NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Direct - April 12 - 23:00

This is just going to be Arms and Splatoon 2 isn't it. :blank:

No they said there will be 3DS games too.

MH Stories heading West. Well, this Direct has already satisfied me. :D

Not sure I think this new format. They are spoiling what they are about to show. :(

MH Stories heading West. Well, this Direct has already satisfied me. :D

Not sure I think this new format. They are spoiling what they are about to show. :(

Yeah, I'm not sure if I like it either but I'm sure the headlines will be quite vague about proper surprises. I like the brevity of each section though, they used to spend too much time talking about one game.

HAHA! They are finally releasing Brain Training!!

Dem Cloud amiibo.

I guess they weren't really focused on getting it released earlier. :p

Oh lord I'm a mess trying to do too many things at once.

The ARMS commentary was painful.

Edited by Ashley

I know its focussed on Arms and that but yeah its a bit zzzzz watching it so indepth

Payday 2...

Can't decide if I should be insanely hyped that one of my fave games is coming to the Switch, or disappointed that the biggest third party release announced for the system is a port of a two year old game.

Snappy!

ARMS looks decent and it was nice to see Nintendo nod at the inclusion of a single player component in Splatoon 2 but other than that it seems pretty clear that they're holding plenty back for E3 :hehe:

Not an amazing Direct, but a solid one to tide us over until E3. I'm happy. Wish there was Pokémon spinoffs in it, but happy regardless.

Overall my impressions were that it was a poor Direct. Nintendo still not giving out any info on game features etc. which is what I'd hoped for.

Nothing really great announced for me but it was a solid direct. ARMS in June and Splatoon in July is good, first party titles are nicely spread out we just need the space between them filled by third party and virtual console releases. I think the Monopoly port is interesting, seems very much like a mobile game with added controller & rumble support. Will be interesting to see how the Switch does with games like that, if they start to become popular it could open up a new niche for the Switch.

It was what they said it would be.

Much prefer this headline format than the previous formats of Nintendo directs. Much better!!!

E3 is around the corner so this was never going to me full of software announcements.

Arms looks dope and great that splatoon will have horde mode

Strong showing for the 3DS but nothing exciting for me in terms of Switch stuff. I guess I will continue to wait with my purchase until Nintendo shows something more appealing to me.

Horde mode in Splatoon 2 would get me hyped if it wasn't for the questions and doubt surrounding the online setup. Also, did they just lock custom load outs behind amiibo?

They so seem to be pushing multiplayer a lot. Not really seen that from Nintendo before.

Being a 3D gamer, I think it's too bad that Namco Museum doesn't seem to contain any PS1 games.

Would buy it in a heartbeat if it'd include Tekken 3 and Ridge Racer Type 4 running at 1080p/60fps

maxresdefault.jpg

epsxe2014-09-0819-31-phu5t.png

I was really enjoying it, but felt strangely disappointed by the end. The 3DS line-up was good, and I actually want most of those games to some extent - Hey Pikmin, Ever Oasis, Fire Emblem Echoes - depending on how they actually turn out.

As for Switch, I already knew I wasn't interested in Splatoon 2 or ARMS, so I can't complain about that. I was pleased to see a Neo Geo game I was interested in, and a few of the other eShop games look decent.

There's no doubt about it - the elephant in the room is the Virtual Console. It seems really odd to me that other companies can get their emulators working on Switch, yet Nintendo has not done so with their own consoles. It actually might not happen.

Overall, I don't regret having a Switch, as playing Zelda in that format is enough for me; but if it wasn't, I wouldn't buy one until Mario Odyssey.

Ubisoft continue to disappoint with there switch announcements.

Monopoly. Fuck that!!

How about some steep news? They have showed nothing at all.

But there's HD rumble so you can feel the die rattle.

Bloody spoiled gamers wanting games that aren't 114 years old.

I'm not sure what to think about third parties?

Are they scrambling now to release something after healthy switch sales?

Did third parties get dev kits late?

Is there just nothing to announce?

I'm not really sure what the answer is but direct or not I'm I'm finding it hard to believe they are all just waiting for E3.

Some announcements are just strange. Payday 2 seems bizarre to me. It's very old and didn't the console versions suck?

Monopoly is just not even worth announcing. Ubisoft really are Jokers

I imagine with 3rd parties they'll wait for E3 rather than a Direct if they're going to announce anything new.

Did make me think, whatever happened to that Rabbids RPG rumour?