NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hogge

Games you want to see on Switch

So the Switch has a bit of a slow start in terms of third party support...

For this reason I've decided to start this thread where we can dream and hope.

I'm going to start off with a bit of an original suggestion... The Switch has a lack of good racers, so I'd like Sega to bring out a more fleshed out version of R Tuned: Ultimate Street Racing.

Given some more cars and tracks, more customization options for your cars and a career mode, this would be quite a good substitute for Need for Speed.

For my selfish purposes, I hope Codemasters brings a good F1 game to the Switch. It's been a long time since an F1 game graced a Nintendo console, it was the 3DS title F1 2011. Make it so, please.

I'd like the ones that I believe SHOULD be there or should be coming, such as the recently announced remake of RE Revelations. Seeing as it started as a handheld title, and on a Nintendo console, it's madness to me that it isn't also coming to Switch.

I'd even take yet more RE:makes for Switch as they're on all other consoles and Capcom are not exactly shy when it comes to milking consumers of their monies.

Super Princess Peach 2, obviously.

And I agree about a good realistic racer.

It'll be interesting to see what happens at the end of the year when the likes of FIFA and COD are released. Will we get the other console equivalent or a basic dumbed down version? Hopefully the former, if possible.

New Animal Crossing or the Gamecube version. New Ace Attorney game (I'd like to see a collection come to Switch but I would expect that would take a lot of reworking the two screens).

I'd quite like to see a game like The Division or similar on Switch.

On the one hand a constant online connection would be an issue for a portable device, however a game like that or Destiny you could take on the go as well as playing online would be great for something that is, potentially, never ending.

Monster Hunter 5 would be a good bet for that style as well...

A new Metroid.

A new Waverace.

Regarding 3rd Party:

The next main Monster Hunter... not available on 3DS so that they can just upscale a 3DS version, but a fully-fledged Switch version.

All the big 3rd Party releases that the other consoles get.

Edited by Kav

I'm not sure if this thread is meant to be just 3rd-party or not, but here are my hopes:

2D Metroid - As far as Metroidvanias go, Nintendo is currently being outclassed by Blaster Master Zero. Sort it out Nintendo! :heh:

2D Zelda or Zelda Maker - With styles like the enhanced 8-bit we've seen, plus enhanced 16-bit.

3D Metroid - Prime 4

Animal Crossing: Wood for the Trees - Now that I've had plenty of time with the Switch, and know it functions as a normal handheld, I'd love another Animal Crossing. My biggest wish would be for more tree varieties, and realistic ones too, eg. Beech, Oak, Ash.

F-Zero SX

Kid Icarus - Using Breath of the Wild engine. Smaller, tighter game than Zelda, similar to the approach to the Rito Divine Beast.

Dragon Quest XI - The only physical 3rd-party game I really want, which we are hopefully getting anyway.

eShop

Shantae 5/Risky Boots - I'd like another Shantae game, but only if they're going back to the tone and Metroidvania style of the 2nd and 3rd games.

New "Mighty" Game - Feels strange to have a handheld without a new game from WayForward's Mighty series, eg. Mighty Flip Champs, Mighty Milky Way, Mighty Switch Force.

Double Dragon I & II - I can't really explain how much I want Double Dragon, as well as (to a lesser extent) coin-op originals of...

Golden Axe

Final Fight

Bad Dudes vs. Dragonninja

Crudebuster

I'd like the ones that I believe SHOULD be there or should be coming, such as the recently announced remake of RE Revelations. Seeing as it started as a handheld title, and on a Nintendo console, it's madness to me that it isn't also coming to Switch.

I'd even take yet more RE:makes for Switch as they're on all other consoles and Capcom are not exactly shy when it comes to milking consumers of their monies.

Super Princess Peach 2, obviously.

And I agree about a good realistic racer.

It'll be interesting to see what happens at the end of the year when the likes of FIFA and COD are released. Will we get the other console equivalent or a basic dumbed down version? Hopefully the former, if possible.

So a game that has already come out for the 3DS, Wii U, PS3, Xbox 360 and soon Xbox One, PS4 should come out for the Switch? I'm not so sure unless Capcom can give Switch owners Resident Evil Revelations 2 as well. That game never made it on any Nintendo platform to date.

Personally I like to see Resident Evil 7 on the Switch but never mind.

For me, a new Animal Crossing game, Metroid game, F-Zero game and a new Project Zero(Fatal Frame) game would be cool.

Edited by sumo73

Well, aside from the usual Ninty-franchises, and keeping in mind that most Xone and PS4-games are too delanding for Switch (A hard truth. Dishonored 2 on Switch? That's reaching a bit...), I'm thinking:

- Resident Evil 4: one of the best games, on-the-go? Yes, please!

- Disney Afternoon Collection: because it are friggin' NES-games!

- Project Zero: just make it scary again, like PZ2.

- Mass Effect Trilogy: the universe in your pocket.

- An Eternal Darkness sequel/ remake: or if not that...

- Gamecube on VC: just don't ask me how yo solve the lack of analogue triggers. Then again, how many games really used it. The 'click' can be replicated with L/R or L3/R3.

