NEurope
The Mole

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe League 2017

Sorry about that... but at least double SNES Battle :)

OK... I deserved that. :p

Edited by S.C.G
  • Like 1

I'll vote for Battle Stadium on Players Choice to make up for it. :)

Yay! Balloon based balance is restored!

Edited by S.C.G
  • Thanks 1

Wow! I just got bumrushed at the end!

That was a really weird night for me.  First it goes spectacularly, then I start getting haunted and I suddenly can't hit anyone for the life of me :p 

Fun as hell though :peace:

Sorry for the delay, got carried away. Here are the GP Results.

AWvLNPk.png       HYgnsJW.png       eB93sqM.png

And here's your League Table

Gwishye.png

First of all, a welcome back to @Clownferret, who decided to make quite the entrance and rocket to third place. Can he hold it? He'll have to put up a fight to deny the fragile average at this point. I discounted your points on the third GP, due to your disconnection. Hence the table saying you only played 2 GP's.

Everyone's (Well, those who took part yesterday) averages went up! But despite that, only a few changes. @The Mole's lead grows smaller after yesterday. @S.C.G manages to move up in the table. Keep it up!

I have an idea for next week's theme. But it'll take some time for it to come together. Keep an eye out, peeps!

Kecleon Fanatic out!

Edited by Glen-i

Who's ready for the next theme? Well, actually, only 4 of us are this time... Next week's theme is:

Next League Night: 21st September 2017

yQXlyhr.png

I'm sure you've noticed something odd about the image above. Allow me to explain. Prepare yourself for...

That Damn Rubberbanding!

NgR1fdQ.gif

Each GP has been handpicked by the three current lowest scoring players, with pretty much no restrictions. Namely, @S.C.G, @Sméagol and @Dcubed In case it wasn't obvious, their avatar indicates what GP they picked.

We've annoyed them, and now we're gonna play the way they want. May Rosalina have mercy on our souls...

Group 1 @BowserBasher is host

@Glen-i

@martinist

@punio75

@BowserBasher

@Dcubed

@S.C.G

@Sméagol

Other Players

@Nicktendo

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The worst track in mario Kart history.. Thanks @Dcubed! :p

Oh and I'll guess I'll keep this avatar until at least Thursday I guess. :p

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

opu0pt.jpg

For what is sure to be the best league nights ever! :D

Loving the track selection there @Dcubed I should have known. ;)

Liking the N64 theme as well @Sméagol :)

My theme was more a case of NES, SNES, N64 and GC...

I know Mario Kart wasn't on the NES but Excitebike was so there's the tenuous link! :peace:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, viceview51 said:

Hello everyone, it's been a while since the old MK league. Are there still places open for this one?

Absolutely, there's always room for a new entry to the League.

It takes place Thursday at 8pm, and you'll need to add @Dcubed's Switch friend code. (0401-9926-5412)

I'm back in now. I ask @The Mole to pass on my absence as I was on holiday the past two weeks. 

I will now be back as always in from this coming week, so @Glen-i feel free to dump the hosting duty back on me if needed. 

• Thanks 1

Oh crap, ehh, I forgot.. I'm not home Thursday evening. There's a Japanese film festival in Rotterdam, I'll be practically living there for 4 days.. Sorry for not realising and mentioning this sooner @Glen-i! If you could move my GP to next week, I'd love that, otherwise, have fun on the N64 tracks without me.

On 9/17/2017 at 7:50 PM, Sméagol said:

Oh crap, ehh, I forgot.. I'm not home Thursday evening. There's a Japanese film festival in Rotterdam, I'll be practically living there for 4 days.. Sorry for not realising and mentioning this sooner @Glen-i! If you could move my GP to next week, I'd love that, otherwise, have fun on the N64 tracks without me.

That's fine, I was kinda wanting to repeat this theme with other people choosing anyway. You've given me a great excuse.

That said, we need a replacement GP, which gives me a golden opportunity to test a idea I didn't want to put on a whole 3 GP's. So here's the updated League Night.

Next League Night: 21st September

cOugvLN.png

Group 1 @BowserBasher is host (Friend Code is 8313-9234-5620)

@Glen-i

@BowserBasher

@martinist

@punio75

@Dcubed

@S.C.G

Other Players

@Nicktendo

@viceview51

Mushrooms Only is precisely that, Mushrooms Only. I chose the tracks that have the most opportunities for you to use those mushrooms for all sorts of corner cutting and shortcuts. The most interesting thing is that coins still show up in this setting, so the closer you are to 1st place, the less likely you are to get those mushrooms. Which has the potential to make this the most balanced setup ever... or the most rubberbandyest GP ever. Which is perfect for "That Damn Rubberbanding" really, so why not?

And one more thing, normally I turn a blind eye to accidental choosing of the wrong track, but considering the whole point of this night is to play exactly how the people choosing tonight's tracks want to play, I have to be very strict.

If you choose the wrong track and it gets picked, you WILL be penalised for that GP.

I can't stress that enough, have the schedule to hand!

Still time to sign up!

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 2

I'm in again too!

[mention=4622]viceview51[/mention]: It usually opens about 5 min before, so in 40 minutes.

12 minutes ago, viceview51 said:

Is the league on for tonight? I'm on, but I don't see a room open.

You’re an hour early. It’s starts at 8pm Uk time. Look for me hosting the room. 

Connection lost? on the pneultimate race?!? screw that! :(

Ah well, aside from that, it was fun.

Edited by S.C.G

Excite Bike track. Pro controler decided to run out of charge and disconnect. Booting me from the room

Woohoo. Had some poor luck on some of those races were I was leading into the last corner and then got pummelled. 

I have no idea how I won that last race in GP3. I must have been way down the field on the start of the last lap then just somehow rocketed round that last lap and won. 

Great games and some fun themes. 

35 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

I have no idea how I won that last race in GP3. I must have been way down the field on the start of the last lap then just somehow rocketed round that last lap and won. 

Baby Park Frantic might as well be a dice roll really. And that's hilarious!

GP1

DKRZC0eU8AA2ARQ.jpg:large

GP2

DKRZI-xUMAA53WF.jpg:large

GP3

DKRZOi7VYAAXLjO.jpg:large

Definitely an interesting night, I think I'm on to a winner with Mushrooms Only, will have to use that in the future.

Finish with some housekeeping.

uZMu4Ca.png        l7X4AOG.png        wkspjmo.png

@martinist The total for your GP1 is 17. After the league recalculation, this makes the points you scored 26. Because of your disconnection, you can choose whether to keep that score or discount it. Let me know ASAP.

@S.C.G The total for your GP3 is 13. After recalculation, this becomes 20. Let me know if you want to keep it.

The next theme and league table will be up when I'm damn well ready.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Glen-i said:

@martinist The total for your GP1 is 17. After the league recalculation, this makes the points you scored 26. Because of your disconnection, you can choose whether to keep that score or discount it. Let me know ASAP.

Keep it

• Thanks 1