NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
drahkon

Call of Duty: WWII (PS4/XB1/PC)

Just finished the campaign.

giphy.gif

One of the best CoD campaigns in a long time. It really was like Band of Brothers. Plenty of action, great story, fun set pieces and high stakes. Awesome.

I loved the mission Epilogue. It was just a small thing but it was quite powerful in the way it was presented. Fantastic stuff.

There were a couple of tricky parts on Veteran difficulty. On one section I had to destroy a tank by places charges on its back. I got a checkpoint as I placed the first one on it but when I done this I had very little health. It took me ages to get another charge on it due to my small amount of health and a massive wave of enemies that has spawned.

The other section that was tough was near the end. I won't spoil it but I eventually got through it by spamming smoke grenades, charging in with a shotgun and then crawling my way to victory. :p 

Its great to see that Veteran is no longer just a grenade throwing, infinite enemy spawning mess that it once was. Those were some tough and dark days. :D 

• Thanks 2

Recently I've started going for the camo challenges.

Completed all the Snipers Rifles first because I hate sniping in CoD.

Depending on the map I switch things up between Assault Rifles and Shotguns. Not sure when I'll start with SMGs and LMGs...need some time to get used to those weapon classes but I just can't be arsed right now :D

Completed all the shovel camo challenges, as well. That was actually very fun. Did it in War mode only.

Edited by drahkon

Bought the first DLC. Figured I won't buy the Season Pass. I'd rather pay 10€ more over one year if all 4 expansions are good enough than 50€ right now with the risk that some DLCs suck.

So far, I've only played the War map and The Darkest Shore (new Zombies map). The latter seems to be very fun. At least from what I've seen during my first attempt which lasted 40 minutes. No idea how far I've gotten in terms of the casual easter egg.

The War map is great. Focuses much more on close quarter combat which is nice considering the other three maps have more long distance battles.

Haven't tried the other three, regular multiplayer maps, yet, but to be honest, from what I've played so far: 15€ well spent.

Sign in to follow this