NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Londragon

Formula 1 2017

Well, two races in and looks like it could be a blinder of Year if the yoyo momentum keeps up pace. Ferrari, even losing to Merc in China, do look like they have the better package early on.

And the battles in mud field between Force India, Sauber, and Renault look to be far more interesting than last year.

Also, Alonso is on top form praising his better than the car performance.

Let's hope for close competition this year. Predictions anyone?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Been really enjoying it so far, and agree it looks like it will shape up to be a great season. Vettel was unlucky with the safety car but I don't think it would have changed the result, in those kind of conditions I think Hamilton would have had it under control. I think Hamilton will more than likely take the title, and I don't think it will be as close as people think right now. I do think we'll have a great battle though.

I hope Alonso gets the hell away from McLaren at the end of the year. I want to see him in the Mercedes and just give us three years of the two best drivers in the best car and let's see what happens. He's been my favourite driver since 1999 when I was watching basically all motorsport available (wish I could be a teenager again), and I just want to see him where he should be again. Can't believe he's 8 points off being a 5 time world champion.

Yeah, really been great so far this season. China especially was a great race with some great overtaking moves, Bahrain wasn't half bad either and it's nice to finally see another team up there alongside Mercedes, because I just became flat out bored with F1 after last season despite seeing Rosberg retire. New cars have reinvigorated my interest though.

Been following F1 for a very long time now, started watching it in 1998 though I was always on and off until 2009 when I started watching every single race which I did from then until now. Mostly neutral towards all drivers and teams but if I had to pick a favourite team it would either be McLaren or Renault. So, kind of disappointed both are doing bad/average right now, especially McLaren. This is a team that were regular race winners 5 years ago and now they've dropped to backmarker standard. Fair enough to Alonso doing the Indy 500, if it helps motivate him to continue performing then so be it but I do suspect that such an event might mark the start of his F1 exit.

Hoping Bottas can win a race this year, so disappointing for him today after getting pole position and then losing out to both Vettel and Hamilton.

BOTTAS! So pleased for him. One of the good guys in formula one. Three different winners from the first four races, here's hoping this season will give us a good title fight.

It's shaping up to be a cracker. The way the cars seem to be matched we could end up with a 4-way title fight - that would be awesome.

Likewise I'm happy for Bottas, glad to see him finally getting the win.

Sochi was hella boring.

I was going to post something, but was so bored by the whole affair that I declined. Hope things pick up, yay for Bottas though!

What a race! Best of the season by far, gutted that Bottas got Stroll on the last lap.

I'd agree that was the best race of the season so far, good to see so much action happening on track.

Thoughts on the Hamilton/Vettel incident? Seems to me the initial incident was basically 50/50 but as Vettel was behind you'd have to place the blame with him even though I can understand why he might be pissed by it. After that, I actually don't think he really meant to hit Hamilton and I think that's why he's been a bit sheepish in interviews afterwards. Up until that point, he felt he had the right to be pissed, but once he hit him he's the bad guy and he doesn't really know how to justify it without either looking like a dangerous driver who deliberately hit someone or a crap driver that accidentally hit someone.

I am surprised he hasn't been pushed more on it. I feel like the media should have really questioned him on it, and I also feel like he should be punished more for it. For me I think anything like this should be worthy of something quite heavy on the punishment side, I'd go as far as to look at race bans quite honestly.

I honestly think Hamilton was maintaining speed, not slowing down or speeding up.  However, he did let the safety car disappear off into the distance quite a bit.  Vetel just let his eye of the ball and ploughed into him.  His behaviour after, while not 100% intentional, it looks like he maintained too fast a pace whilst his hands were off the steering wheel gesticulating, is unforgivable.  A nice bit of dangerous driving/road rage, that should have been punished a little more severely, like a black flag for him.  He was so fortunate to come away with a 4th place after pulling that stunt.

Really entertaining race throughout, who thought so many safety cars and a red flag could be exciting.

Vettel should be ashamed of himself for that. He is a 4-time World Champion at the end of the day... At least MSC would have had the grace to be sly and less painfully obvious about it :heh:

He should have been black flagged, or given a one race ban in Austria. The fact he ended up in front of Hamilton is surely a bitter pill to swallow for Lewis. I do think the media should have pushed him a bit more on it, but I think Seb will have this hanging over him now over the next few races. He will no doubt be viewed much more negativity by the fans and his fellow drivers, hopefully it will put things into perspective for him. It was a disgrace. Loving the fireworks though and really loving this season so far.

No further action against Vettel. Interesting look at the fallout here and here.

Poor decision, and sets a bad precedent. I wonder what action we'll see against other drivers who overstep the mark like Vettel did here and in Mexico last year.

Sign in to follow this