NEurope
The Mole

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe League 2017

Oopsies! Got way too distracted playing SNES Mini last night. Might have ironically been playing some Super Mario Kart with @Dcubed. Thankfully, @BowserBasher took great initiative and saved my bacon, this is why he's second in command. I'd promote you but then I'd be out of a job. So, 10% pay rise, I guess.

Seems like it went relatively smoothly. I've got the next theme ready, but I'll post it once I get the results from BowserBasher.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Oopsies! Got way too distracted playing SNES Mini last night. Might have ironically been playing some Super Mario Kart with @Dcubed. Thankfully, @BowserBasher took great initiative and saved my bacon, this is why he's second in command. I'd promote you but then I'd be out of a job. So, 10% pay rise, I guess.

Seems like it went relatively smoothly. I've got the next theme ready, but I'll post it once I get the results from BowserBasher.

Woohoo. Pay rise. What’s 10%of nothing.....drat. :p

ill get the results posted to you later tonight when I get in from work. 

And here's the league table.

dr7ohc2.png

@Clownferret has been temporarily removed because of sudden Griffon Sandwich... Oh wait, no. It's because he's been absent for 3 weeks. Weird.

Because of his high ranking, a lot of people have been defaultly bumped up the rankings, and some people who would have gone down end up staying where they were. Isn't it nice when everyone benefits from...

Wait, is that a red arrow? Who's that next to?

giphy.gif

@RedShell couldn't let me have 2 weeks! You're way too harsh! Anyway, he's on top now, hooray for him, I suppose... He also managed to maintain his Top 3 percentage.

@BowserBasher bounced back from last week's fall and climbed up 4 places. Not much else to say really. Here's next week's theme.

Next League Night: 12th October 8pm

SwI9QZY.png

Group 1 @BowserBasher is host

@Glen-i

@BowserBasher

@martinist

@punio75

@viceview51

Still to declare

@Dcubed

@S.C.G

@Sméagol

@Nicktendo

@RedShell

You ever wonder what happens to a Koopa when it snuffs it? No? Well, that's horrible of you.

Well, anyway, multiple sources have told me that all sorts of dead turtles get together for one last chance at life. Because reincarnation costs money, and you're gong to need to get more than anyone else in...

Dry Bones' Quest for Life!

This theme introduces Itemless Coin Runners to the League. Inspired Genius or misplaced optimism? I dunno, let's find out.

Coin Runners is a very different game when you remove the items, it goes from using items to steal coins, to a frantic race to beat everyone to the punch. Good usage of the map is what will decide winners here.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 2

I Know i'm always in...I just want to join the Fresh Prince gif chain...

JaMoA.gif

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

You don't know how tempted I was to throw the theme out for a Fresh Prince one... How would that even work though?

Three words...Fresh Prince Miis!

dibs on uncle Phill

Edited by martinist
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, martinist said:

Three words...Fresh Prince Miis!

dibs on uncle Phill

If someone supplies me with some QR codes for a selection of those Mii's, I'd be happy to make a theme for that. I'm rubbish at making those kinds of Mii's. I've already got some perfect courses in mind.

OK so my switch just died..

Wnet to check if i had the parts for the race and i wasn't getting the home screen anymore. Held the power button to restart and itJust decided to freeze up. I might end up having to return this.

Looks like i'm out for tonight

EDIT: back on! turn it off and on again...that always works!

forget what i said about my Switch tanking.... I'm still in

Edited by martinist

14 minutes ago, martinist said:

EDIT: back on! turn it off and on again...that always works!

forget what i said about my Switch tanking.... I'm still in

758ba104655a443ba12a2fccdb035ebb.jpg

Obligatory

Still, you reminded me to post alternate parts.

There's no alternate part for the Bone Rattler.

Off-Road or Triforce Tires have the same stats as Retro Off-Road.

Super Glider is available from the start.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

If someone supplies me with some QR codes for a selection of those Mii's, I'd be happy to make a theme for that. I'm rubbish at making those kinds of Mii's. I've already got some perfect courses in mind.

Hehehe! This needs to happen. :D I’m up for having a go at doing the Miis anyway.

See you lot at 8!

:peace:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm gonna have to skip tonight, only just finished work. Once the clocks go back in the UK, I should be in every week. 10pm is just cutting it too fine to get home in time. 

I'll be there.

As always, I have no idea if I have that bike / those tires, if not, I'll just use a bike.

Oh and seriously, change the name of Koopa City on the image..

2 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

Oh and seriously, change the name of Koopa City on the image..

If you can find me a high quality European version of that thumbnail, go right ahead and let me know. Get me Melody Motorway while you're at it.

I've tried to find one, so very much.

comm error on the third race of the first GP... after winning the first race too! :blank:

5 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

@viceview51 OI! Use the correct setup next GP!

I would use the dry bones bike if I had it unlocked. But since it is bothering I'd rather not participate...

4 minutes ago, viceview51 said:

I would use the dry bones bike if I had it unlocked. But since it is bothering I'd rather not participate...

It's fine if you don't have it, just let me know in advance next time. So I can suggest an alternative.

That last GP was a lot more fun than i expected! Looks like we’ve stumbled onto another winning combo!

Great night guys! :peace:

Let’s never play coin runners with no items again. That was horrid. :p

Not a bad night in the race GP’s though. A few bad breaks but generally did pretty ok.