NEurope
The Mole

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe League 2017

Right, that's enough of this malarkey! As your new manager, I'll be deciding your inevitable Blue-shell ridden fates. And Mario Kart takes no breaks! Well, except for when it does, and this isn't one of those times.

We're starting fresh! Everyone back to 0 for this Autumn League. Let's see some hustle! Golden opportunity!

Now I just want to assure you that despite this promotion, I won't let it go to my head. I will remain humble. Because it's all about you lot.

On that note, here's the new logo.

dVpx7vY.png

First League Night: Thursday 7th September 8pm

2016%20PC_zpsfsuyodr8.jpg

Group 1

1. @Glen-i

Other Players

@BowserBasher

@S.C.G

@punio75

@Dcubed

@martinist

@King_V

See? I added a colon. The improvements are already showing. Other Players were mentioned going by work attendance in the last league. I'd give you a raise, but I don't pay you anyway. Anyone is free to join though.

I need to get to grips with this fancy Excel Spreadsheet I've been left with, but to do that I need some actual results. So we're starting with a simple Player's Choice. Enjoy it while it lasts.

I suppose I won't fire @BowserBasher from room host, far too much paperwork to go through. Not worth it.

Go ahead and declare yourselves in. And if you want to be in the "Always In" list, let me know.

• Like 2

I take it you won't make Salmon run at 8? :p. Suggest a better time in the thread (like 9, or whatever suits you, being the new organiser and all).

I'm most likely in. I've already decided to watch films like It in the weekend..

• Like 1

Love the "logo", truly a masterpiece of fine craftsmanship!

Luckily for you guys, I'm IN! tonight; meaning that I can screenwatch the hell out of Glen-i and restore balance back to the Scales of League Bias ;)

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1

After passing the league over because I am unavailable Thursdays, I am actually available this week so count me in. Gonna feel so good racing as a competitor and not having to organise anything

Almost got single digits on that last GP, that was close!

GP1

DJJUizdUMAABPMX.jpg:large

GP2

DJJUpaCVwAAqbDw.jpg:large

GP3

DJJUvXnUIAQuYxf.jpg:large

Hope you enjoyed Player's Choice. Because have I got some themes for you!

Now let's see if I can get the league table up properly.

That was probably my worst performance in N-E League history.

Thanks Glen-i! I couldn't have done it without you! :D 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dcubed said:

Thanks Glen-i! I couldn't have done it without you! :D 

LOOK_AT_ALL_THE_FUCKS_I_GIVE.gif?1304869

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Productivity increase on the first bloody week! Having more free time certainly does help! Here's the current table.

mvGLE9X.png

@The Mole takes an early lead, but the averages at this point are very fragile and can easily crumble if something goes horribly wrong for him, (Hint, hint)

@punio75 and @S.C.G currently have the smallest difference between points. That's exciting. Things can very easily change there!

Might as well warn you lot now. If your attendance is low by the end of the year, your placing may not be considered. Still join in for the laughs though, even if you only join in one GP, you're more than welcome.

Righto! Here's next week's setup!

Next League Night: 14th September 2017

bK8y6aF.png

Group 1: @BowserBasher is host

@Glen-i

@martinist

Other Players

@Dcubed

@S.C.G

@Nicktendo

@punio75

@Sméagol

So, you know what I realised? We haven't done Balloon Battle yet! Let's sort out that deficiency right now. It's...

BATTLE OF THE BALLOONS!

_D3Pmk.gif                              Balloonga_KH3D.gif

You all know how Balloon Battle works! Like the other battle modes in the N-E League. Points will be based on placing alone, not how many balloons you pop.

"Skilled items" is a new item setup for MK8DX. It restricts the items to ones that require a bit of thought to use effectively. Expect Green Shells to feature heavily in GP2. Hope your aim is good. Might be a good idea to practice against computers.

Edited by Glen-i

Pretty amazing that we've gone for more than four months without a single BLOONS! Battle!

This is my jam, so naturally, I'm...

IN!

Feels good to finally be able to change font size on mobile :D 

• Thanks 1

Put me down as IN every week!  :bouncy:

only had had a couple of balloon battles so should be interesting!

• Thanks 1

Didn't win a single GP and finished 4th above a couple who did, will take that.

I'll be in this coming week and most likely my little bro will too.

• Thanks 1

Ehh.. I've done balloon battle exactly once.

So I feel like I should skip this one, on the other hand I'm thinking "whatever".

In other words, I'm undecided ;). 

Regarding future league nights; may I suggest as theme no items for 1 GP? I want to see what happens.

12 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

Ehh.. I've done balloon battle exactly once.

So I feel like I should skip this one, on the other hand I'm thinking "whatever".

In other words, I'm undecided ;). 

Regarding future league nights; may I suggest as theme no items for 1 GP? I want to see what happens.

Theme suggestions are always welcome. If anyone else has one, just send me a PM.

Fair warning though, last time no items happened, one person pretty much dominated the entire GP. I'll have to put it to a vote after tonight. It's about as controversial as forcing everyone to use Motion Controls.

Anyway, early teething problems with the League table as I forgot to do some calculations. Here's the updated table.

qeO4RYb.png

This hasn't caused any change in the actual placings but some differences might be larger or smaller now.

9 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Theme suggestions are always welcome. If anyone else has one, just send me a PM.

Fair warning though, last time no items happened, one person pretty much dominated the entire GP. I'll have to put it to a vote after tonight. It's about as controversial as forcing everyone to use Motion Controls.

The mole? :D
I wouldn't be surprised, and don't mind at all personally. I'm just wondering if I'd perform better than. I get the feeling I'm getting screwed by items more often than that I get lucky and they help me greatly.