NEurope
Charlie

Rumour (4chan): Nintendo Direct on April 1st

Nintendo Direct 4.1.2017

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door HD

A remaster of the GameCube classic for Nintendo Switch. In addition to bringing back the features fans loved about the original, some things are tweaked and balanced, like the back tracking in Twilight Town. The game is scheduled for release in October.

Super Mario Maker for Nintendo Switch

A port of Mario Maker is coming to Switch with the Wii U features intact. This includes Amiibo support, Costume Mario, and uploading levels to Course World. A couple new course features are introduced as well, like slopes.

Breath of the Wild DLC

Gameplay is shown of the Cave of Trails, which was announced back in February. The new feature in the map shows players when enemy camps are nearby.

Splatoon 2

A new trailer is shown detailing the game’s story mode. Agent 3 must defend Inkopolis from the Octarians as they invade Inkopolis and try to steal back the Great Zapfish. Bill also talks about the game’s ranked modes, which include the returning Splat Zones and Tower Control, along with a new mode. In addition, all 3 modes can be selected separately at any time, and are not tied to a time rotation like the stages. The game will also be compatible with the Splatoon series of Amiibo, and the Amiibo challenges from the first game are returning.

Virtual Console

Virtual Console will be starting up soon. NES and SNES titles are planned to start being released in May. Gamecube Games are indeed coming to the Virtual Console. Certain games that required Analog Triggers will have the option to configure the shoulder buttons to indicate a light, or full press. For example, pressing R will indicate a light press, or ZR will indicate a full press. Super Smash Bros. Melee will be available in early June, with Super Mario Sunshine and Mario Kart Double Dash coming in late June.

Indie Games

Bill passes it over to Damon Baker, who announces release dates for some of the Indie Games described in the Indie Presentation back in February. Runner 3 will launch on October 12th, SteamWorld Dig 2 will launch on June 8th, Overcooked: Special Edition will launch on May 18th, Stardew Valley will release on July 13th, and Shakedown Hawaii will release on April 6th.

Ever Oasis

Damon them pases it back to Bill to talks about upcoming 3DS games. This section starts with talking about Ever Oasis, which releases on June 8th.

Lady Layton

Lady Layton is coming to the US, and is planned for a 2018 release date.

Fire Emblem Echoes

Details on the special edition of the game are given, as well as a deeper look into the game’s world, and what the Alm and Celica Amiibo do. The Amiibo can allow you to summon certain characters from past Fire Emblem titles to add to your party. You can also scan previously released Amiibo of FE characters and add them.

ARMS

The direct ends with the new trailer for ARMS. It details the game’s story mode, and announces 4 new characters. The game releases on May 29th.

There is nothing Smash Bros. related in this direct. Not even the 3 remaining Amiibo. Don’t get your hopes up.

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/371959439%23371959439

Now this sounds like a bit too good to be true, but we'll see on Saturday. There have been Direct's on Saturday before and also on April 1st (April Fools Day) before.

Also apparently the Switch Direct leak on 4chan was almost spot on.

Gamecube Games are indeed coming to the Virtual Console. Certain games that required Analog Triggers will have the option to configure the shoulder buttons to indicate a light, or full press. For example, pressing R will indicate a light press, or ZR will indicate a full press.
I hope this is not true :/ three values is not analogue. They really dropped the ball with analogue triggers imo.

Thousand Year door would be a big hit for me (hence the avatar!)

Stardew Valley would probably consume my summer holidays too.

4chan, April 1st. Must be true.

The leak on 4chan in January was spot on so you never know.

The leak on 4chan in January was spot on so you never know.

1 leak being correct doesn't mean all will be. Plus that leak was from someone who was setting up an event.

A HD Paper Mario 2 would make me very happy. I genuinely think it's one of Nintendos best games.

@Serebii , I don't think Charlie is saying all leaks will be true because of the January one, he's just not instantly dismissing this because of how accurate that last leak was.

