NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Direct - April 12 - 23:00

Isn't it rotating who gets the best spot each year? Last year it was Europe, I think, then this year it's US and then next year it's Japan. Or some other order but that's the principle, I guess.

Come on Pokémon

A HD handheld pokemon with portable and static aspects would shift tens of millions of Switches. I can't believe this hasn't been announced already.

A HD handheld pokemon with portable and static aspects would shift tens of millions of Switches. I can't believe this hasn't been announced already.

Having just started a new generation on 3DS, it's a weird thing. Typically, Game Freak don't like shifting device until a new generation (which would be 2019), but this may change it. They'd have a lot of compatibility stuff to have to deal with first.

I could see it being 3DS and Switch though.

I'm expecting Pokkén or Pokémon Rumble here though

I'm expecting Pokkén or Pokémon Rumble here though

I would love another one of these. It's such a nice pick up a play game. It would work really well with the Switch, what with local co-op being a part of the game.

Pokken has to be a shoe-in for Switch. If not at E3, then now seems like a good time to announce it.

I mean, the fact that the new content from the Arcade version hasn't come to Wii U speaks volumes...

Also, you know, LAN/Local Wireless is kind of a big thing with Switch...

Pokken has to be a shoe-in for Switch. If not at E3, then now seems like a good time to announce it.

I mean, the fact that the new content from the Arcade version hasn't come to Wii U speaks volumes...

Also, you know, LAN/Local Wireless is kind of a big thing with Switch...

I'd actually be surprised if we hear nothing about Pokkén by September

I would love another one of these. It's such a nice pick up a play game. It would work really well with the Switch, what with local co-op being a part of the game.

Especially since...

2 years ago, Pokémon Rumble World came out

4 years ago, Pokémon Rumble U came out

6 years ago, Pokémon Rumble Blast came out

8 years ago, Pokémon Rumble came out.

I'd be happy for it to show up at some point but not now. As selfish as it is, i'm wanting Nintendo to give me a reason to buy the Switch and another deluxe edition of a Wii U game isn't that. I'd honestly take a new Pokemon Rumble over Pokken Deluxe.

Seriously, people have such weird recollection of how other devices launches go. This is not that different.

I seem to remember that very soon after launch I had FIFA, COD, AC, Batman plus many others for Wii U plus the in-house games.

With the exception of Fifa I'm not seeing any of this on the horizon for Switch.

I really need Gamecube VC dropping soon.

I don't play many games, I only want FIFA with UT (even though it's utterly corrupt and or broken) a decent motion plus golf game and an online shooter

I'd be happy for it to show up at some point but not now. As selfish as it is, i'm wanting Nintendo to give me a reason to buy the Switch and another deluxe edition of a Wii U game isn't that. I'd honestly take a new Pokemon Rumble over Pokken Deluxe.

PokéPark Switch would be nice

I seem to remember that very soon after launch I had FIFA, COD, AC, Batman plus many others for Wii U plus the in-house games.

With the exception of Fifa I'm not seeing any of this on the horizon for Switch.

No offense but why did you buy a Switch at launch then? None of these types of games were announced before the console came out and they weren't going to magically release out of thin air once the Switch had a good start. Even then, it's still up in the air if the likes of Ubisoft, EA and WB want to fully get behind the console. The launch period was always going to be about Zelda and a few indie games...oh, and Mario Kart but you may have already played that on the Wii U.

Far be it from me to tell you how to spend your money, but would it not have been better to wait and see how things play out and in the mean time just get your online shooter/FIFA fix from your PS4?

PokéPark Switch would be nice

Indeed. That's another underrated Pokemon spin-off series that i'm quite fond of.

Capcom teasing that some Monster Hunter Frontier news is coming today, apparently...

YAY!

Capcom teasing that some Monster Hunter Frontier news is coming today, apparently...

Boo!

This gif makes me sad about the disappointing Breath of the Wild.

Madman confirmed.

Wonder if we'll hear anything about 'Steep'?

Looks like a great game and we've heard next to nothing since it was announced.

Probably the same game as was released last year on PS4/XBO?

Probably the same game as was released last year on PS4/XBO?

Yeah it is. Looks good.

Apparently there's a MK8 Deluxe Switch Bundle to be announced.

Only just barely mind you. 23:00 BST is such a stupid time for a Direct! (Even in Japan, it's like 07:00 in the morning! It's like they only care about the US here :blank:)

Better than 4am or whatever crazy time the Switch event was.

Apparently there's a MK8 Deluxe Switch Bundle to be announced.

People already queuing for it :yay:

A Mario Kart bundle will sell like crazy.

I don't think there will be a bundle yet though. MK bundle is perfect for holiday season.

Edited by liger05

Right, last minute speculation time! :D

Arms

Tonnes of new stages

Character breakdown

Amiibo

Punch Out!! stage & characters

I reckon we're going to see some kind of Punch Out!! additions as the chance to do so seems so perfect, perhaps stuff will be unlocked with the Little Mac amiibo or perhaps we'll see some brand new ones.

So we'll likely get Ribbon Girl and Spring Man as amiibo figures with Arms Little Mac possibly in a robot suit or something, that's my wild prediction anyway oh and Arms characters in Super Smash Bros. Switch of course. :heh:

Splatoon 2

More stages

New characters perks

Amiibo

Nintendo character themed outfits

Online modes

There doesn't feel like there's much to say about Splatoon 2 but I think we'll be surprised by just how much there is to it, a new Single Player campaign possibly building on the first one or even including it as a bonus but with more to do plus plenty about the lore within the series.

All previous Splatoon amiibo will work with the game, Callie & Marie will get new figures based on their probably fresh new looks though you can use either to get the rewards which will be more arcade games and outfits plus the original arcade games maybe included in the base game because why waste the chance to include them for anyone who didn't have the original game?

Oh and all amiibo figures will unlock either an outfit or a decal for your weapon or even themed weapons themselves.

And the wildest prediction of all? Voice Chat of course, on the console, with your choice of headset, no mobile device required. ;)

Also

Online detailed

System Update

Themes

Mario Kart bundle

Pikmin?

The online will surely be at least touched upon, pricing etc... get some solid release dates out for all aforementioned games if possible, detail pre-order bonuses like the Arms Stress Ball which I know we are getting because... Nintendo updated the pre-orders and e-mailed everyone a few hours ago. :p

Have several themes available soon, with one free while the rest will be paid for, talk about that Mario Kart Bundle because... it prints money, let everyone know about the amiibo support, briefly mention Pikmin on the 3DS maybe, cough a little bit as a tumble weed blows by with a Wii U logo attached to it. :blush:

Oh and one more thing...

Switch Virtual Console

NES

SNES

N64

GC

Wii

GB/GBC/GBA

All available, right now!

Yeah right, drip fed... a few a week, if you have them on your NNID already then you've got them or a small fee, bring back some lost classics which we haven't seen in ages, talk about bringing back Sega platforms in the future.

Then... boom! VC actually launches now with a few favourite titles but not the ones which they'll be keeping as the monthly paid subscription based ones but the upshot is that we'll get at least one GameCube title available right now which doesn't use the Digitial Click feature but fear not because there will be new GC joycons coming soon.

Thanks for Watching! :D

Ubisoft bit strange. We have literally seen nothing from steep or Rayman.

Getting steep about near release date would have seen them have much more chance of shifting units.