NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Sméagol

Uniqlo Nintendo t-shirts

So there was a design contest, some of you know as I saw it mentioned on the forum while searching for it. I didn't, or I'd have tried to design something. Anyway, the results are in.

http://www.uniqlo.com/utgp2017/uk/

I've heard there will be more designs than the ones from the contest shown in the link.

I'm definitely getting the Mario one, maybe the line Pikachu, with a smaller chance for the Splatoon shirt. Damn I want the Kirby one though, but there's only a kids version. The Pikmin shirt is also very nice, but only in a womens fit.

Too bad there are no stores here in The Netherlands, so I'll have to order them online. I see they have some other nice themes as well.

I bought 2 Nintendo t-shirts (the Mario t-shirt, and the Pikachu line t-shirt), and 2 others (from the Haibara line). Dropped the Splatoon shirt to keep the cost down.

I like the Pikachu one but my favourites from your first post Smeagol (the Animal Crossing & Kirby ones) were only in kids sizes and aren't even for sale on the website now. Would love that Animal Crossing one in adult sizes.

I'll pop in to the store and check them out, although few are really piquing my interest and the one I really want is kids only :(

Went in today and didn't buy any because none of the designs I could really see myself wearing often.

I did buy a polo t-shirt and some shorts from there though so not a wasted journey :heh:

What's the "Well there's still one left..." a reference to?

What's the "Well there's still one left..." a reference to?

This is literally the first time that phrase has been used in this thread...

This is literally the first time that phrase has been used in this thread...

It's on one of the t-shirts on that website.

It's from Pokemon presumably, when all the Pokemon are taken already because Ash is late, and the only one left is Pikachu.

Ooooooh.

Yeah that is a weird one. Presume its from Pokémon Yellow.

More t-shirts coming. Don't find most of them compelling, but may get the Mario sprite one (again).

https://www.uniqlo.com/uk/en/content/IDnintendo-museum2602.html?utm_campaign=UK_260319_Gundam_40_UT&utm_content=61109539089&utm_medium=email&utm_source=uniqlo

Maybe I should turn this into a general Uniqlo thread. They regularly have cool printed t-shirts. But I absolutely hate it when Uniqlo decides whether a theme applies to men, women or kids. There are Moomin and Helllo Kitty t-shirts I want. Manly men can't wear Hello Kitty?

On 26/03/2019 at 12:46 PM, Sméagol said:

More t-shirts coming. Don't find most of them compelling, but may get the Mario sprite one (again).

https://www.uniqlo.com/uk/en/content/IDnintendo-museum2602.html?utm_campaign=UK_260319_Gundam_40_UT&utm_content=61109539089&utm_medium=email&utm_source=uniqlo

Maybe I should turn this into a general Uniqlo thread. They regularly have cool printed t-shirts. But I absolutely hate it when Uniqlo decides whether a theme applies to men, women or kids. There are Moomin and Helllo Kitty t-shirts I want. Manly men can't wear Hello Kitty?

Just a reminder that these are available now. Might grab the Boo one.

They currently have a 2 t-shirts for 20 euros (or whatever your currency) deal.

I'm currently deciding what t-shirts to get.. None of the Supert Mario Family series, I don't find anything better than the Mario t-shirt I already got from them last time. I'm getting Chun-li from the Streetfighter series, and the Octolings t-shirt from the Splatoon series. There's also one with Judd and little Judd, but I think I'm going to skip that one.

For the fans there's also Overwatch (including a fun Diva t-shirt) and Monster Hunter, but I'm not fan enough of those to get a t-shirt. Well I'd like a Diva t-shirt actually, but I'm going to limit myself to 4 t-shirts max. I have games to buy. There's also other stuff, I'll probably also get a Star Wars t-shirt.

Is this the style these days? Should I start buying my t-shirts three sizes too big? I feel old and out of touch.

zbzqJt8.png

• Weird 1

Yeah not a fan of those designs.

Oh, they've added more designs since I last saw them. I like the Pikachu outline and Pikachu tail on the pocket one.

On 06/04/2020 at 6:39 PM, Magnus said:

Is this the style these days? Should I start buying my t-shirts three sizes too big? I feel old and out of touch.

zbzqJt8.png

Yeah, I always thought baggy T-shirts were more of an American thing. Seems a very strange style of modelling though, makes the clothes look like crap really.

Just had a few of these come through the post. I've also got the Pikachu one ordered so hoping it arrives next week.

It's funny that the clothes look baggy on the models. I imagine this is because the clothes are actually sized for adults but they've chosen younger models for this particular collaboration. I find Uniqlo's clothing fits me better than any other brand to be honest - a large is always pretty much gaurenteed to be perfect, whereas it's often a bit too big elsewhere.

2 minutes ago, Goron_3 said:

Just had a few of these come through the post. I've also got the Pikachu one ordered so hoping it arrives next week.

It's funny that the clothes look baggy on the models. I imagine this is because the clothes are actually sized for adults but they've chosen younger models for this particular collaboration. I find Uniqlo's clothing fits me better than any other brand to be honest - a large is always pretty much gaurenteed to be perfect, whereas it's often a bit too big elsewhere.

I assume they're just trying on the biggest size versions of those T-shirts? For coolness reasons we don't get.

I bought a couple of shirts when I was in Japan last year, and they fit well (size S) but they're a bit short length-wise. I wonder if the UK ones are different?

Anyway, I found out they ship to Netherlands for free! (and apparently there is a Uniqlo now in Amsterdam as well), so maybe I should get the Pikachu one and one of the Dragon Ball Z shirts. And socks, because a lot of my current ones have holes in them...

I bought a couple of shirts when I was in Japan last year, and they fit well (size S) but they're a bit short length-wise. I wonder if the UK ones are different?
Anyway, I found out they ship to Netherlands for free! (and apparently there is a Uniqlo now in Amsterdam as well), so maybe I should get the Pikachu one and one of the Dragon Ball Z shirts. And socks, because a lot of my current ones have holes in them...
Well, the Dutch are the world's tallest nation so it wouldn't surprise me if Uniqlo stores elsewhere sold clothes for shorter people.
  • Haha 1

Sign in to follow this