NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hogge

Games you want to see on Switch

It would be great if this theory explained the lack of third party ports but LEGO City Undercover begs to differ.

But Lego City: Undercover is an enhanced port that launches on all three consoles simultaneously. Then again, how does one explain Disgaea 5... Sure, that's a 'complete edition' so strictly no straight port, but Rayman Legends is a 'definitive edition'. Either there is no rhyme or reason, apart from third parties not being that enthusiastic about porting their games, or Ubisoft just being lazy. ;)

Anyhoo, I wouldn't mind a new Punch-Out. Maybe Arms will fill that spot, but while it seems fun, Punch-Out is more puzzle than fighter to begin with.

Edited by Strange Cookie

Another Code 3
Little King's Story 2

Yeah, another Cing (..) game would be high on my list yes. I want both, but out of these 2 I'd slightly prefer Another Code, and more importantly, if either has any chance, than I think an Another Code sequel would be more likely (since both games were published by Nintendo, unlike Little King's story).

If people from the former studio would start a Kickstarter for either, I'd back the fuck out of that. Though they'd be needing the help of the relevant publishers / whoever owns the licenses.

I got a mail from Steam notifying me Crawl is out of early access. It's a local 4-player multiplayer dungeoncrawler game that's simultaneously co-op and counter-op. It's always 3 vs 1, the hero vs the monsters, and the one who manages to slay the hero becomes the hero. Sounds like fun, but never bothered with it due to lack of online multiplayer. But this would be perfect for Switch.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/293780/?snr=1_620_4_1401_45

I've already mentioned some other games in the general Switch thread I'd like to see.

Zack & Wiki 2

Red Steel 3

Xcom 2

Fire Emblem - Hey this is actually already confirmed.

Metroid 3D

Metroid 2D

Animal crossing - I always skip one or two generations, and now I'm ready for a new one.

Mario maker port - This is actually the only WiiU port I really want.

Kororinpa 3 - excellent for the E-shop with the Switch controls

Megaman 11 - Still haven't had enough

I'd also really like a new Korg emulator app. I have very specific ideas on that one, but at the least I'd like an mp3 export feature.

Resident evil 4

Resident evil 7

4 is almost certain to make the system sooner or later, but 7 is straight up impossible without a ton of compromise.

Not that I own the Switch, but I'd love for them to make a new Wario Ware game for it. I feel like it is perfect for it.

4 is almost certain to make the system sooner or later, but 7 is straight up impossible without a ton of compromise.

Considering Capcom have confirmed that they're giving the RE7 Switch-support, I don't find it impossible at all. RE7, in my eyes at least, seems a lot less advanced than Metal Gear Solid V, and that game came out for the Xbox 360 (which is the version I have, and hardly found to be bad in any way).

Considering Capcom have confirmed that they're giving the RE7 Switch-support, I don't find it impossible at all. RE7, in my eyes at least, seems a lot less advanced than Metal Gear Solid V, and that game came out for the Xbox 360 (which is the version I have, and hardly found to be bad in any way).

Sure, but RE7 runs at 1080p60 on PS4. It's going to have to be a somewhat diminished experience on Switch. Also you wouldn't want to play the 360/PS3 versions of MGSV. They were horrendous.

Sure, but RE7 runs at 1080p60 on PS4. It's going to have to be a somewhat diminished experience on Switch. Also you wouldn't want to play the 360/PS3 versions of MGSV. They were horrendous.

Naturally it won't be as good. 720p/30fps probably.

I own the 360 version of MGSV, didn't really experience any problems with it, although it didn't look as nice as the other versions.

A lesser version being on switch isn't really an issue for me. I can accept titles would need downgrading.

I'm no way convinced even if nintendo had a console like PS4 it would get third party games.

The platform has to keep selling I think and maybe then you'll see more.

I would really like a deep Tales game, like Tales of Berseria. In fact, Namco has already stated that a Tales game is coming to Switch, so I guess we'll see some news at E3. A Tales-game on the go would be perfect for my daily commutes :D.

I super didn't buy a Switch for multiplatform ports anyway. The third party games I want are the Bravely Default, Professor Layton, Monster Hunter games that developers make specifically for the Switch, and with that hardware in mind. My primary platform is PC anyway, where games are not only going to benefit from the superior hardware, but they're going to be much cheaper too. Switch is selling well, so I hope developers realise that nobody is going to come to it looking for an impoverished experience; make games with Switch in mind otherwise people will look elsewhere.

Sign in to follow this