NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
oxygenuk

the revolution in europe

when will us british and other europeans etc get a taste of the revo do you guys think?

will it be around the same time as the usa or will we get treated like crap and receive revolutions on UK shelfs about half way into 2007?

thoughts or facts please, id love a revo for this years christmas :o

Nintendo knows Europe is important. They know Europe likes Sony and they like xbox 360 price cuts and halo bundles.

They knew Mario Kart needed to be out before Christmas here, and they knew the market warranted some attention..

They know if they don't get the Revolution out by November in Europe for £199 or less they will lose.

I think it'll most likely be out in November/December but I'd love it to have a worldwide September release - only because it'd probably be late sept for Europe and I can get it for my birthday and keep the money I've been saving hehe.

From Nintendo-Europe UK: "Nintendo Revolution coming 2006."
Satoru Iwata (Nintendo President): "As for North America, we need to release it by Thanksgiving."
Jim Merrick (Previous Director of Marketing NOE): "What we can guarantee is that Revolution will be sent in the same fourth month period anywhere in the world."

So if you take all these quotes into account, we can expect Rev sometime between 23/11/06 (Thanksgiving) or earlier and years-end. Or if the 2006 quote is ignored, late March 2007 is the worst case. If you take Jim Merrick's quote to mean a Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4 worldwide launch, then I think Q4 (September to December) and we'll get it at Christmas.

Also Jim Merrick did say Rev could launch first in Europe ... well you never know ... it COULD happen ... I know it's not going to though.

I think it will be released here a few weeks after the US launch. They don't want to miss Thanksgiving in America and they would be pretty stupid to miss Christmas, however I hope it's earlier than that.

Somehow I think we're gonna have to face facts, which means that the revo will be released in europe last: march 2007

Somehow I think we're gonna have to face facts, which means that the revo will be released in europe last: march 2007

UK last: Yes

2007?: hell no, they can't be that stupid

It would be suicide to release in 2007, they can say goodbye to the remnants of the European market.

Everyone has to realise this right now. They said 2006, but it might not be physically possible for them to get it everywhere in 2006. If that's the case, then simple as this, we'll be waiting until next year...and it wouldn't surprise me at all if it followed the same release pattern as the DS, US November, Japan December and Europe March. That'd be within 4 months.

Don't think that just because Nintendo said it's coming out here in 2006 means that we'll actually get it in 2006. Wasn't Zelda 'confirmed' as a 2005 game? Release dates change all the time, and Europe is clearly the least important market for Nintendo. If the Revolution was being launched in the US in early autumn, say, then I would agree that it's probably going to be out here before Christmas. If they're really leaving it as late as Thanksgiving, though, I wouldn't be at all surprised if it came out here in 2007.

Similarly, that '14 week launch period' comment hasn't been set in stone, either. We'll get it when we get it. Fingers crossed it is this year here.

Novermber/December...and they'll make shortages as less as possible. They wont be like Microsoft and cause bad shortages (or have semi-major promblems with the system)...Hopefully.

Wasn't there a rumor that the revo has already gone gold? if so it wouldn't be unthinkable for it to be out everywhere by this christmas. plus pushing it out that quick would create some extra press attention i'm sure.

2006 definetely - and most likely November than December. I don't know what it is but I'm absolutely positive that Nintendo will make a good launch this time.

Nintendo say 2006.

Nintend have said they are determined to release 2006 in each publication, and within 14 weeks of each continent.

Confirmed November for USA, so theoretically they could have it out in Japan mid September, and stockpile for a November launch in EU and USA.

Nintendo worldwide will step in if NOE don't get their act together because after november mums will be christmas shopping, the media will be going PS3 vs. xbox 360 crazy. And they need to get in that market for people.. it really is a cut off point for the average person who can't afford many electronics and will probably be in some debt after christmas.

I think the mainboard with embedded CPU is already made a few million times. They only wait for the GPU to be completed. Perhaps they´ve seen some graphic-techniques that are new and want it to integrate those effects into the GPU.

