NEurope
Zell

N-Europe Summer Meet 2017

53 minutes ago, The Bard said:

If you all can make it to Croydon you should try the Heart of Gaming arcade. Really great arcade with a buttload of cabinets and consoles. It's not pay per play either, think it's £7ish for entry and everything beyond that is free to play.

Like fuck I'm going to Croydon :p

35 minutes ago, Sheikah said:

There's Meltdown which seems pretty close to where Zell lives (and much closer to the heart of London). Anyone been?

A former colleague went and said it was tiny and awkward because everyone was playing eSports and the social atmosphere was dead but maybe a bad night?

I know what this place is, but does it have to be a gaming-themed thing?

• Like 1

Escape Rooms are awesome. 19th August night work quite well for me. I will be able to find out next week when I’m next needed down for work but it’s generally every 4 weeks and that would be either the 4th or 5th week (weekend before or after works for me). 

We we could bring Switches and get some MK8 in a pub before/afterwards too. 

1 hour ago, Shorty said:

I've never done an escape room, count me in for that though.

Its amazing! I tried a saw/murder theme at the one in Sheffield. 

• Like 1

I had considered doing an escape room with @Goafer and his girlfriend at the last MCM London Comic Con but a mixture of it being way too hot, too busy and not really having the time meant we didnt bother. Has always interested me though.

12 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

I had considered doing an escape room with @Goafer and his girlfriend at the last MCM London Comic Con but a mixture of it being way too hot, too busy and not really having the time meant we didnt bother. Has always interested me though.

Well, are you coming to London next month then? :D

Just now, Shorty said:

Well, are you coming to London next month then? :D

No idea, I'm waiting to see who else is going first :p

I've been to an escape room a few years ago, was a fun experience.

18 hours ago, Happenstance said:

If everyone does that then nobody ends up coming :cry:

23 hours ago, Happenstance said:

• Like 1

a) its on the 19th

b) do we want to risk the crazies showing up

Is 19th definite. I thought it was still at that "well it could be either" stage.

Personally I'm going for both whatever suits most people but on closest call preference to Zell as he has yet once again graciously agreed to potentially host some of the meet attendees!

As far as Meltdown - I went for a good few smash nights but yeah I'd say on the whole even with that I'd agree with you colleague's evaluation @ashley. Its cool if you can bring the environment but it doesn't really have the feeling or atmosphere by itself for me - great if you wanna just play video games tho.

If we felt we HAD to go somewhere gaming wise obviously I'll vote for Loading again. Great amount of tabletops, can bring own games/consoles etc - only real problem with it as always is space Vs people.

(Personally I'd actually not mind a pub with some space and potentially low key tabletop stuff or pen and paper like we do sometimes in the park, bigger games like a mafia or team tabletops etc. but on the whole I'm easy with whatevs)

The Meet isn't going to be possible for us this year, I'm afraid. Had a fantastic time last year and it was awesome seeing a mixture of new and old faces. Good luck to all those going and we hope that you have a fantastic time.

There's a few board game pubs dotted around if you wanted to go that route

Yeah, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to pass this year. :( I have a bunch of stuff going on these months, so I'm going to be rather spent both time-, money- and energy-wise. Feels bad, man, having to finally skip a year, but I hope to return with a vengeance next year!

So if there are no further objections, shall we set the date at 19th August?

I'll look into booking the Escape Room for the Saturday as well - please let me know if you are interested so that I can get an idea of the final numbers.

As for bars, I do like Loading but it is pain in the arse to get to. We would need to get ubers there and back, and make sure we book tables in advance.

I would rather go down Ashley/Rummy's route of finding a good board game pub at a more convenient location where we can all sit down and have a few drinks. Remember we can always get our fill of video games around my place.

• Like 1

Also agree with Charlie - bring Switches so we can get some multiplayer on the go. I'll have my Gamecube stuff as always :)

Also, Switches get bitches, so you'll be all set.

You guys are too optimistic. I am not bringing my Switch because it will get broken/stolen/stolen then broken.

Confirming interest in escape room.

• Like 1

I unfortunately probably won't be able to make the 19th. Going to be out of London that weekend. 12th was better for me, but no worries - am sure I can meet up with the London lot some other time.

Personally I'm not flexible on the 12th, it's a family weekend thing that tickets have already been bought for.

However if others can only make the 12th, no hard feelings from me :)