NEurope
The Mole

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe League 2017

I don't think Ethan was part of N-Europe...

Either way, he didn't follow the setup, so I imagine he's disqualified.

I'll go ahead and recalculate those points in the last 5 races.

Give me a bit. OK?

EDIT: Oh boy, time for my awesome "Gotta make do" graphics to shine again.

Remember, DCubed is actually me in that first pic.

GP1

DCd8DMnU0AAuZqK.jpg

GP2

The Mole - 32

Glen-i - 25

Sam - 20

Punio - 15

Dennis - 13

FalconBLK - 12

Sméagol - 7

GP3

The Mole - 34

Glen-i - 30

Sam - 18

Punio - 15

Dennis - 13

Sméagol - 9

FalconBLK - 5

Heh, can't even tell the difference.

Edited by Glen-i
Automerged Doublepost

Sorry about the tracks guys.. I was assuming the host would select the tracks, I didn't bother to write them down (and I turned my computer off since I use the monitor for my Switch as well). I tried backing out once, seeing if I could reselect what everyone else was selecting, but I think that reset my score as well (not that would have mattered much).

Sorry i couldn't make it Friday night, got dragged out at 7:00pm and I had no time to inform anyone on here.

Sorry i couldn't make it Friday night, got dragged out at 7:00pm and I had no time to inform anyone on here.

Which reminds me...

@The Mole, do you have an idea of whether we're changing the night to Thursday? It'd be nice to know in advance, you know?

Here are the results...

The League Table

@Glen\-i who drops to third, can he take it back? Not much else to say except welcome newcomers to the league.

Before I introduce the theme, as numbers are low, this week the league will be on a Thursday not a Friday to see if numbers pick up. Right, here is the theme for this week, suggested by Glen-i. The theme is called 'New Squids on the Block' and below is the reasoning for each course given by Glen-i:

- All the tracks have absolutely no water in them. You know, Inklings can't handle water.

No, don't ask how they're fine with it in Mario Kart...

- Renegade Roundup is admittedly an interesting choice. As far as I can tell, points are given based on how many times someone captures a renegade/how many people someone breaks out of prison. I hope I'm right about that. So even if someone's team loses, players who performed well will still get more points then players who did not do so well.

- Renegade Roundup was picked because it's purely a team game, just like Splatoon

See you all Thursday!!

Next League Night Thursday 22nd June 8pm

2017%20Theme_zpsczfh551i.jpg

Woohoo. Back on the always in list if this stays on a Thursday.

Also I have not played any battle mode yet so will probably fail miserably on that one. :p

Right! Since the forums are kinda FUBAR'd right now, we'll give it around 5 extra mins or so so that everyone can get in.

BTW, I'm loving this new notification feature on Switch! I can actually tell when someone's getting ready to join! :D

Also the new forums are kinda swish...

Endless communication errors. :hmm:

That's me done for the evening, I might have to give up participating in the league again before I've even started if this is what the online is like on a regular basis. :(

12 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

Endless communication errors. :hmm:

That's me done for the evening, I might have to give up participating in the league again before I've even started if this is what the online is like on a regular basis. :(

So, I take it you don't want your score counted this week then?

Just calculating the scores on Battle mode, results will be up shortly.

Edited by Glen-i

Just now, Glen-i said:

So, I take it you don't want your score counted this week then?

I was barely there for a few races so it hardly seems worth it, thanks anyway though.

Shame about people getting disconnected, but it was a good night tonight.  Good turnout and I did horrible.  All is right in the world :)

Righto! Here are the results.

GP1

DC8zgbKW0AUwmd-.jpg

GP2

DC8zl4TUMAApISF.jpg

GP3

Glen-i - 29

Punio - 24

Will - 21

The Mole - 20

Daz190uk - 18

Simon - 16

DCubed - 15

In case you're wondering, points in Renegade Roundup are based on what place you actually came in relation to everyone else. You are then given the amount of points you would have gotten if it was a race.

So, for example, say I got the most points in one match, I would have gotten the same amount of points I would have gotten for coming first in a race tonight.

I'm sure there's a better way of explaining it, but simply put, this is to keep the average score consistent with races.

See you next week!

EDIT: And I've just learnt that images get hilariously stretched if you're viewing this on mobile. Sorry, @Dcubed is gonna report that.

• Like 1

I really need to put some practice in on this, not played it enough but it's a lot of fun.

I've managed to miss the last few weeks, is the move to Thursday going to be permanent?