NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Direct - April 12 - 23:00

Likely to be Arms, Splatoon 2 and 9 new Fire Emblem mobile games.

Fixed this :p

Couldn't care less for this direct right now, but if they show more new and interesting games that I can get once I have my Switch I'm a happy camper.

My hopes:

* A free patch for Zelda so I can track Koroks (although I suspect it'll be part of the DLC)

* More arcade games on eShop

* A high-res, eShop remaster of A Link to the Past

Are we supposed to believe this will happen this time? I'm no mug.

April 12 is basically like April 1st 2.

It's on all Nintendo social media :p

Unlikely with E3 two months away and them saying the Direct focuses on Splatoon 2 and Arms

Unlikely with E3 two months away and them saying the Direct focuses on Splatoon 2 and Arms

But is not exclusive to. It will give stuff for other Switch and 3DS games.

We've never had a Nintendo Direct that hasn't had at least one new reveal. Hopefully they don't buck this trend.

Hoping for release dates on Sonic Mania and Yooka-Laylee but don't think a Nintendo Direct will be the place for that.

Anything new would be nice. Some form of Resident Evil announcement maybe?

I think the majority of the Direct will be expanding upon games we already know about but I'm up for being surprised!

I'm thinking if there is a new announcement it'll be a mobile title, the Animal Crossing mobile game was delayed in in January out of the 2016/17 fiscal year so that must be due for release at some point soon. Hopefully they announce more details on the virtual console and the online service, would be nice to have all of that out of the way before E3 so they can focus solely on new games there.

Come on Pokémon

I'm really hoping that we see something Pokémon related soon (I mean, this month or next is typically the usual time for them to drop a game announcement), but I can't help but feel that Pokémon would have their own Direct for such an announcement, as they have recently with the main series games.

:/

I'm really hoping that we see something Pokémon related soon (I mean, this month or next is typically the usual time for them to drop a game announcement), but I can't help but feel that Pokémon would have their own Direct for such an announcement, as they have recently with the main series games.

:/

ORAS never got a Direct.

ORAS got a random video in a random afternoon of a random Wednesday in May 2014, with no (official) heads up or anything.

ORAS never got a Direct.

ORAS got a random video in a random afternoon of a random Wednesday in May 2014, with no (official) heads up or anything.

That's right, it was like a 45 second video featuring their cutscenes and the boxart, wasn't it?

Though, I suppose it is worth considering that that was a remake of other previous games that were widely expected by the community, and that XY received a Direct - being the start of Gen VI - and SM did also - being the start of Gen VII and the celebration of the 20th anniversary.

Whatever's coming next, judging from how Gen VII has unfolded, is beyond a prediction in my opinion, what with all of this generation's event Pokémon likely to have been distributed with Ash Pikachu soon and Marshadow later this year.

Gen VII truly does feel like something of a standalone generation - perhaps pushed further by the lack of console spin-off announcements and what seems to be the delay of the next chapter in Detective Pikachu - meant simply as the 3DS' swan song and a celebration of the franchise as opposed to the typical 3/4 year life span of previous generations.

That's right, it was like a 45 second video featuring their cutscenes and the boxart, wasn't it?

Though, I suppose it is worth considering that that was a remake of other previous games that were widely expected by the community, and that XY received a Direct - being the start of Gen VI - and SM did also - being the start of Gen VII and the celebration of the 20th anniversary.

Whatever's coming next, judging from how Gen VII has unfolded, is beyond a prediction in my opinion, what with all of this generation's event Pokémon likely to have been distributed with Ash Pikachu soon and Marshadow later this year.

Gen VII truly does feel like something of a standalone generation - perhaps pushed further by the lack of console spin-off announcements and what seems to be the delay of the next chapter in Detective Pikachu - meant simply as the 3DS' swan song and a celebration of the franchise as opposed to the typical 3/4 year life span of previous generations.

Na it just had their boxart.

Based on anime's progression, we're nowhere near done with Gen 7 so no it won't be standalone. Whatever comes next is still Gen 7

ORAS never got a Direct.

Reasonably odd you mention this.

Just last night, I was watching one of my old vlogs and it was from the day those games were announced as I mentioned it.

April Fools comes late this year! Woohoo!

Come on Mother 3, GCN Virtual Console and F-Zero NX! :bouncy:

Likely to be Arms, Splatoon 2 and 9 new Fire Emblem games.

I'm OK with that. :p

SE are doing a DQXI stream in 9-ish hours. xSeed are hinting at bringing games over. Coincidence? Probably.

I'm OK with that. :p

I knew you would be! :heh:

Seems a Direct never goes by without some mention of bloody Fire Emblem!

April 12 is basically like April 1st 2.

But they should have called it Ap2il.