air
The League Night starts at about 8, make sure you get your Mii's made before it's too late.
When you've done that, I'll see you all there, for the theme based solely on The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air!

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Brilliant. :bowdown:

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, martinist said:

IN

I'll be puting together a Jazz

Huh... I thought you wanted Uncle Phil... Just to make sure, it's totally fine if multiple people choose the same character.

Nah it's fine. Would look wierd if everyone was main cast.

Besides, I already made the mii lol see you guys on Thursday

• Like 1

On 10/13/2017 at 10:48 AM, Glen-i said:

@Vileplume2000 has been temporarily removed due to Gray's Anatomy binge. No, hang on. That can't be right... Oh right, 3 week absence.

Hey, who says one is not related with the other? I mean how many seasons are there of Grey's Anatomy? Can take 3 weeks to watch it all. :D

Yeah was not able to join due to various reasons. I love this week's team however so I will try to join! I will create any of the ladies for balance.

• Haha 1

Can I just say that the last few posts have been incredible.

That Geoffrey Mii is the bees knees!

I demand screen shots of the starting line!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I'm going for Jazz. It's ok to participate although I don't have the peach parachute? What's the alternative?

Had a scare just now. Switch would come on but not show anything on screen apart from the menu when you press the home button. Even pressing and holding power wouldn’t let me restart the console. Luckily force shutting down by holding the power button for a longer time worked. 

Remeber to to get your Switch and Game updated guys. I’ll be there Racing as Will in a Kirby suit. 

• Like 1