NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
drahkon

Code Vein

CODE VEIN is announced for release on major home consoles in 2018.

In the not too distant future, a mysterious disaster has brought collapse to the world, as we know it. Towering skyscrapers, once symbols of prosperity, are now lifeless graves of humanity’s past pierced by the Thorns of Judgment. At the center of the destruction lies a hidden society of Revenants called Vein. This final stronghold is where the remaining few fight to survive, blessed with Gifts of power in exchange for their memories and a thirst for blood. Give into the bloodlust fully and risk becoming one of the Lost, fiendish ghouls devoid of any remaining humanity.

CODE VEIN is a third-person action RPG that finds players assuming the role of a Revenant. After stumbling into Vein, players are tasked to embark into the world with a companion picked from the various residents of Vein to uncover lost memories and an exit out of this new demented reality. The world of CODE VEIN is dangerous, full of vicious enemies and monstrous bosses to put players’ combat skills to the test.

Revenants also have access to Blood Veils, devices capable of draining the blood of their enemies in order to enhance their own abilities. Exploiting these enhanced abilities known as Gifts, players can change their form to increase their strength, weaken enemies, and utilize new weapon abilities with overpowered attacks. Utilizing the vast array of weaponry along with each character’s Gift, players can adapt and strategize to a variety of battle conditions that suit their play styles.

"Major home consoles". Does that include the Switch or not? :wtf: We'll have to wait and see.

Anyway, looks sweet.

Really hope they will improve the combat. I hate it when enemies don't flinch after a hit.

Badass trailer.

Still not so keen on what I've seen from the gameplay...I hope there will be a demo.

• Like 1

Finnish PR company 3H Distribution Oyhas has sent an email to press giving the release dates for many games coming this year. The list includes Code Vein, which is listed as releasing July 2018 for the PS4 and XBO. The game will have a PEGI 16 rating.

If this is true, that’s pretty soon (and pretty awesome). It’s about time we begin to see some more major releases in the summer, given that Q1/Q2 is now mostly filled with massive, console-exclusive single player games with a narrative focus, and Q4 is mostly filled with third-party juggernauts. 

Another September game release. Man, the end of this year is going to be brutal.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

13 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Another September game release. Man, the end of this year is going to be brutal.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the Pokémon Let's Go titles the only titles currently dated to be coming out after RDR2?

So far it's definitely been a case of everyone trying to come out before the end of October, and seeing as it's probably a bit late to announce a game as dropping in August at this point, it seems like everyone has decided to drop their games in September :D 

10 hours ago, Julius Caesar said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the Pokémon Let's Go titles the only titles currently dated to be coming out after RDR2?

So far it's definitely been a case of everyone trying to come out before the end of October, and seeing as it's probably a bit late to announce a game as dropping in August at this point, it seems like everyone has decided to drop their games in September :D 

Pretty much. I think the thinking behind it is that once RDR2 hits a lot of people won't be playing or buying another game for the rest of the year. You just have to look at GTAV to see why a lot of publishers are scared as hell of Red Dead.

The game has been pushed back to 2019.

Throughout its pre-release promotion campaign, Code Vein has consistently garnered positive reactions from both media and consumers alike. With this knowledge in-hand, Bandai Namco Inc. has made the decision to dedicate additional time to further develop Code Vein; ensuring the final product delivers on the expectations set amongst media and fans.

—Bandai Namco Entertainment America

Code Vein has received an enormous amount of positive feedback from eager fans who have received hands-on time with in-development versions of the game over the past nine months,” said Eric Hartness, Vice President of Marketing for Bandai Namco Entertainment America Inc. “Armed with knowledge of how well the game has already been received, we made the decision to postpone the release of Code Vein to further refine its gameplay in an effort to exceed the expectations fans already have of the title. It was a difficult decision to make, but we feel it is the correct one.”

—Bandai Namco Entertainment Asia

“We are thankful to Code Vein fans for giving us a huge positive feedback on the development versions of the game for the past months, as a result of the overwhelming support from the fans, we decided to postpone the release of Code Vein to further refine the game and hope to exceed fans’ expectation.” said Rainel Tan, General Manager at Bandai Namco Entertainment Asia. “It is a difficult decision, but we hope that once the fans gets to play the final version, they will agree with us that this decision is a right one!”

Venture into the post-apocalyptic land of Code Vein and uncover its secrets. Players will be able to craft their own unique character and customize their experience by equipping numerous weapons, items, skills, and gifts to accommodate their favorite fighting style or gain a competitive advantage against impossible odds. Various A.I. controlled partners will also be on-hand to explore the interconnected world with their own specialized attributes and personalities.

Apparently the game is in a pretty rough state, even after the delay. I'm still keeping my eye on it but i'm not hopeful that it will be anything other than average.

Played it for 15 minutes. It's horrible. 

Combat doesn't feel right. It's just bad. ::shrug: 

Deleted and out of my mind.

Edited by drahkon

Sign in to follow this