Edited by Helmsly

I hope this is not true :/ three values is not analogue. They really dropped the ball with analogue triggers imo.

Sounds stupid and completely baffling why they never just went with analogue triggers.

Was there any legitimate reason why they didn't include analogue triggers? The ones on the PS4 have about an inch of travel at most so at most it would have added a centimetre of extra thickness to the Joy Con's and probably no extra thickness to the Pro Controller. Just seems like another case of Nintendo doing things their own weird, stubborn way. I will totally buy a pair of Gamecube joy cons when they inevitably get released though.

Would be nice if this rumour turns out to be true, I've been meaning to play through Super Mario Sunshine so will happily hold off until its available on the Switch if it really is coming in June. Bringing Super Mario Maker out so soon rings false to me though.

The Fire Emblem part is baffling to me, because all of that information (details on the limited edition, the Amiibo's function, "a look into the world") was already revealed.

And the Amiibo part seems to be only half-true: the Smash Bros amiibos summon the past heroes, the Alm&Celica amiibos unlock a dungeon, and all of them can be used to store/download characters in the game.

Paper Mario HD screams fake to me. Although I want it to be true. They've been transitioning the Paper Mario series away from being an RPG series.

Everything else seems like a safe guess.

It sounds absolutely ridiculous and makes Nintendo decision to drop analogue triggers even more stupid.

APril 1st is a Saturday, never has there been a Direct on a Saturday before, pinch, punch, ahha!

It seems odd to announce both GameCube virtual console and Paper Mario HD at the same time.

APril 1st is a Saturday, never has there been a Direct on a Saturday before, pinch, punch, ahha!

A very quick Google shows there have been plenty of them on sarurdays.

@Charlie. Oh, guess I dun goofed. I always tend to remember them on Thursday's. Bring on Saturday then.

They typically have been. They have very rarely been on Saturdays. Not plenty

They typically have been. They have very rarely been on Saturdays. Not plenty

You're being pedantic for absolutely no reason. There have been Nintendo Direct's on Saturdays in the past. Let's move on.

You're being pedantic for absolutely no reason. There have been Nintendo Direct's on Saturdays in the past. Let's move on.

Typically only game focused or specific region focused though.

If this was real, I think we'd have heard about it by now

Maybe consider discussing the actual potential of a Direct given the recent release of the Switch? It's hard to expect people to be positive about Nintendo on this forum if you're going to shut them down on semantics of days/dates for a Direct rather than actually having and fostering a conversation around the subject matter. Why should people bother to even post something potentially positive and speculative if they're going to be told it's not even likely possible before it's even had a chance? Why even bring it up - is it going to further discussion or just satify egos in being correct?

Let's suppose it's true - what are you guys looking forward to potentially hearing about? Or not? What are thoughts of TTYD as a supposed HD title? Do we think it might be a Switch specific remake or potentially an up scaling of Gamecube games/emulation? I know ofc that Dolphin has the capabilities as an emulator of outputting greater definition than the GC actually did - so I wouldn't consider it technically impossible and in fact I think it might actually be quite a good draw for them if they can upscale the old GC titles without too much work.

Let's suppose it's true - what are you guys looking forward to potentially hearing about? Or not? What are thoughts of TTYD as a supposed HD title? Do we think it might be a Switch specific remake or potentially an up scaling of Gamecube games/emulation? I know ofc that Dolphin has the capabilities as an emulator of outputting greater definition than the GC actually did - so I wouldn't consider it technically impossible and in fact I think it might actually be quite a good draw for them if they can upscale the old GC titles without too much work.

Honestly, if all of this was true then I would certainly be eyeing up a Switch a lot sooner than I expected.

TTYD is an absolute masterpiece and the pinnacle of the Paper Mario series. So being able to play that in HD and on a handheld would be amazing.

I don't like the sound of the way around the lack of analogue triggers. If GC games do come to the Switch they had better release a set of GC joycons. I don't see why they wouldn't do this. Surely it would be easy money for them?