NEurope
Choze

Destiny 2

7 minutes ago, bob said:

Is this game worth it for the single player alone do you reckon?

If you mean the story...maybe? :D

I thoroughly enjoyed it. It felt like playing a Halo game. If you like those games, I'd say check it out. Maybe wait for a price cut.

• Like 1

So following on from the sales discussion Activision released a press release for the sales. 

It's sold less overall than Destiny 1 launch but is the biggest digital sales launch on PSN. 

Seems like it has done well enough with higher levels of engagement. Seems like they are on the right path after the whole over hype of Destiny 1.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170915005228/en/

The original Destiny became the biggest new console video game franchise launch in history, and Destiny 2 surpassed the original’s records for engagement and digital sales in launch week.

"With franchise pre-order records broken, and record day-one performance on PlayStation Store, it’s exciting to see engagement at the highest ever week-one concurrency for the franchise.

Bungie CEO, Pete Parsons, said, “We hit some great milestones this week with our community.” He added, “We are blown away that we’ve had eight days in a row in Destiny 2 where we’ve seen more than one-million concurrent players grace our worlds.

For the third year in a row, Destiny is the #1 console-only game viewed on Twitch by minutes watched. Destiny 2, including its two betas, had more than 600M minutes watched on Twitch before the raid, a fan-favorite, endgame, 6-player gameplay experience started. The raid, called “Leviathan,” went live for players on Sept. 13 and immediately shot to the #1 position on Twitch based on total concurrent viewers.

[mention=201]Eddage[/mention] [mention=342]Hero-of-Time[/mention] Does 8pm sound good for you?
Edit: Your 8pm, not mine :p

Works for me.
  • Like 1

Ok anyone up for raid? Only need two more guys, ready and willing. Tried using the destiny app but no one seems to read that

@Eddage @Hero-of-Time @Map Sorry for leaving so quickly and without notice, but I got a phone call and decided to call it a day after that.

Fun session. It was nice to finally play video games with you. :) 

By the way, what the fuck was that Nightfall boss doing to us at the end? :laughing: Felt like 800 enemies shooting at us as soon as we got back from the dead...

And those Trials...let's not speak about that.

Can't wait for the Raid. :peace:

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 3

Yeah, was good to finally game with a few more people on here.

Loved the Nightfall strike, even if the boss was hilariously OP. The thing went on a real rampage at the end. 

Yeah....the trials..... :D

Yup, I'm also looking forward to getting involved with the Raid. Should be a right laugh but for all the wrong reasons.

• Like 3

You go through all the time and effort to get matching armour with awesome gold kneepads...

t3WDETA.jpg

Then the game just decides it's gonna give you some random looking leg armour instead...

rlNtk0p.jpg

Cheers for the games @drahkon @Hero-of-Time @Map

Trials is certainly... interesting :p

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

And that's the story done.  Overall, that's a vast improvement over what was there before

Did a ridiculous 11-hourish sesh on this yesterday, basically running the story with Psychick(done all story before) and Katca(none and no destiny) from the farm onwards, tho we haven't quite finished. Major spanner in the works is that Katca likes story and looking around, and sometimes in Destiny you just wish folks could do it on their own dime! By the same token as a fresh Destiny newb I did want to try and not just rush her through or trigger stuff without her, but you can't always control the fire team :p

The annoyance we had was the middle bit of needing to level for a story mission - on my hunter it wasn't an issue as I'd crucible'd and roamed a bit and got XP casually waiting to story proper on the a noob. We were concurrently running the story but somehow our levels staggered a bit(8,9,10) and I think we spent about 3-hours getting Katca from 8-11 just to do another mission, having broken for an hour and a half before thinking we'd jump right into the next one when we came back. Bit annoying, though it swayed us into doing a few Adventures(actually ones slightly above our PL) and they were pretty cool/fun in places. Been jumping into a few public events and heroicing where I've figured how or seen how with someone else - I'm enjoying that random little puzzle aspect to it.

Back to the rest! For me most of it was repeated story so I could take a bit more in this time round(just done the one on Io and back on the farm), and tbh it's pretty much a bit of D1 all over again, if even possibly a bit more simplistic. Doesn't feel too varied; and I feel like that's so far felt to extend elsewhere - ofc having not done or had access to all of the content yet this may soon be a forgotten thought. For me knowing the meat of the game is going to lie outside of the story I also don't mind too much - I am wondering how much Katca will come to realise and/or enjoy the later stuff; but she's already thinking about which guns she seems to like and not like so I'm hoping we've got another convert to the Destiny cause.

