NEurope
MindFreak

New Nintendo 2DS XL announced

Actually, it's not that weird. Kimishima gave a talk at the investor's meeting this night and said:

http://nintendoeverything.com/kimishima-says-3ds-and-switch-wont-compete-will-run-in-parallel-3ds-will-get-unique-software/

http://nintendoeverything.com/kimishima-on-evergreen-3ds-titles-new-games-will-continue-to-be-released/

It is indeed their intention that 3DS and Switch will run alongside each other.

It was the same with the GameBoy Advance and DS :p

This is the GameBoy Micro of the 3DS

To be honest, I'm more interested in the new 2ds than a switch right now. My Fiancée loves a few games available on the 3ds family, and this has a web browser right? Which works better than my current 3ds browser... so I may well get it and we can have some local multiplayer together, while I'll be able to use it to occassionally browse the web.

The original gameboy kept on going for a loooooooooong time, I think it would be a good plan for Nintendo to keep a "basic" and cheaper entry level games machine in the handheld family, while having a more expensive advanced handheld/barebones home console games with their hybrid systems.

Pretty much given up on the 3DS with the launch of the Switch but this thing is just so damn nice, I can see myself picking one up with Miitopia as mine is a good 3 years old now.

Wonder what the battery life is like on it minus the 3D.

Limited edition version for Japan and @Ike. :D

And here I thought I was done now the Switch is out, they found a way to get me back. :laughing: Managed to order one this morning.

I'm really looking forward to it. I have quite a backlog on my 3DS ( too many JRPGs :D ) and my love of the machine has been rekindled by Kirby Team Clash Deluxe, which has led me to start playing Pokemon Shuffle ( just started this the other week ), continue on with Yoshi's Woolly World and snap up Fairune 1+2 off the eShop. It's the little handheld that keeps giving and, given the response it's received, the next iteration looks to be keeping the interest alive in this aging device.

3 games are launching alongside the console come 28th July.

Hey! PIKMIN:In this brand-new style of Pikmin game, players guide Captain Olimar through 2D side-scrolling levels and collect Sparklium to refuel his crashed ship, the S.S. Dolphin 2, so he can escape the planet. The Touch Screen controls let players choose the right Pikmin to toss at enemies and objects, which is critical to defeating foes and solving the many puzzles Olimar encounters during his adventure.

Miitopia: Band together with your Mii and Mii friends to explore your own personalised world of Miitopia. Cast Mii characters into various roles and watch hilarious scenes unfold as they work together to defeat the Dark Lord who has stolen the faces of the townspeople of Miitopia. Players can bring in their created Mii characters from Miitomo or Tomodachi Life, or create their own Mii team in the game. This game has a lighthearted tone with traditional and strategic RPG-like elements, including customisation, relationship building and team management.

Dr Kawashima’s Devilish Brain Training:Can you stay focused?: The third entry in a series which has sold more than 15 million copies in Europe to date, this game seeks to train players’ brains with a series of challenging concentration-based exercises.

NewNintendo2DSXL.jpg

I really like the way it's packaged.  Glad we're past the time of wasting resources by making oversized packaging.

• Like 2

Hmm I don't know which one I prefer (colour I mean). 

I think the white is nice but part of me is more drawn to the black.

If I played my 3DS more I'd justify it but I haven't turned it on in a loooong time. 

It took me a while to decide on a colour. Black is my colour but the white and orange is really snazzy. Even seeing them both on this page is making me think I maybe should have gone for the other.

I finally upgraded from my original 3DS.

DGCdJMjWsAMiu2P.jpg

I love my new upgrade. I have to admit, I was bricking it when the transfer process was happening. This was the first time I have went through it and was terrified I would lose all of my stuff. Luckily my ID transferred over but I think I must have done something wrong though because I had to download all of my games again, or is this just how it works? My saves were all intact, I just had to find all the software again.

I have two slight gripes with with the new 2DSXL, which are the shoulder buttons and the cartridge slot. My fingers seem to catch the top screen when hitting the shoulder buttons and having to take the cover off the bottom of the device to change a game is a bit of a faff on. I have the same issue with the Switch and I must prefer to just having a setup like the original 3DS where I can just put the cartridge straight in.

It's crazy how fast it is compared to my original model and I have already noticed some performance enhancements while I was playing Kirby Clash. Usually the game stuttered a bit when in the village area but now it's very smooth.

It's also nice not having to lug out my amiibo scanner every time I want to scan a figure in. Just tap the screen and away I go.

Yup, i'm very happy with my new purchase.

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I think I must have done something wrong though because I had to download all of my games again, or is this just how it works? My saves were all intact, I just had to find all the software again.

You have to copy the software over to the new MicroSD card using a PC.  It doesn't copy it over for you (that would take an eternity!)

Otherwise everything else should just be there I believe.

Edited by Dcubed

13 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

You have to copy the software over to the new MicroSD card using a PC.  It doesn't copy it over for you (that would take an eternity!)

Otherwise everything else should just be there I believe.

I just figured since my ID had transferred I would swap the microSD card ( had one on my original 3DS for a while now ) into the new 2DS and everything would be there. 

No matter, the most important thing was transferred over, that's the main thing.

Methinks I will snap up Zelda LTTP and SMW seeing as they are on offer at the moment. Time for some SNES handheld goodness.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Slowly struggling to resist picking one of these up... I love the 3D feature but I can imagine VC games look smashing on that screen.

Amazon Japan with the 2 day delivery.

y4mBk5kJ9acukLZL3TI4adyTfd6Jn0kowzV5tzKr

It came with some sort of cardboard cutout figure of Amazon's mascot (?) which they've taped directly to the box so i'm not very happy about that.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Ike said:

Amazon Japan with the 2 day delivery.

y4mBk5kJ9acukLZL3TI4adyTfd6Jn0kowzV5tzKr

It came with some sort of cardboard cutout figure of Amazon's mascot (?) which they've taped directly to the box so i'm not very happy about that.

That looks amazing. 

I would also fume about that little stunt with the taping. 

21 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Good man! Nice to see you also took advantage of Woolly Workd being on offer.

Couldn't resist. Downloaded the demo on my old 3ds before deciding to get 2dsXL and when it ended I was like noooo! Checked Argos to see if they had it and saw it on offer, seemed silly not to walk away without the 2dsXL in the bag too. :grin:

• Like 1

On 7/31/2017 at 8:22 AM, Hero-of-Time said:

I finally upgraded from my original 3DS.

I have two slight gripes with with the new 2DSXL, which are the shoulder buttons and the cartridge slot. My fingers seem to catch the top screen when hitting the shoulder buttons and having to take the cover off the bottom of the device to change a game is a bit of a faff on.

Curious if you got used to this overtime as I have the same problem and it's preventing me from taking the plunge switching to the n2DS XL, and I'm not sure if I like how much the system vibrates when you turn the sound up compared to the n3DS XL.