NEurope
The Mole

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe League 2017

May I suggest you add shorthand codes below the track images so I have less to write down, and can find the tracks easier? I suggest a format of x-y where x is the cup from 1 to 12 (starting top left going left to right) and y is the track within the cup from 1 to 4. So Rainboaw Road (SNES) would be 11-2 for example.

Don't think I'll be there next Thursday, I have so many films to catch up on.

29 minutes ago, The Mole said:

The League Table

League%20table_zpszup1er9d.jpg

Thank you all for attending this week. We had 3 new racers enter the league which has shaken up the scores. @Bullet Will has once again claimed top spot. Remember, keep sending in your theme ideas.

Nothing more to be said. Signing off for now, here is the theme for this week. If you can, try and unlock the kart parts but I have alternatives if you are unable to do so. We will also introduce a new mode to the 2017 league: 200cc ;) 

Next League Night Thursday 13th July 8pm

2017%20Theme_zpsmwdydb5z.jpg

Always in list

1. The Mole
  2. @Glen-i
  3. @BowserBasher
  4. @punio75

opu0pt.jpg

Nice theme, but again I'm working this Thursday.  So sadly I have to skip it again this week.

Just to reiterate, the Sports Bike is an unlockable, even it's stat-identical alternative, the Jet Bike, is unavailable at the start.

Make sure you have the Sports Bike (failing that, the Jet Bike) before tonight. Don't just assume you have them, go check now.

You can unlock them by collecting coins.

Don't panic if you don't have the wheels or glider though, just ask me and I'll tell you what the alternatives are. (Both are available from the get-go)

On ‎09‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 9:23 PM, Sméagol said:

May I suggest you add shorthand codes below the track images so I have less to write down, and can find the tracks easier? I suggest a format of x-y where x is the cup from 1 to 12 (starting top left going left to right) and y is the track within the cup from 1 to 4. So Rainboaw Road (SNES) would be 11-2 for example.

Don't think I'll be there next Thursday, I have so many films to catch up on.

If it makes it easier for you, I can send you a PM with this "x-y" format when each league night is posted?

Not this week, mind. (Unless you decide to join in, let me know ASAP if you change your mind)

I'm in...gonna have to substitute in the jet bike in place of the spots bike though.

• Like 2

Gonna be using the Jet bike too, I could have sworn I had the Sports bike unlocked. 

Edited by BowserBasher
  • Like 1

You know what? I might as well post the other alternatives as well. If you don't have Retro Off-Road, Off-Road has the same stats. If you don't have the Cloud Glider, the Parachute has the same stats.

• Like 1

@S.C.G where you at, dawg? EDIT: Oh, of course you show up the moment I post. You did that on purpose!

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1

For fuck's sake.. Tried using my phone, but it's so old it can't open the forum.

Give me a minute to write down the tracks and grab a drink.

200cc never fails to be hilarious and volatile. I have to eat dinner now, so results will be a bit delayed. That said, @The Mole you wouldn't happen to have the results screen of the 2nd GP? I have the actual scores snapped, but forgot to do so for the results screen. Oh, and @Sméagol, would you like your first GP score discounted, seeing as you joined halfway through

Edited by Glen-i

Some great races there. I swear I'm having left joycon issues. A number of races it just would suddenly stop responding for a few seconds causing me to lose it. I switched to handheld mode for the final GP and had no issues. 

Otherwise great fun. Two good 3rd places for me. 

Amd yes, 200 GP is hilariously good and irritating. I didn't even register that it would be faster and just played normally then wondered why I was hitting walls. 

Edited by BowserBasher

3 hours ago, Glen-i said:

[..]
Oh, and @Sméagol, would you like your first GP score discounted, seeing as you joined halfway through

I really don't give a fuck about my score, so do whatever is easiest for you.

But after playing a few of these, I now know I'm not going to join any games with pre-selected vehicle set-ups anymore. I have not used the bike since the Wii, and I was going all over the place.. I'm not having fun if I'm not able to control my vehicle, which is what happens when I'm not familar with it, and outside these games I never using anything other than the standard kart.

Sorry for the lateness, here's the scores. Once again, DCubed is actually me.

GP1

DEselIQVoAAmmAI.jpg:large

GP2

Glen-i - 38

The Mole - 33

Simon - 26

Punio - 21

martinist - 19

Daz190uk - 18

Sméagol - 16

WelshGamer - 10

Sam - 9

GP3

DEseyxsVwAA34WH.jpg:large

Actually, DCubed is actually me. I won those races. Give me the points.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bob said:

Actually, DCubed is actually me. I won those races. Give me the points.

OI! I may have looked the other way when you nicked my Birthday, but I'll be damned if I let you take my Mario Kart points!

I have priorities!

• Like 1

Sorry for the lateness but here are the results

The League table

League%20table_zpsb4zeiwbj.jpg

Removed a couple of inactive people, apart from that not much change, @Bullet Will holds onto 1st. Thank you for the theme suggestion @Glen-i, remember, if you have a suggestion then feel free to send them to me. Not much more to say. Here is the theme for this week. 

It is called 'Peach's Royal Tour'. Starting at the royal raceway, take a trip on Toad's Turnpike to Toad Habour. Then take the Super Bell Subway to the Mario Circuit which is located next Yoshi Valley before going to Sunshine airport and flying to Hyrule Circuit. The last GP will incorporate battle mode with Shine Runners. See you all tomorrow!!

Next League Night Thursday 20th July 8pm

2017%20Theme_zpskdf76wrz.jpg

Always in List

1. The Mole
  2. @Glen-i
  3. @BowserBasher
  4. @punio75

Other Players

• Like 2

I'm leaving my job in a month's time so I will be able to play again. For now though, I keep getting rotad to work Thursday nights. 

For the first time ever. I'm most definitely IN for tomorrow.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Again, I'm sorry to say that I'm working today.  So I have to miss it again this week.

I should be in next week though.