NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Direct - April 12 - 23:00

I knew you would be! :heh:

Seems a Direct never goes by without some mention of bloody Fire Emblem!

Well Echoes is out next month, so it'll probably be mentioned. :p

Unlikely with E3 two months away and them saying the Direct focuses on Splatoon 2 and Arms

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Nintendo aren't releasing ANYTHING in June or July. So atless Nintendo will be like "This is the new Metroid Prime and it's available... NOW!", then we have reason to think that they'll announce SOMETHING.

It doesn't need to be much, it could just be an HD Remake of Waverace 64 or something like that.

Anyways, this is sent on my birtday, so I'm happy with it :)

Here are my hopes/expectations

35-48 minute Direct

Around 10 minutes of Splatoon 2

-Gameplay Modes

-Story

-amiibo

-Launch Date

Around 10 minutes of ARMS

-Gameplay Modes

-Story

-amiibo

-Launch Date

Around 15-28 minutes of everything else

-Virtual Console

-Pokémon spin-off (Pokkén, Rumble, Dungeon etc.) on Switch

-Pikmin 3DS

-Mario Kart 8

-Ever Oasis

-Possibly Fire Emblem Warriors trailer

-Zelda amiibo

-Localisations (Miitopia, Monster Hunter XX, Yo-kai Watch 2 Shinuchi etc.)

-Indie Sizzle Reel

-First Party Announcement

-Surprise #1

-Surprise #2

-Animal Crossing Mobile Direct announcement

Nothing major, but still good stuff.

Hopefully a release date for Yooka-Laylee will be announced.

I believe we will get ARMS & Splatoon 2 release dates and another indie reel. That's it.

Well they've already sold 2 million consoles on the back of Zelda. Arms isn't value system seller, and Mario kart and splats on are remakes so unless they have got something big up their sleeves Switch is heading for a Wii U sized cliff to fall off.

Mostly looking for a Splatoon 2 release date. Hoping it hits before E3

New franchises (I mean, I'd be fine with one-offs but who are we kidding, this is the fucking videogames industry). Like at least one original game.

I do love Nintendo's turn based franchises so Advance Wars or Fire Emblem would be great.

Also...maybe a Zelda remastered collection with Wind Waker and Twilight Princess in one package? Too much to ask? Probably.

Well they've already sold 2 million consoles on the back of Zelda. Arms isn't value system seller, and Mario kart and splats on are remakes so unless they have got something big up their sleeves Switch is heading for a Wii U sized cliff to fall off.

That's a bit of a stretch.

For one, Splatoon isn't a remake. It's a sequel.

Second, people doubted Splatoon's selling power, and yet it sold really well. Don't count ARMS out yet.

Dragon Quest XI is a possible show here too. Maybe we'll get a western announcement for the 3DS game here? Or perhaps even our first look at the Switch version?

I'm hoping for a first party title for the summer, but I don't think this is very likely to happen. I'd like to see something Sin&Punishment related, or a woolly world/epic yarn sequel.

All aboard the hype train!

pil92gradotx.png

:p

That's a bit of a stretch.

For one, Splatoon isn't a remake. It's a sequel.

Second, people doubted Splatoon's selling power, and yet it sold really well. Don't count ARMS out yet.

Yeah but come on this a brand new console by the new Nintendo who have learnt all their lessons from previous mistakes. Where are all these 3rd party games they were bragging about? Other than the first few million console sales to us loyal fans, I can't see why anybody else would buy a Switch. I can't believe I'm the only person who thinks sales are going to plummet.

Well, they might get away with Mario Kart and Splatoon being big hits due to relatively low public awareness of the Wii U versions. It's a shame when something doesn't get the recognition it deserves (not that I'm interested in either game, to be honest), but that's the way it is. Similar to the way relatively few people realise Twilight Princess was released on the GameCube, despite it being made for that machine.

I've just accepted Nintendo's 2017 may not be for me (at retail) until Super Mario Odyssey. Seeing Metroid and some other big games at E3 would take the sting away.

Other than the first few million console sales to us loyal fans, I can't see why anybody else would buy a Switch. I can't believe I'm the only person who thinks sales are going to plummet.

