NEurope
Hogge

Third party AAA games on Switch - A lost cause?

The only AAA games made by third parties that I want to see on the Switch would be sporting titles like Madden, NHL and FIFA. A new NBA game on the switch would be pretty awesome too, and that seems like it might actually be likely.

The new PES just got announced for PC/360/PS3/PS4/One and yet no mention of a Switch version. Well, they gave the Switch a new Bomberman, at least.

The new PES just got announced for PC/360/PS3/PS4/One and yet no mention of a Switch version. Well, they gave the Switch a new Bomberman, at least.

Surprising that it was announced on the Xbox 360. I thought Microsoft had all but thrown that in the landfill.

Surprising that it was announced on the Xbox 360. I thought Microsoft had all but thrown that in the landfill.

The game sells very few amounts so maybe they want it on as many platforms as possible.

Not sure why they would ignore the switch yet release on ps3/360. Would love to hear the reason for no Switch release.

Konami ignored Wii U with PES and now they ignore the switch. Truly depressing

Ubisoft have said: "We have new games on Switch. One new game not announced. One or two others as well".

Ubisoft I think have

Just Dance

Steep

Monopoly

Rayman

And an unannounced title? The Mario/Rabbids game?

Not great is it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that the statement was that they had one more unannounced game for this fiscal year. So it's more than possible post-March 2018 the Switch will have full support. Not saying that that'll happen, but I think Ubi are one of the publishers that are giving the Switch the most solid support.

Yeah that does kinda give off the image that EA haven't developed the engine for switch yet.

Doesn't that confirm FIFA will be port of the 360/PS3 game.

I believe that there recently was an EA interview/statement stating explicitely that FIFA for Switch will be based on the PS4/XBOne version, not the XB360/PS3 version.

I don't think that it makes much sense for EA to put any effort into making an old game engine (which is only built for one game genre) support a new system.

No, I think that EA want a flexible solution that will enable them to port all of their future games to the system.

Konami ignored Wii U with PES and now they ignore the switch. Truly depressing

Yeah kinda gutted about this. Had been asking Bhatti on twitter to no avail so kinda expected it. Sad as a few twitter fans were saying how great a platform match it would be (roaming MyClub FTW!).

With Nintendo's Bomberman good-will partnership it could have been a great start to new games. I guess that Mystical Ninja N64 port dream I have will never happen...

I'd expect PES 2019 if Switch continues to sell. Even the 3DS got a few versions until it stopped selling. Who knows, maybe Konami know it doesn't sell in the portable market...

Speaking of 3rd party...I REALLY hope the STEEP port isn't dead. I loved it on PS4 but stopped playing it hoping to get back into it on Switch. Come on Ubi!

Edited by tapedeck

• Good year for the traditional video game industry with additional shipments of PSVR, Nintendo Switch, and Project Scorpio all out this year

• Uses his own primary school daughter as an example of a child who never wanted a home console before but wants a Switch

• The important thing regarding Switch for software makers is what they users want

• Cites the DS/Wii as examples of hardware with explosive hardware sales that at the start of their cycles did well thanks to Nintendo showing others how to make games fitting of the hardware, while third parties originally struggled on these platforms and didn't sell very well

• Capcom aims to develop many different things for different hardware and is currently researching

• In regards to Switch, Capcom will think of how to support the Switch while looking at how Street Fighter 2 does on the system in May

• Asked about resurrecting old I.P by the interviewer after talking about the recent announcement of Capcom vs Marvel

• Capcom wants to resurrect old I.P, but doing so makes many problems crop up

• One of these problems is that they don't have enough people

• The lack of people is due to the fast advancement of tech making every title require more people than ever

• Also the development of their current I.P and new I.P means they have even less time to bring back old titles

Sounds like Capcom are testing the Switch audience to see whether they will support the console in a major way going forward. Better buy that Street Fighter game if we want more Capcom love. Saying that, if not buying Street Fighter someone helps get the Monster Hunter series back on the PlayStation, then I will happily give Street Fighter a miss. :D

Sounds like Capcom are testing the Switch audience to see whether they will support the console in a major way going forward. Better buy that Street Fighter game if we want more Capcom love. Saying that, if not buying Street Fighter someone helps get the Monster Hunter series back on the PlayStation, then I will happily give Street Fighter a miss. :D

Capcom are extremely stupid. How can you test the market with an overpriced decades old game?

Now while this won't effect a franchise like MH it sadly could effect other titles.

For reference :

USFII pre sales seem to be decent (Number 1 of all games on Amazon France, top 20 in America and UK, charting above Tekken 7).

Edited by liger05

@Clownferret you may be interested to see this. EA have just announced their EA Play/E3 lineup and it's now confirmed that FIFA on the Switch is something different to FIFA 18.

Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II

FIFA 18

Madden NFL 18

NBA LIVE 18

The latest Need for Speed™ experience

The Sims™ Mobile and The Sims™ 4

Battlefield™ 1: In The Name of the Tsar

New content from Star Wars™: Galaxy of Heroes and Titanfall 2

Madden NFL Mobile

NBA LIVE Mobile

EA SPORTS™ FIFA on the Nintendo Switch

Edited by Hero-of-Time

@Clownferret you may be interested to see this. EA have just announced their EA Play/E3 lineup and it's now confirmed that FIFA on the Switch is something different to FIFA 18.

Giant-head/feature stripped casual fest it is then.

They did thus with NCAA football on wii

ea-all-play-wii-logo.jpg

Edited by liger05

thats not a good sign. its gonna be some cut down version

EA is only doing this because they are contractually obliged by FIFA. This will be the only FIFA title you get on switch. one game and done. Its gonna be awful!

Edited by khilafah

I've always been skeptical about FIFA on Switch but was hesitantly optimistic for a competent version that I could play online and have fun with.

I'm still not completely dismayed, not least because we haven't seen it, but the alarm bells are ringing :blank:

To be honest, It's be content with a solid game that isn't numbered but gets updated rosters and kits each season for a small upgrade fee. The game needs to be good for that to be acceptable, though :heh:

Edited by nekunando

I think we all know deep down that this is basically confirmation that the Switch version of FIFA will be cut down and inferior to the PS4/X1 versions.

Hopefully it's just a lack of time to develop and it's on the same engine but missing a few features. I bet it's not thoigh sadly.

I think we all know deep down that this is basically confirmation that the Switch version of FIFA will be cut down and inferior to the PS4/X1 versions.

Hopefully it's just a lack of time to develop and it's on the same engine but missing a few features. I bet it's not thoigh sadly.

All I really need from FIFA is a solid game, like the most recent version, that I can play locally with friends or try to climb the divisions online against random strangers.

Ultimate team and whatever else would be no loss to me but I'm sure it would damage perception and sales.. probably rightly so!

EA should be making real football cards with players and stats to be bought in packets in shops that can be scanned in via the NFC reader on the Switch. Kids would love that sort of thing..

All I really need from FIFA is a solid game, like the most recent version, that I can play locally with friends or try to climb the divisions online against random strangers.

Ultimate team and whatever else would be no loss to me but I'm sure it would damage perception and sales.. probably rightly so!

EA should be making real football cards with players and stats to be bought in packets in shops that can be scanned in via the NFC reader on the Switch. Kids would love that sort of thing..

I'm the same as this - I don't understand the appeal of Ultimate Team in any way shape or form. My Fifa playing is 95% playing on my own, friendlies as spurs. The other 5% playing friends. So as long as it's good I'll be fine.

Yeah, it's a MASSIVE part of FIFA now and probably the most popular mode for the majority of players. I know lostmario and my nephew have put in a crazy amount of hours playing the weekend tournaments that they have.

What is Ultimate team?

It's Wales. Wales is THE ultimate team. :p

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

A third major topic that came up during the talk was Nintendo Switch. Asked how much support Take-Two and its labels plan to give the hybrid console, the executive started off by pointing out, "We're there, front and center" with the new NBA 2K game coming to the console this year.

Regarding Switch in general, Zelnick said, "We believe in it. We see it the way [Nintendo does]; it's been a very successful launch. It remains to be seen how it does, but we're excited about it. Assuming there is an installed base, we'll be there. Not with all of our titles, but selectively."

Source: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ro.../1100-6450459/

Confirming what we all expected...

[tweet]871748794433458176[/tweet]

The unprecedented partnership strikes again :indeed:

Edited by Dcubed

From NintendoEverything:

Update: This concerning note was found buried in the video:

DBkS5OPUwAA8uYB.jpg

It’s looking like FIFA 18 on Switch wasn’t made with the Frostbite engine, and at least one mode is missing. We’re hoping that EA hasn’t made a ton of compromises here. FIFA 18’s Switch version is likely more in line with the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions as opposed to PS4 and Xbox One.

Original: There’s been some uncertainty as to what FIFA on Switch actually is. EA seems to have finally settled on things, as a new announcement that just went out has the game down as “FIFA 18”.

Cristiano Ronaldo of Real Madrid C.F. will be appearing as the global cover star of FIFA 18. We also have confirmation that it’s launching on September 29 worldwide.

We’ve included a trailer promoting Ronaldo as FIFA 18’s cover athlete below.

Note: before anyone gets confused, the video above isn’t where we’ve received the information. A press email delivered to us notes that FIFA 18 is “launching worldwide September 29, 2017 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360 systems.”

This combined with Capcom not releasing Megaman collection 2 it's all a bit maddening.

What the fuck is capcoms excuse?! Same with the afternoon collection. Utterly mental!