- Saturn-games on VC: because dream we may...

Did I dream it up, or did Nintendo prohibit ports of already existing games for the first 6 months? Ik would explain why Rayman Legends and Skyrim are only due this fall. Though I can see Skyrim taking a lot if time porting and optimising. Dragon Quest I&II is a seperate case, being a compilation. MK8 Deluxe is not a strict port on paper, and maybe the rule is more 'flexible' for Nintendo-games. ;)

Edited by Strange Cookie

Well, aside from the usual Ninty-franchises, and keeping in mind that most Xone and PS4-games are too delanding for Switch (A hard truth. Dishonored 2 on Switch? That's reaching a bit...)

Don't feel the need to be restricted by that! The thread is about what you want, it doesn't need to be technically possible :p

Anyway for me it'd be most of the main titles so that I could pick up a Switch as my main gaming system/machine. I think ultimately I'd make more use of smaller/downloadable titles than retail - stuff like Stardew Valley etc which is already coming.

I'd definitely like to see a new AC; tho I wonder without StreetPass(a lacking feature of Switch that I don't understand why?) how it might fare. I think I still think of the Switch mostly as a handheld/portable rather than a home console though; so that's affecting my thinking somewhat.

What I want to see most of all is more new kinds of games like ARMS and 1,2, Switch. Games that could only be done on this hardware.

So a game that has already come out for the 3DS, Wii U, PS3, Xbox 360 and soon Xbox One, PS4 should come out for the Switch? I'm not so sure unless Capcom can give Switch owners Resident Evil Revelations 2 as well. That game never made it on any Nintendo platform to date.

Personally I like to see Resident Evil 7 on the Switch but never mind.

For me, a new Animal Crossing game, Metroid game, F-Zero game and a new Project Zero(Fatal Frame) game would be cool.

Erm... yeah it should. For that very reason you've just stated. It's out on every other console known to man so why the hell wouldn't they do it for Switch.

Also I'm talking about the new re-re-make of it which was recently announced for PS4 and Xbox One. I personally find it strange that they wouldn't do it for Switch too especially when it began its life as a handheld game. The Switch is the only console it can be replayed in this same format so it seems like a good fit. I dunno, maybe I'm alone in thinking that.

Resident Evil 7 would be amazing on Switch, but whether it's technically capable is beyond my knowledge of these things.

StreetPass(a lacking feature of Switch that I don't understand why?)

Battery life. Constantly pinging wifi every ten seconds would drain an already mediocre battery life

Erm... yeah it should. For that very reason you've just stated. It's out on every other console known to man so why the hell wouldn't they do it for Switch.

Also I'm talking about the new re-re-make of it which was recently announced for PS4 and Xbox One. I personally find it strange that they wouldn't do it for Switch too especially when it began its life as a handheld game. The Switch is the only console it can be replayed in this same format so it seems like a good fit. I dunno, maybe I'm alone in thinking that.

Resident Evil 7 would be amazing on Switch, but whether it's technically capable is beyond my knowledge of these things.

I agree with what you're saying but I just feel that a port over of the first revelations isn't enough from Capcom. This is Capcom we are talking about the company where they try and port things over to as many different formats as possible. They need to give us the second game as well and the bonus would be RE7. I have no idea if they would do any of that but still as the post says 'Games you want to see on the Switch'.

Pokémon Dash 2

There's a special place in Poke Hell for you.

The same games I want from every new Nintendo console, really:

PokéPark 3, Pokémon Ranger 4, Another Code 3, and Klonoa 3.

...Yeah, I don't have much hope for any of them (especially the third... :weep:), but I suppose we could be getting a new Klonoa game at some point, considering that they're making a movie...

Oh, I'm also hoping Ni no Kuni II could get a Switch release. Grinding in JRPGs is so much nicer when you can do it on the go. <3

Little King's Story 2 (a real successor this time), Assassins Creed, Muramasa the Demon Blade 2, Turok, Tomb Raider.

I'm not mentioning first party franchises because most of them will make an appearance I'm sure.

Actually, I'm shocked nobody mentions a new game in the Doshin The Giant-series.

And you call yourselves Nintendo-fans! ;)

Seriously though, it was rather fun.

Edited by Strange Cookie

Did I dream it up, or did Nintendo prohibit ports of already existing games for the first 6 months? Ik would explain why Rayman Legends and Skyrim are only due this fall. Though I can see Skyrim taking a lot if time porting and optimising. Dragon Quest I&II is a seperate case, being a compilation. MK8 Deluxe is not a strict port on paper, and maybe the rule is more 'flexible' for Nintendo-games. ;)

It would be great if this theory explained the lack of third party ports but LEGO City Undercover begs to differ.

Seriously though, I hope for and am expecting Pokkén Tournament, either an enhanced port or a sequel.

Just far less nostalgia bait (hoooooy small fry!)

Im fine with Nintendo using their old IP but I do want new games. I think if something is the second in a row, like Splatoon, then its not too bad but just look what happens when Nintendo re-invent. We get Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime and BotW!

Sign in to follow this