NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Direct - April 12 - 23:00

Some announcements are just strange. Payday 2 seems bizarre to me. It's very old and didn't the console versions suck?

From what I understand, whether the console versions of Payday 2 suck depends on when you ask. Some patches improve performance, while others ruin it. Last time I played, the Steam forums were enraged that the latest patch had made Payday 2 unstable even on powerful gaming rigs.

HOWEVER, I don't think it's bizarre at all. The developers have made a terriffic job of updating Payday 2 over the years. I can easily say that the difference between Payday 2 on launch and Payday 2 today (not even counting the actual DLC) is bigger than the difference between Splatoon and Splatoon 2 (unless Nintendo are still witholding info on a whole slew of new features). Payday 2 is going to continue to get new DLC until AT LEAST the end of 2018, so in other words it's still got as much life in it as Call of Duty WWII.

Not interesting at all from my perspective. Except this, obviously.

c9psrhdumaaqldm.jpg?fit=930%2C651&strip=all

I was delighted to see neon yellow but I still want a neon green too :grin:

Not interesting at all from my perspective. Except this, obviously.

c9psrhdumaaqldm.jpg?fit=930%2C651&strip=all

They stole that idea from me ;)

17626537_10154981337841263_147709960995884698_n.jpg?oh=34fcdbfba45b0e52177a45c626d29e84&oe=5991811F

Something not shown to Western audiences (gee whiz, I wonder why) from the Direct:

Edited by Julius Caesar

Did make me think, whatever happened to that Rabbids RPG rumour?

Especially as Mario and Luigi Rabbid statues were in an official Ubisoft video.

A poor direct.

In terms of new announcements there were little to be excited about on the Switch side at all. Monopoly!? Seriously?

Roll on E3

Well, it came as advertised I guess!

Arms isn't particularly on my radar due to lack of TV time with my Switch, Splatoon 2 looks great as expected and a horde mode is a great addition. Also, July 21st release date?! Last time I remember a big game coming out in the summer months was Perfect Dark on the 30th June!

Our house is really looking forward to Rayman Legends, cannot believe they don't have a release date yet for a four year old port!

Edited by Kaepora_Gaebora
Automerged Doublepost

I laughed like a hyena at the Devilish Brain Training announcement. I love how even they acknowledged the ridiculous delay :laughing:

I actually didn't think they'd bother with Monster Hunter Stories and Miitopia after their disappointing Japanese sales either. Bodes well for continued localisations of the remaining titles (Dai Gyakuten Saiban 1 & 2 feels like a real possiblity now!)

Just for fun, the list of remaining, significant, Japanese only 3DS titles that Nintendo/3rd parties could still bring over...

1st Party

Jam With the Band Pro

Detective Pikachu

Nikki's Travel Quiz (so incredibly minor that it probably won't happen though)

Photos with Pikmin (A likely candidate to help promote Hey! Pikmin)

Rusty's Real Deal Baseball (Probably not gonna happen due to EU regulations on F2P games)

3rd Party

Lady Layton

Monster Hunter XX (Which will probably get a Switch port as well)

Dai Gyakuten Saiban 1

Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2

The Snack World

Yo-Kai Watch 3

Dragon Quest IX 3DS

Theatrythm Dragon Quest

Dragon Quest Rocket Slime 3

Dragon Quest Monsters 1 Remake

Dragon Quest Monsters 2 Remake

Dragon Quest Monsters 3 Joker (Hopefully they just skip straight to the Professional version this time)

EX Troopers

Megami Meguri

Little Battlers Experience W

Little Battlers Experience Senki Wars

Inazuma Eleven GO 3: Galaxy

Etrian Odyssey 5

Etrian Odyssey Mystery Dungeon 2

Radiant Historia Remake

SMT: Deep Strange Journey

Puyo Puyo Chronicles (Super long-shot, but PPT is coming, so... maybe?)

Puyo Puyo 7/Puyo Puyo 20th Anniversary (why the hell not?)

There's still plenty left for Nintendo to bring over to keep the 3DS going for a while, even though the 1st party well has pretty much completely dried up now.

Being a 3D gamer, I think it's too bad that Namco Museum doesn't seem to contain any PS1 games.

Would buy it in a heartbeat if it'd include Tekken 3 and Ridge Racer Type 4 running at 1080p/60fps

maxresdefault.jpg

epsxe2014-09-0819-31-phu5t.png

Agreed. It's really cool to see them revive the Namco Museum label (how long has it been? Almost a decade by now I think!), but I find it hard to get excited by a NM collection that consists of nothing but the early titles... yet again...

Gimme some of the System 22 and 23 titles and more games from around that era and I'll be MUCH more interested though!

Edited by Dcubed

Something not shown to Western audiences (gee whiz, I wonder why)...

Haha, can't wait! "What do you do for a living?" "I'm a breast physics engineer."

Also, Nights of Azure is coming out in Japan. The game recently got released on Steam, so we might see a localisation.

Something not shown to Western audiences (gee whiz, I wonder why) from the Direct:

Is that the Senran Kagura bloke?

Anyway, I double checked the Neo Geo section, and it does indeed feature Blazing Star, so I'm happy!

It is indeed!

LOL. I don't understand the fixation.

It's funny how cultures are different, and Japan can have that in their presentation. I've no idea what the actual gameplay is... he just showed how they were trying to emulate jelly!!

LOL. I don't understand the fixation.

It's funny how cultures are different, and Japan can have that in their presentation. I've no idea what the actual gameplay is... he just showed how they were trying to emulate jelly!!

Yes. "Jelly".

Amazing! There's so little interest in Hey! Pikmin that it doesn't even have a thread of it's own. Sad.

This is sadder though. A shame, because I thought that it could be fun. But alas, the guesses were right and Arzest is indeed developing it.

I still think that a 2D Pikmin game could be really good (hell, Kirby Mass Attack proves that!), but this won't be it sadly. I would make a thread, but I don't think it's worth it anymore...

Amazing! There's so little interest in Hey! Pikmin that it doesn't even have a thread of it's own. Sad.

This is sadder though. A shame, because I thought that it could be fun. But alas, the guesses were right and Arzest is indeed developing it.

I still think that a 2D Pikmin game could be really good (hell, Kirby Mass Attack proves that!), but this won't be it sadly. I would make a thread, but I don't think it's worth it anymore...

http://www.n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58750

Arzest were Artoon who were awesome.

They made one iffy game (which wasn't even a bad game, it was just not imaginative at all) and everyone is doom saying.

God, I hope Retro's next game doesn't suck