We'll hopefully finish the story this evening or tomorrow as 3 of us, then I'm gonna do the same with my Hunter who's a mission behind my Warlock now, despite being level 20, and then I'm looking forward to the deliciously crack-like grind for all the shit I need to make the good gear I want.

EDIT: ran Katca through 3 QP crucibles(clash control clash?) and 2 competatives(the bomb one?). She wasn't really keen on Destiny for the PvP stuff but we did better than I expected based of her own worries of letting us down lol. We actually brought a comp back from 0-5 to an annoying but satisfyingish loss of 5-6, and our control loss was within just a few points. She doesn't seem fully happy with her guns for either PvE at times or PvP but tbh I think that'll just be getting used to stuff and finding your niche, as well as adjusting to the PvP differences and all the game and interface stuff. I'm hoping the post story stuff will just be enough to keep her interested!

Should we try and get some Raid teams going for next week?

Wednesday evening (the only evening that works for me :p)? 8pm UK time? Who's in?

I cant be sure that I'll hit a high enough level by Wednesday as I'm only 241 at the moment but I'll put myself as a backup if I can get to a higher power level by then. Don't bother saving me a space though.

I literally just woke up and decided to go kick some arses on Competitive mode earlier this morning. 😂

• Haha 1

I doubt I'll be up to scratch for raising this week myself, tho I would like to try it at some point and possibly blind. What would the recommended minimum power level in you guys' opinion? I can maybe make it a target to aim for with my Hunter and maybe be a very backup reserve depending when it is!

1 hour ago, drahkon said:

Wednesday evening (the only evening that works for me :p)? 8pm UK time? Who's in?

Given the amount of people playing the game yesterday, I'm surprised one was organised for then. 

I wouldn't mind running Nightfall again and having another crack at the Trials, either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drahkon said:

What do I need to qualify for that? I'm powerlevel 151 atm. 

4 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I wouldn't mind running Nightfall again and having another crack at the Trials, either.

Same for me.

I won't be at home during the evening hours until Wednesday. If we don't get enough people for a Raid that day we could just do the Nightfall and Trials again :peace:

Just now, Tales said:

What do I need to qualify for that? I'm powerlevel 151 atm. 

Recommended is 260-280

25 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Same for me.

I won't be at home during the evening hours until Wednesday. If we don't get enough people for a Raid that day we could just do the Nightfall and Trials again :peace:

Recommended is 260-280

Does that long to reach?

14 minutes ago, Tales said:

Does that long to reach?

Up to 260-270 not so much. After that it gets a little slow, depending on whether you're lucky with drops.

12 minutes ago, Tales said:

Does that long to reach?

Getting to 260 is pretty easy. Anything past 265 is where things slow down dramatically.

Im still struggling with getting my head around infusion. Is there not a preview of what you'll get after merging two items? I'm afraid of wasting some of my gear in attempting to increase my light level.

For example, I've got 2 Wardcliff Coils, one at 277 and one at 290. Will the 277 get boosted up to 291 if merged with the 290 or will it just go to 290 or lower?

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

For example, I've got 2 Wardcliff Coils, one at 277 and one at 290. Will the 277 get boosted up to 291 if merged with the 290 or will it just go to 290 or lower?

Depends.

If there are no +5 defense mods in either, infusing the 277 with the 290 will result in a 290.

Let's say there's a +5 defense mod in the 290 coil. That means the base level is 285. Infusing the 277 with that will result in a 285 item which doesn't have a +5 mod in it.

277 +5 infused with 290 without mod = 295.

14 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Depends.

If there are no +5 defense mods in either, infusing the 277 with the 290 will result in a 290.

Let's say there's a +5 defense mod in the 290 coil. That means the base level is 285. Infusing the 277 with that will result in a 285 item which doesn't have a +5 mod in it.

277 +5 infused with 290 without mod = 295.

Great, looks like it's time to relearn infusions! Such a fucking arsehole when you fuck it up tho. I can't infuse anything yet because I don't have shards etc and tbh seeing how low these exotics are to think about getting them up later is a bit crazy. Am I likely to simply reroll/pickup better levels of exotics I have/equivalents just via engrams later? I don't mind the extra time cost at a lower level if it keeps something that might be better used elsewhere later.

11 minutes ago, Rummy said:

Am I likely to simply reroll/pickup better levels of exotics I have/equivalents just via engrams later?

Yup. Armor only drops for your class, so there's quite a good chance you get duplicates at a higher level.

But even if you don't, you can infuse exotics with legendaries.

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 1

I really wish you could use more than one exotic piece of armour. Its so annoying getting something better then not being able to use it or even swap it out if you dont have a replacement for the other piece.