@ [email protected]

What are you talking? Didn´t you realise that they don´t want to wwin against the competition? This "who sells the most consoles" really fucks me up. Sony and MS have done enough harm to the game industry. Poor game-developers!

Really, try to think beyond your shrinked knowledge of what makes a winner. Perhaps the winner is the one who gets the developers who can´t afford to develop for a new multicore-bastard-system and hit the level of graphics that sony and ms want them to do. Means: very few games for PS and XBOX. Many games for REV!

Perhaps the winner is the one who makes the most money that he can invest in his next project. Maybe the looser is the one who thinks: I am the biggest. I make the most powerfull, but doesn´t realise that he is in reality very dependent on the small ones!

Edit: Zitat: In a death-match there are no rules!

if i remember correctly Iwata or Reggie said that rev would launch in the US at LEAST in time for thanksgiving and Merrick said that they were aiming for a same quarter release for all regions, which means that if the US has a november release, that must mean that japan and europe fall in the same quarter as the US. November is in Q3(oct, nov, dec) of nintendo's financial year, so if the number of units they require to launch is available, then all 3 regions should see a launch by xmas 2006, however the units might not be available and could therefore push the last region to launch into 2007, which history would point to being europe.

But anything could happen and alot will still depend on the PS3 launch I think as to which regions get the launch first, whether nintendo see them as competition or not.

I thought the 14 weeks thing was a total launch window. Japan launch, week 1 starts and America and Europe get it some time within the next 14 weeks. And because the parts dont cost a crapload to manufacture and there are less than in the PS3 I'm confident Nintendo cant make enough for a near simultanious launch.

Erm Goku, how dare you try and condescend me with some vaguely unrelated information about Nintendo's business strategy.

Yamauichi is a businessman, he runs Nintendo and he does not take risks in a business world. To develop a console costs a huge amount of money and their aim is to profit.

They want to expand the gaming market, not just help out the little developpers.

So lets go back to basics (that's role reversal) how does a company make money? Well they offer people a service, a product or something along those lines.. by delivering that product in this society it is exchanged for money, i'll arrange it in an equation to make it simpler.

(People + Money) / (Service + Product) = Profit + Consumerism.

It's the basis of our capialist society.

Now Nintendo needs people, and people with money.. lots of them if they want to "Expand the gaming market" - Iwata TGS 2005.

Now last time I checked, nearly every person on this planet (religion permitting) celebrates christmas by spending lots of money on gifts, and food.

This drains people's pockets, lots of people cash their credit cards, it's a capitalist goldmine!

Now by releasing the console just before the christmas period, In November they will catch many consumers eyes, the media's eyes and they will sell a product.

If they want to profit they will charge a premium on the product, and they can onlly charge this premium before christmas, because after christmas everyone has spent money, and they can't afford to make considerably large investments like a computer games console.

"Hey mum, can you buy me this Nintendo revolution?"

reply: "No you've just had £100 spent on your toys this christmas, wait until your birthday"

The same applies for every other console.. they need to get it out before christmas EVERYWHERE. Your point is a good one.. they do want to help out the little developpers and make the games industry less 'exclusive' but you are confusing two different issues.

Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft all make games, games consoles and games services.

They are competing, though Nintendo has created an illusion they don't want to.. because they are expanding the games market and catering for them.. by not releasing specs for example.

But you are wrong in thinking that Nintendo does not care about how many consoles they sell, perhaps you should do some research by watching this BBC3 documentary here: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2687866789001698114&q=nintendo

And also be a little less arrogant, perhaps people would listen to you if you spellt things correctly?

And to top it all off with a cherry..

Satoru Iwata stated, "We can't disclose the Revolution's release period yet, but we have no plans to miss out on the year-end sales battle. As for North America, we need to release it by Thanksgiving, or otherwise we won't receive support from the retail industry. So the Revolution will be released prior to that period."

Sign in to follow this