NEurope
dwarf

General Election 2017 Voting Intentions

Who will you vote for in the 2017 General Election?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who will you vote for in the 2017 General Election?

• The Labour Party
    • The Conservative Party
    • The Liberal Democrats
    • The UK Independence Party
    • The Green Party
    • The Scottish National Party
    • Plaid Cymru
    • Other
    • [Abstaining]
    • [Undecided]

Who will you be voting for in the upcoming general election?

Or are you going to wait for the election broadcasts and debates before making a decision?

The poll results are public because don't be a pussy.

Edited by dwarf

Gonna wait until a bit closer to the actual vote before committing an answer to the poll here.

Right now, it's Labour. It's how I voted last time and I see no reason to change it yet.

Labour. Because as wishy-washy as I find Jeremy Corbyn, he's the only person I haven't seen resort to petty name-calling and childish tactics.

I'm stuck between Labour and the Lib Dems. If it wasn't for all of Labour's in-fighting, I think they would get my vote for sure. Most of these online tests say that I align more with Labour than any other party, yet I've previously always voted Lib Dem. Lib Dem's Pro-EU stance and Labour's wishy-washy attitude towards it is also muddying the waters in terms of which party to vote for.

I'm in a Conservative stronghold anyway, so they'll 100% get in again.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

I have a feeling that the results on this poll will be woefully unrepresentative of the country as a whole, but it's still worth a look.

I'll be voting Labour. I'm also in a Conservative area, and I think it'll probably be the same again, but I might as well vote with the party whom I agree the most with.

I have a feeling that the results on this poll will be woefully unrepresentative of the country as a whole, but it's still worth a look.

I'll be voting Labour. I'm also in a Conservative area, and I think it'll probably be the same again, but I might as well vote with the party whom I agree the most with.

I check the RedCafe (Man Utd) forums very regularly and they've got an identical poll over there. The results are very much in Labour's favour, with the Lib Dems second and the Conservatives third. After that, you've got UKIP, the Greens and SNP all neck and neck.

I check the RedCafe (Man Utd) forums very regularly and they've got an identical poll over there. The results are very much in Labour's favour, with the Lib Dems second and the Conservatives third. After that, you've got UKIP, the Greens and SNP all neck and neck.

Well football fans (and northern ones at that) tend to be working class and therefore will vote for Labour. They also tend to be young (and that goes for anyone on internet forums) which means they will likely be more liberally minded. It's not that shocking really.

Well football fans (and northern ones at that) tend to be working class and therefore will vote for Labour. They also tend to be young (and that goes for anyone on internet forums) which means they will likely be more liberally minded. It's not that shocking really.

Exactly, most online forums of this type will usually be populated by Labour-folk or, at a push, Lib Dem supporters. So, although the results will be showing a good support for Labour, it's not indicative of the rest of the population.

I doubt we'll have many on here who will vote Conservative. You've also got the situation where some will say they support one party but will secretly vote for another due to the connotations associated with said party. Closet Conservatives or UKIPers.

Labour. Because as wishy-washy as I find Jeremy Corbyn, he's the only person I haven't seen resort to petty name-calling and childish tactics.

Oh man I hate to break this to you but he said to me yesterday "Man that schmoafer is a smelly poo poo head".

I picked Labour. My MP won with 54% of the vote last time (next closest was Tory with 28%) so its a safe seat and I usually choose Green to signal boost but after the last year I don't trust anything to happen as expected any more so being safe.

Oh man I hate to break this to you but he said to me yesterday "Man that schmoafer is a smelly poo poo head".

I picked Labour. My MP won with 54% of the vote last time (next closest was Tory with 28%) so its a safe seat and I usually choose Green to signal boost but after the last year I don't trust anything to happen as expected any more so being safe.

I feel sorry for that Schmoafer fellow. Must have done something truly terrible to rile up the J-Man like that.

If lib dems offer another brexit referendum I'll be voting for them. Otherwise I'll go with labour.

They will say they will get one. Their only feasible way into power is through a coalition and if its with the Tories they'd deny it, if its with Labour it would be very unlikely. The Tories might offer a vote to MPs on the final deal, but they'd have the majority and they'd be whipped in to supporting anything they've got. Labour may just promise a 'soft Brexit' instead.

I'm more in line with the Lib Dem's views, but Labour perform much better in my area so I may pick them instead.

Having been a long term Lib Dem voter I voted for Labour in 2015 and will probably (not 100% sure) vote for Labour again. Right now I really can't see me voting for the Lib Dems again.

There are local elections next month where I live now and there isn't any Labour candidate so I will be voting for an independent candidate. We also have mayoral elections which I believe the public has no real idea about, I blame the government for a very bad PR in this.

