NEurope
Zell

N-Europe Summer Meet 2017

Okay everyone, I think it's about time we set a date for the Summer Meet Up.

Let's assume for now that the format will be the same as the last few years, i.e. Friday at mine followed by Saturday at Hyde Park with food and drinks in the evening. Like the last 2 meets, I'm more than willing to host people as long as there's space.

I'm typing this on my phone as I'm currently in Bali, so I would be grateful if someone could create the Google doc for people to post their available weekends. I would prefer an August or maybe July date. September and the August bank holiday weekend are nos for me.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again. Rummy has pointed out that this year will be the 10th London Meet, so let's make it one to remember.

Edit by Cube: Spreadsheet here.

Edited by Cube

Just updated the first post with the Google Doc.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it at all this year.

My availability is quite bad this summer due to work (big cricket tournaments going on in June and July), and then after my busy June and July, cat-sitting for my parents while they're on holiday. I've marked those weekends as maybes, but they're not really ideal for me at all.

The mid-August ones are the most ideal for me.

Just choose a weekend. If I'm doing with work either week before or after I'll come along, otherwise probably not.

I probably won't come whenever you choose to do it, as I just don't like any of you.

I might just appear in the wild again, just in time to herd the cats through London.

Seeing as there has not been much of a response, I will suggest a date of 12th August.

Would be nice to hang out for beers and bants, even if it's just the London peeps.

My apologies as I've been generally not as active in life or forums for a month or two - but I am ofc absolutely in for this and support your date of August 12th given you're graciously hosting yet AGAIN!

Really quite close now folks in terms of weeks I imagine - can we confirm if this is gonna gwan and who we've got for Zell's sake? As ever @Zell I'll personally appreciate accomodation but I've got enough links to forego if space is an issue :)

Unfortunately that's one date I just can't do as I'm away that weekend.

The other date we could do is 19th August. Definitely won't be able to do the week after as it's my brother's stag.

Would prefer to get the date sorted quite soon as I like to take the Friday off work.

Cmon folks! @Zell as you're ok to host at least some of us and the response so far I'd give you date preference. However maybe it's worth tagging all the usual folks to see who's in or not?

@ReZourceman @Goafer @jayseven @The Bard @Dannyboy-the-Dane @Happenstance @MoogleViper @Charlie @Jimbob @Shorty @Sheikah @Fierce_LiNk @Eenuh @Dan_Dare @dwarf @Daft @Supergrunch @Cube @Goron_3 @The Peeps @...overwatch!

• Like 1

Unfortunately, there's no way I'd be able to afford a trip to London this year.

I should be able to make it, although I'm now paranoid that I have other plans during August. Will report back.

It's one of the highlights of my year, so I will do what I can to be there.

• Like 1

19th I can do :)

Would anyone be interested in shaking it up a bit, if any London natives have any suggestions? Something beyond tinnys in the park and ninja.... The highlight is always gaming at Zell's, we should be able to do something better in the day!

19th I can do
Would anyone be interested in shaking it up a bit, if any London natives have any suggestions? Something beyond tinnys in the park and ninja.... The highlight is always gaming at Zell's, we should be able to do something better in the day!

I'd definitely be up for loading bar at some point. Me, Zell, Rummy, Paul and Marcamillian have all been and had top bants while gaming.

3 minutes ago, Sheikah said:

I'd definitely be up for loading bar at some point. Me, Zell, Rummy, Paul and Marcamillian have all been and had top bants while gaming.

We did that 2 years ago so definitely up for that, however I was more thinking something... sustainable from early day onwards.

We did that 2 years ago so definitely up for that, however I was more thinking something... sustainable from early day onwards.

There is also Meltdown, which is apparently 20 min walk from Zell's house!

link.

I totally get what you are saying though. Other than drinking, I'll have a think about what we could do during the early day.

I agree, a midday activity on Saturday would be a good idea and a welcome change.

We could try to organise an Escape Room if people are willing? They're usually quite cheap and don't take very long. There's even one on Caledonian Road.

Any other suggestions welcome.

One thing I'm always keen on is some good food. I get grouchy if I only have Tesco Meal Deal and cans of lager to sustain myself, so I fancy finding somewhere good in Central London and booking a table for a reasonable time. We got lucky last year when we found tables at Meat Liquor, but I'd rather we plan it better so that we don't miss out on going to Loading for instance.

Friday can be the usual of Nintendo/Board/Party games round mine.

Urgh Loading Bar is so *waves hand dismissively*

It's fine, it's good, but its also in the middle of fucking nowhere* so I don't see the point.

Not that I have any better suggestions at the moment, but will mull.

*London relativity 

If you all can make it to Croydon you should try the Heart of Gaming arcade. Really great arcade with a buttload of cabinets and consoles. It's not pay per play either, think it's £7ish for entry and everything beyond that is free to play.

Urgh Loading Bar is so *waves hand dismissively*
It's fine, it's good, but its also in the middle of fucking nowhere* so I don't see the point.
Not that I have any better suggestions at the moment, but will mull.

*London relativity 

There's Meltdown which seems pretty close to where Zell lives (and much closer to the heart of London). Anyone been?