Once I'm finally done with Zelda in a few weeks, I'll concentrate on Snipperclips and Fast RMX, then Shovel Knight's new campaign. After that Snake Pass with a bit of Graceful Explosion Machine every so often. Mario Kart 8, Splatoon 2, Arms will keep me busy over Summer, and then there's things like Rime, Binding of Isaac, Stardew Valley, Steamworld Dig 2, Fire Emblem, the new Sonic game(s), and whatever they announce at E3, for Q2 and Q3. Oh and a likely second GOTY contender in Mario Odyssey fast approaching. Throw in some Street Fighter 2, Redout, Runner 3, Hollow Knight, Pocket Rumble and plenty more and yeah, I won't be putting my Switch down any time soon.

Yeah but come on this a brand new console by the new Nintendo who have learnt all their lessons from previous mistakes. Where are all these 3rd party games they were bragging about? Other than the first few million console sales to us loyal fans, I can't see why anybody else would buy a Switch. I can't believe I'm the only person who thinks sales are going to plummet.

They're in development.

Seriously, people have such weird recollection of how other devices launches go. This is not that different.

They're in development.

Seriously, people have such weird recollection of how other devices launches go. This is not that different.

With the exception that a lot of 3rd Parties haven't said they are definitely supporting Switch yet. Whereas they all state support of other consoles.

They're in development.

That's speculating no?

We don't know what 3rd party titles are in development.

I wouldn't be assuming they are coming just yet.

You know that it's not the same as other platforms in the sense third party titles are guaranteed on those consoles so there isnt really any guessing involved. With the switch we have no idea.

Even with titles confirmed we still are short on details. DQ we have no idea what version it will be.

EA can't even confirm if Fifa will be the frostbite version.

Ubisoft haven't confirmed release dates for Rayman or Steep.

I love my switch but let's be real the third party content is something we just don't know enough.

Hopefully a release date for Yooka-Laylee will be announced.

I believe we will get ARMS & Splatoon 2 release dates and another indie reel. That's it.

I'm not expecting more than this, but I'm wondering if we'll get a glimpse of the Zelda dlc released this summer. But that may be a E3 thing (though I personally think it's too small for E3).

I'm mostly interested in a Yooka Laylee releasedate. I haven't made up my mind yet on Splatoon and Arms, but Arms I'm unlikely to buy, and I lost some interest in Splatoon after the testfire. I do expect some releasedates for Indiegames we've seen in the Nindies direct, and I expect them soon, and I'm sure there will be something I like.

Just posting the trophies in the Disney Afternoon Collection over in the Other Console board made me realise that it still hasn't been announced for the Switch yet. I wonder if we could see it being shown off in this Direct? I'm still hoping it gets a Switch release. Seems weird that a collection of NES games wouldn't hit the console.

Just posting the trophies in the Disney Afternoon Collection over in the Other Console board made me realise that it still hasn't been announced for the Switch yet. I wonder if we could see it being shown off in this Direct? I'm still hoping it gets a Switch release. Seems weird that a collection of NES games wouldn't hit the console.

I'm pretty sure that the reason that's not happening is because they're coming via the VC instead (which, looking at the developer's past track record and what happened with the Mega Man Legacy Collection, would definitiely be the preferable option).

Snip

Only just barely mind you. 23:00 BST is such a stupid time for a Direct! (Even in Japan, it's like 07:00 in the morning! It's like they only care about the US here :blank:)

Edited by Dcubed

Only just barely mind you. 23:00 BST is such a stupid time for a Direct! (Even in Japan, it's like 07:00 in the morning! It's like they only care about the US here :blank:)

There are only a handful of times that are good for all three regions. This is, strangely, one of them.

The other is afternoon for us which is early morning in America and late night in Japan.

Whatever is picked, someone gets screwed.

There are only a handful of times that are good for all three regions. This is, strangely, one of them.

The other is afternoon for us which is early morning in America and late night in Japan.

Whatever is picked, someone gets screwed.

Yeah, I guess so. I suppose we just got lucky before when we got the afternoon slot, now I've been spoilt by it :p

Yeah, I guess so. I suppose we just got lucky before when we got the afternoon slot, now I've been spoilt by it :p

Yeah, and now it's clear that UK is the only market that's not loving the Switch, they're punishing us :p