Going back to the general election politics ultimately has turned into a popularity contest, so I'm keeping away from TV sound bites as much as I can. I will sit down and go through the manifestos of all the parties that I can vote for and see which one I agree with the most.

Edited by sumo73

I picked undecided, as like Fierce_LiNk, I'm torn between LIB/LAB. However, I'll probably end up going LAB as they have the best chance in my area.

I picked undecided, as like Fierce_LiNk, I'm torn between LIB/LAB. However, I'll probably end up going LAB as they have the best chance in my area.

The more I read up on Labour, the more I feel that their views and policies line up with my own. I've gone for them in this poll and I will most likely be voting for them in the election.

The Lib Dems are saying all the right things about Europe and that's what is drawing me closer towards them. But, I don't realistically see what they can do about it. They won't be getting a majority Government and I just feel that the other parties will make it too difficult for them to implement their plans. In the end, they'll just get bullied out of enforcing any meaningful change.

I'd definitely take some kind of coalition with Labour, the Lib Dems and maybe the Greens.

I'm in a very safe Labour seat and will be voting for them for the first time. Only voted twice, and both times was for the Lib Dems who broke tuition fee promises in 2010 and generally were a shambles in coalition with the Tories. I despised Blair and Brown though and didn't have a lot of love for Ed Milliband.

My views are a lot closer aligned with Corbyn and McDonnell than any previous Labour leadership in my lifetime, but I think they really need to come out swinging and convince people to vote for them or 'traditional Labour' values are as good as dead in this country. I just wish they'd drop the £10 per hour minimum wage idea. It's will cripple small businesses and will increase prices for everyone. They have a tall order winning back lost Labour voters and need to demonstrate how Brexit can work for this demographic more than anyone.

Interested in how Greater Manchester peeps will be voting on May 4th. I'm going for Burnham as I think he's a genuinely decent and hard working bloke. Something desperately needs to be done about traffic, transport prices and the housing market.

I'm floating between Labour and Lib Dem; I really do not like Corbyn or momentum and the direction they are taking the party, the whole attitude of not engaging the working class who they see as racist is utterly at odds with my outlook, yo don't win by appealing to a core audience alone! and i just cannot get over the hipocrisy of being so anti EU and then half heartedly supporting the remain campaign, his floundering there cost us that vote! if he had unified his party correctly and actively campaigned to the working classes, discounted the lies spouted by the leavers then i fully expect we'd be still in the EU

I've done a few online polls and whilst they carry some weight they never take into account how a certain policy can massively detract from a party as a whole - A few polls i've done have me 60% Tory, 60% Lib Dem, 53% Labour, i know why, i think Nuclear Weapons are needed until a unilateral disarmament and i think harsher prison sentences and punishments are needed. Those push up the tory percentages, when i vote the traditional liberal view on those topics tory's drop to the low 30%

I'd not vote Tory given their stance on the NHS, Brexit and their social standards

not that i like the Labour policies as such either, i feel the talk about massive taxation for those they see as rich is disgusting and completely at odds with bettering our economy and society - pay caps on private firms? what intensive does that say to people wanting to set up an business and excell? why would they want to be world Class if the Government would cap their pay and heavily tax what's left? it feels like something King John would have done with the Sheriff of Nottingham!

I can understand requesting more tax and think that should happen but i feel closing loop holes and making those massive multinationals pay tax would have a greater benefit that targeting normal people

And then theres Brexit, i don't like it, i don't want it, but if its forced upon me i damn well don't want May at the helm given her odd sense of urgancy (although maybe she knows which way the french election will go and how that will impact on brexit?) so i'd want someone better or more liberal at the helm.

I'll be voting Labour. I most closely align with their policies and I like Corbyn much more than the any of the others. I'd rather have a PM who discusses and doesn't avoid questions by throwing insults about. I don't mind an indirect answer however, as long as it still has substance, which I find Corbyn does have.

...Interested in how Greater Manchester peeps will be voting on May 4th. I'm going for Burnham as I think he's a genuinely decent and hard working bloke. Something desperately needs to be done about traffic, transport prices and the housing market.

I'll be voting for Burnham. Of all the candidates he's the only one who has said how he'll aim to achieve his plans. The others have just said they'll do stuff but not backed it up with how they'll do it.

Plus I agree with him on more things than I do the others.

Edited by Kav

He's a respectable moderate, but my God his 2015 leadership campaign video was dreadful. Not as horrifying as Liz Kendall's in fairness. That really sat apart on a whole other plane of horror.

Voting Labour partly for JC and their policies, but more so because I'm anti-Conservatives and it's the only real alternative I can see carrying any weight right now. If we're lucky JC might shake up the voting system to allow a much better representation of the people's wishes going forwards in future; I don't feel FPTP does that particularly well right now.